Er Ll Turrets

11 replies to this topic

#1 JimboFBX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:01 PM

The ER LL turrets really make it hard to flank as an attacker. You bring a light but you can't go anywhere without having some heavier mechs clear the way, which defeats your capability to flank. They auto-aim at you and do 20 damage every 5 seconds which basically screws you over. Also they see through your ecm.

Hell, even bring an assault and attempting to go around the edge is punishing because of these. Either LRMs because your spotted or the ER LLs are hitting your rear armor.

Worst part is that I'm playing games where defenders aren't even trying. Just standing still and point and clicking and still winning handedly.

Here's my suggestions:

Reduce armor of wall generators significantly. Defenders already have ample time to set-up. The generator forces just a handful of mechs to be the targets of the shooting gallery which just isn't needed.

Reduce turrets to 1x medium laser and make it so they can't spot for the team.

#2 JimboFBX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:38 AM

Surely I'm not the only person to notice this...

#3 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:42 AM

Oh, you're by no means the first person to notice that the Defense side is blatantly OP. It's just that rarely I hear that it's the turrets being the reason for that. I mostly hear about the map design being bad, that ECM is still OP, and that the large group bogeyman is still in effect (least likely reason).

So PGI nerfed the "zerg rush", which is great and all, if it wasn't the only way to win besides deploying heavy assault rushes in hopes of smashing the defenders right away. Now that the cheesy strategy for the offensive side has been taken care of, it's time to take care of the cheesiness of defending, which is multifactorial. Good post.

In my opinion, maybe we should only have stronger turrets near the cannon, and use the PUG match turrets for the ones further away.

#4 R Razor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:43 AM

Honestly I find the never missing drop ships that overfly the battlefield to be much more of an issue, especially to light pilots, than I do the turrets.

#5 Squally160

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 295 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:49 AM

View PostR Razor, on 19 December 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

Honestly I find the never missing drop ships that overfly the battlefield to be much more of an issue, especially to light pilots, than I do the turrets.

WTB respawn hangers rather than dropships for defenders, possibly down a path further back from teh generator to provide a real reason to KILL defenders, the time it takes them to come back and defend.

The turrets arent a big deal, at least when my unit plays, as they are a removable threat. dropships though? only way to remove them is to not kill defenders...

#6 Wolfwood592

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 505 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:50 AM

With the dropship nerf and hit reg being addressed I have noticed (at least in everygame I have played so far) that the ability to successfully attack OR defend is getting more and more even.

The turrets are hardly an issue unless you stand and face splat them in a light.

#7 Ph30nix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:00 AM

One thing that annoys me is that ECM doesn't effect them. Combined with the perfect accuracy is just a death sentance for a light.

no way to kill them as a light effectively without taking damage since they have their super armor when not deployed and you only have a fraction of a second to attack them between super armor lowering and them returning fire.

#8 -Wulf-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 135 posts
  • LocationThe last =FD= Dropship

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:04 AM

Everyone has said it is more balanced and even but I notice no change other than the time it takes to set up the zerge rush. three waves and its over, attack always wins. first wave take all the gates out then rush generators, One or two generators fall usually depending on tonnage. Wave two mop up generators usually done with fast mediums, ECM cicadas and Shadowhawks. This clears the generators. Wave three LIGHT ZERGE RUSH FOR THE WIN. My unit and BEER duked it out last night using these same tactics, Outcome was the same no matter wich side you were on. no way to completly stop the zerge. its too massive and the Omega is too weak to survive now. what used to take two full rushes to take out omega is now down to three lights can spank the generator with no issue while the defenders are killing our lights but they cant take em out fast enough.

#9 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:05 AM

This, because they fly pathes and reach out way further than they should.

turrets are fine, you cna take them out rather easily, and a light alone should nto run around like this if he doesn't know how to pilot in dead angles or has ecm.

and the turrets should be ERLL or they would be entirely pointless.

View PostPh30nix, on 19 December 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

One thing that annoys me is that ECM doesn't effect them. Combined with the perfect accuracy is just a death sentance for a light.

no way to kill them as a light effectively without taking damage since they have their super armor when not deployed and you only have a fraction of a second to attack them between super armor lowering and them returning fire.

Thats the point, a light should not be able to conquer a base alone.

Edited by Lily from animove, 19 December 2014 - 09:06 AM.

#10 JimboFBX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:48 AM

They aren't just erll, they are 2x er ll. They auto target your legs if exposed or otherwise your ct.

The point of the turrets is to soften you up or slow you down. They are placed everywhere and prevent lights from being able to accomplish their role as scout.

#11 JimboFBX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:22 PM

Here my highlander getting sniped by the turrets on the other side of the door. Note that I wasn't facing any turrets, they just auto aim at the slither of CT you have exposed.

A HIGHLANDER

You know when you play a game and then you die for a reason you have no idea why and it feels like the game cheats? Thats what these turrets are.

Posted Image

#12 Valdherre Tor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 363 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:07 PM

There also seems to be a glitch where the turrets can fire through walls. I managed to sneek into the back of the enemies base and hid behind a structure with my CT facing a wall, some how the turrets were hitting me. But hey beta problems I'm sure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users