Clan Wars Victory Conditions

6 replies to this topic

#1 Grantham Besat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:24 AM

Dear PGI I understand that you wish us to actually do battle and not zerg. I humbly sugest that you return the Omega genrator to its original hit point total and keep the armored gate in place. Remove the three new generators. Add a feature that states that upon the death of a defending mech you have a chance of gaining the code to unlock the Omega gate. You set it up so that the chance only becomes available after 24 defending mechs have died. You may then remove the defenders dropship and simply have them spawn from qn unarmed hanger. This would make defenders want to not die and stay inside the fortified area. It also forces the attacker to engage in mech on mech combat. You also completely remove the dropships firepower at Omega. Before someone attempts to defend with lights to try to run to avoid dying place capture points inside the Omega fortifications that have a feature that states the defenders must hold them to prevent the attackers drop ships from straffing the field (which would core hiding lights nicely) any feec back folks?

Edited by Grantham Besat, 19 December 2014 - 04:33 AM.

#2 zeves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:22 AM

that would make way to much sense to be implemented
didnt make much sense in the first place that defenders had drop ships.

Edited by zeves, 19 December 2014 - 04:25 AM.

#3 Darwins Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:43 AM

I'm not a fan of forcing any particular play style. While I'd like to see zerg rush be less prominent, I don't want to have to brawl. There should be choices, and the need to out think your opponent. Guess their strategy, and react accordingly.

Your version would give too much advantage to attackers (reducing base defenses, and adding dropship strafing). It also seems that the best strategy for the attackers wold be to fight until the generator is open, and then... rush it!

#4 Grantham Besat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:58 AM

View PostDarwins Dog, on 19 December 2014 - 04:43 AM, said:

I'm not a fan of forcing any particular play style. While I'd like to see zerg rush be less prominent, I don't want to have to brawl. There should be choices, and the need to out think your opponent. Guess their strategy, and react accordingly.

Your version would give too much advantage to attackers (reducing base defenses, and adding dropship strafing). It also seems that the best strategy for the attackers wold be to fight until the generator is open, and then... rush it!

Shurg they want a fight in the base I cant see a way to force it without doing what I proposed. I to also agree that they should never force a certain style on us ever,

#5 Felix7007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:16 AM

I support this

#6 Voivode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:22 AM

I think their (PGI's) idea will change things up a bit. I'm willing to give it a chance.

What I'd really like to see is something on the order of 8 or 9 objectives. Let there be a single *ultimate* objective that determines win/loss in a binary way (true or false condition, just like the Omega generator currently). The other 7 or 8 objectives are optional, but will have a direct impact on the fight. Things like a giant radar station that reveals all attacking players positions on the mini-map, a turret control station that coordinates all turret fire, etc. Make the maps large enough you won't be able to deathball the objectives like dominoes, nor will you have time to get them all. Choose the objectives you want to destroy, split up and kill them, then come together for a final assault on the *ultimate* objective.

A robo-jockey can dream....

#7 Fenris Ulfr

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:45 AM

This seems to be about the only way to force people to fight. make killing mechs required to win

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users