Negative Loyalty Points After Cw Match

9 replies to this topic

#1 Bolt Vander-Huge

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:28 AM

Trying to figure out why I lose loyalty points for killing IS mechs if I have a Clan contract?

Last match wasn't bad in that I only lost 15 points but one I ran last night I ended up losing 100 loyalty points for killing House mechs as a Clan Wolf....

what gives?

#2 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:39 AM

Were you in an IS faction initially?

If I recall correctly, if you have loyalty points built up with a faction then change faction allegiance, you'll lose points as you kill members of that former unit. Only loyalty points associated with the prior unit, not your current one.

#3 Bolt Vander-Huge

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:44 AM

I was before the clans came out - then switched to clan immediately - haven't had any other contracts except Wolf...

#4 Adamski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:45 AM

Yep, if you ever swap to another Clan that fights Clan Wolf, or the IS and fight on the clan border, and kill any members of Clan Wolf, those negative numbers at the bottom would deduct from your current Clan Wolf LP. Happily it cannot go below Zero, so nothing to worry about at this time.

#5 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:45 AM

View PostWFCxMA2, on 19 December 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

I was before the clans came out - then switched to clan immediately - haven't had any other contracts except Wolf...

Check you faction LP stats and see if you have any from your prior allegiance. That might be why you're seeing negatives.

#6 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:49 AM

View PostWFCxMA2, on 19 December 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

Trying to figure out why I lose loyalty points for killing IS mechs if I have a Clan contract?

Last match wasn't bad in that I only lost 15 points but one I ran last night I ended up losing 100 loyalty points for killing House mechs as a Clan Wolf....

what gives?

The Spheroid factions don't like it when you kill their people. You lose LP for those Spheroid factions only, not the LP for Clan Wolf.

Just like if you took a Spheroid contract and killed some Clanners -- you would lose LP with the Clans you killed members of, as they don't like it when you kill their people.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 19 December 2014 - 11:51 AM.

#7 Veritae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:05 PM

Did you perhaps purchase Phoenix package mechs/faction cockpit items with loyalty point bumps? If so, you likely had LP injected into your profile at CW release for some faction, even though you've only been playing Clans since.

#8 EgoSlayer

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:10 PM

View PostWFCxMA2, on 19 December 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

what gives?

Pretty sure you lose loyalty points for every faction that you are fighting against. Because you are fighting/killing their people. Look closely, if you are a Clan fighting Steiner you are losing *Steiner* LP from your Steiner LP total not your Clan/Match LPs. If you don't have any Steiner LPs you are not losing anything.

Edited by EgoSlayer, 19 December 2014 - 03:11 PM.

#9 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:19 PM

View PostVeritae, on 19 December 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

Did you perhaps purchase Phoenix package mechs/faction cockpit items with loyalty point bumps? If so, you likely had LP injected into your profile at CW release for some faction, even though you've only been playing Clans since.

If that's the case he won't have LP assigned to any factions, he'll have a lump sum of LP that he can assign to any faction from his profile.

#10 vettie

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:45 PM

I have seen them too, negatives at the end of a match

I bought Phoenix, got 2 (of the 4) medals installed on 2 of my drop dec mechs. There was some LP unassigned, but I did assign them. Only ever been in 1 faction. only 1 contract - never changed or broke one.

Havent played CW all day, but the best I can remember its -15pts per kill. What I dont know is if the pts are for MY being killed, or the number of enemies I killed during match. Didnt really pay attention. But that is where the negatives show up, as kills...(at least for me)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users