Lucky :)

#142 Codestar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:49 PM

What is the point of playing assault and conquest if you only get points for doing skirmish type objectives. I just trundled all the way to the other base in a crab dodging LRM boats as I moved between buildings like a ninja! Took out three turrets and was capturing the base when the other team was capturing our base but killed the other 11 players. At the end of match I got 1 single point! ???? If you want to make me to play these modes then at least make the scoring favour the game modes actual objectives. Going back to brawl mode!

Codestar

#143 Hillslam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:58 PM

STOP GIVING ME
1 flamer
5 MC
1 SHS

!!!!

I've been good. I swear! I only looked at those pics from TheFappening once!

Edit: twice

Edited by Hillslam, 21 December 2014 - 01:06 PM.

#144 Moshi

• PipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:30 PM

the challenge itself is great but the 100 limit is pretty low. partner got that in the halloween weekend, and is pretty much finished his christmas event now. we were excited to see a holiday-long activity handing out trinkets thinking it would be a great excuse to get back into mwo, an encouragement to go back to playing a few rounds most days

instead, people will come on, play, get their prizes and go away again. it's sad, thought pgi had found a way to save themselves over the festive break and win back a few hearts after cw debacle.

don't get me wrong, cw is interesting and has potential but it needs SO much work. things will improve, and events are good, but getting a rather limited number of prizes of a random value over a fairly extended time period kinda sounds like the cw matches themselves

#145 deadmedo

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 98 posts
  • LocationBosna i Hercegovina

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:07 PM

I already finished the event. 2 mechbays, 4 days premium, 560MC, some CB, consumables, weapons and cockpit items. Pretty much satisfied. I guess next 2 weeks will be taking a little beak and play less :)

#146 Leigus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationSierra, Free Worlds League

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:45 PM

A friend of mine and I have both encountered an issue where we won a mechbay in the challenge, but after our next match got an "UNKNOWN ERROR" and no additional mechbay.

#147 Deadeeye

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 64 posts
  • LocationStuck on a branch in Viridian Bog

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:45 PM

View PostSaobh, on 21 December 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

Man Santa is a lot harsher then the grim reaper during his Halloween event :o/

I feel you, Saobh. 26 games and all I got are consumables (and even a lump of coal)!! I had much better luck during the Halloween event.

#148 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:26 PM

This is great! Thanks for this opportunity to get free stuff ^_^

Edited by Tordin, 21 December 2014 - 06:27 PM.

#149 Cow And Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:54 PM

View PostHillslam, on 21 December 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

STOP GIVING ME
1 flamer
5 MC
1 SHS

!!!!

I've been good. I swear! I only looked at those pics from TheFappening once!

Edit: twice

Lol figures. That's why I am only getting rotten potatoes and naughty's!
:)

#150 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:08 PM

I finally got a naughty: 1 Flamer

#151 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:44 PM

100 is a pretty low cap. I got 20 presents in each of the normal game modes in only two days.

But Invasion made? Three. Getting 25 matches is hard enough... getting 80 points in them is harder. You'll pretty much only ever get that much if you're on the defending side... and I'm almost always on the attacking side. It would be nice if shooting generators and turrets helped your matchscore a little more, then I might stand a chance.

#152 DJFrost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 171 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:18 AM

Seem to be getting an awful lot of repeat prizes ( I REALLY don't need 3 snow globes lol) and have yet to get a mechbay or premium time! Loving the other prizes, but those were the two i really need, I've been good, really!

#153 deadmedo

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 98 posts
  • LocationBosna i Hercegovina

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:37 AM

View PostTarogato, on 21 December 2014 - 10:44 PM, said:

100 is a pretty low cap. I got 20 presents in each of the normal game modes in only two days.

But Invasion made? Three. Getting 25 matches is hard enough... getting 80 points in them is harder. You'll pretty much only ever get that much if you're on the defending side... and I'm almost always on the attacking side. It would be nice if shooting generators and turrets helped your matchscore a little more, then I might stand a chance.

Getting 80 points too hard? I played a total of 25 CW games this weekends and in all 25 games I got over 80 points. And I played as defender and attacker. Since the zerg rush is out (now they need at least 2 waves to destroy the cannon) there is plenty of time to get those 80 points.

#154 Codestar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:06 AM

Mentioned it earlier in this thread but a few more xmas games in.

Playing the other game modes. assault and conquest. One conquest map I trundled for the whole game without seeing another mech and captured multiple cap points for a total score of 11. Just had another conquest game. Captured and held two points. 1 kill 1 assist and a win. 28 points. There is no point playing the game modes any other way than just skirmishing. Scoring needs adjusting for these game modes as nobody pays any attention and are running like lemmings after their next xmas kill.

Codestar

#155 Saobh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 197 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:24 AM

View PostCodestar, on 22 December 2014 - 06:06 AM, said:

Mentioned it earlier in this thread but a few more xmas games in.

Playing the other game modes. assault and conquest. One conquest map I trundled for the whole game without seeing another mech and captured multiple cap points for a total score of 11. Just had another conquest game. Captured and held two points. 1 kill 1 assist and a win. 28 points. There is no point playing the game modes any other way than just skirmishing. Scoring needs adjusting for these game modes as nobody pays any attention and are running like lemmings after their next xmas kill.

Codestar

Yeah ... in CW in a match I brought down 2 of the canons generators and took 1/3 of the canons life out (we lost as in all we only reached half of its life, can't complain we where a group of solos vs a 10 man unit). But because I was concentrated on doing that rather trade blows with red team I didn't reach the 80 points as none of those actions give you any points whatsoever.

So you can't really complain when people just do their own thing (and go die quickly doing it) and ignore the teams win condition, because in the end of the daythey aren't directly rewarded for it when it comes to the Christmas event.

hehe 50 matches in and not one cockpit item but 2 x 1 day premium.

Edited by Saobh, 22 December 2014 - 07:35 AM.

#156 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:56 AM

I stopped redeeming prizes.

I keep getting "Unkown Error" when redeeming in game. I won't open anymore until this issue is resolved. I lost a 40MC prize on account of it.

#157 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:22 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 22 December 2014 - 07:56 AM, said:

I stopped redeeming prizes.

I keep getting "Unkown Error" when redeeming in game. I won't open anymore until this issue is resolved. I lost a 40MC prize on account of it.

I've seen that bug too, but the stuff I'm redeeming always shows up shortly after.

#158 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:51 AM

I may try opening a couple more tonight. To see if it's just a glitch, but I know how much MC I have and it's still showing the same amount it showed last night before I opened the 40MC prize. I guess it's just gone.

#159 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:05 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 22 December 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

I may try opening a couple more tonight. To see if it's just a glitch, but I know how much MC I have and it's still showing the same amount it showed last night before I opened the 40MC prize. I guess it's just gone.

I had that happen to me, on the website click the MC button and check the recent transactions. Mine was there, and the total in the client updated like 10 minutes later. If it's not there, email support?

#160 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:37 AM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 22 December 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:

I had that happen to me, on the website click the MC button and check the recent transactions. Mine was there, and the total in the client updated like 10 minutes later. If it's not there, email support?

You're correct. I went back and totaled the MC I'd won and it does show up.

Thanks!

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users