Low Fps In Mwo

44 replies to this topic

#41 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:30 PM

They also have a different mentality depending on the date and department. .NET used to not be cumulative (for instance, .Net 2.0 didn't contain the same stuff .Net 1.1 did at one point, but now .Net is cumulative, 4.5 contains 4.0 plus more).

It's really special.

#42 MadC4t

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:57 AM

my ping is between 100 - 115.
Thats normal in Germany.

#43 MadC4t

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:10 AM

I reinstalled MWO for a few weeks.
After this i have a few fps more, but its always low.

With the FPS Patches, it works a bit better ;)

Edited by MadC4t, 06 March 2015 - 08:10 AM.

#44 MadC4t

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:53 PM

Little Update:

My GTX 770 runs at F***ing 100% in CW... Can´t believe this...
Settings are the same as Goose.

#45 TK Romero

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:44 PM

May just be on my end, but I haven't had a great experience running MWO with the DX11 setting selected. It has improved over time, but DX9 runs smoother for me.

I run a 3750K at stock frequency with 8GB of RAM and a GTX 970. Have also played MWO with a GTX 580, GTX 660Ti, GTX 680, and now the GTX 970 with the same CPU, RAM, OS, and a 1920 x 1080 resolution.

I also run another system with an Intel 3350P also with 8GB of RAM and a GTX 750ti.

From my experience, key word is the 'my', DX11 puts a heavier load on the GPU to relieve some of the work from the CPU which may explain why your GPU is running at 100%. In DX9 I see loads being handled by both the GPU and CPU and can hear the fans kick up for each part when they are being worked for the task at hand.

I typically see with DX11 FPS starting at about 60FPS but move more into the mid 40's upper 30's when more stuff starts being added to the mix and intense action keeps it at about 30+FPS give or take. In DX9 FPS stays at about 50 FPS all the way through and only drops to the mid-high 40's when alot of smokestacks are floating around, but mainly in front of my mech.

I can't see much of a difference between DX9 and DX11 in terms of visual textures, but I don't pay that much attention to the nitty gritty fine details. I run all of my settings at max because I can under DX9 mode. I also experienced crashing with the 64-bit client after a reinstall of my OS that required some DirectX installers to fix. I don't remember which ones but I know it resolved the issues with the 64bit client.

Hope this helps.

*Tried the DX11 settings Goose put up from the screenshots for consistency. I'm seeing roughly 160 FPS idle and about average 100FPS moving and shooting. Lowest was about 80 with a point blank shot of AC rounds and SRMS. All done in the testing grounds on Crimson Straight. Difference in DX9 mode was 20+ FPS. I had also forgotten to say that the above previous info was run with VSync on and DX9 caps at 50FPS with it enabled. I still favor DX9 over DX11 for steady FPS even though with Vsync turned off I'm always above 60FPS.

Edited by TK Romero, 01 April 2015 - 10:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users