What Do You Think Of Cw Atk/def Games So Far?

10 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think of CW ATK/DEF so far (47 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think of CW ATK/DEF so far

1. IS player: Yes, IS players who complain just aren't getting it, and need to learn how to shoot better. (3 votes [6.38%])

Percentage of vote: 6.38%

2. IS player: Yes, Mostly working, just needs minor tweaking (e.g Less turrets, shave or raise a couple of hills for better sight) (4 votes [8.51%])

Percentage of vote: 8.51%

3. IS player: Yes it's working, but needs a fair bit of tweaking (E.g. Base layouts, more hiding structures, different attack paths.) (15 votes [31.91%])

Percentage of vote: 31.91%

4. IS player: No, Basic idea is there, but needs major tweaking. (E.g. Make it 2 Clan Stars vs 3 IS Lances) (8 votes [17.02%])

Percentage of vote: 17.02%

5. IS player: No, it needs complete re-working from ground up. (E.g. Attack vs Defense the way it is just isn't the way to go forward) (3 votes [6.38%])

6. Community Waiting? It's not bad. (4 votes [8.51%])

7. Clan Player: Yes, but it's always a ROFLSTOMP (Needs Major tweaking) (1 votes [2.13%])

Percentage of vote: 2.13%

8. Clan Player: Yes, needs minor tweaking (3 votes [6.38%])

9. Clan Player: Yes, but needs major tweaking (2 votes [4.26%])

Percentage of vote: 4.26%

10. Clan Player: No, needs major tweaking. (4 votes [8.51%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 DaManiac

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:35 AM

I've been really unhappy about how CW has been for IS players, and I personally don't feel that there can be any amount of minor tweaking that can fix it. I know I'm not the only IS player to feel that way.

I recently swapped to clans and it is a whole different game on the other side of the fence, It's so much easier playing defense, not to mention beneficial vantage points. Clan defense vs IS offense is just a joke IMO.

What do you guys think?

Edited by DaManiac, 19 December 2014 - 09:41 AM.

#2 Wolfwood592

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 505 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:40 AM

I personally find myself wondering why the 2 Stars vs. 3 Lances has not already been implemented. Seems like a great idea for me and in no way unfair to either side.

You are one of the few Clanners not fighting for more and attempting to make things more balanced so I commend you for the effort. I am sure most of your hardcore brethren are going to try and stomp on this post bc they want it to stay the way it is.

#3 Vandril

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 104 posts
  • LocationOuterspace

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:59 AM

Honestly as an IS player, beating down the Clans is no different than beating down IS. Teamwork.. teamwork... and more teamwork. You can see it on both sides, because when your enemy is not working together you stomp them. Even so, I've felt well matched against organized clanners with maybe a 40% win ratio, maybe 50% when attacking. And I am PUG in those drops.

#4 Felix7007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:06 AM

Need flanking options. Simple as that.

#5 DaManiac

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:13 AM

bump for more votes.

#6 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:25 AM

As an IS player the IS on Clan balance is about right & where it needs to be. All the "clanner" tactics are easily replicatable with various IS mechs.

Long range game? Bring 4-6ERLL Stalkers and gauss Jagers, with one or two LRM mechs if you feel gamey; problem solved. Fast-moving SRM boaters? PLENTY options available in the IS; the hunchback SP and several centurions come to mind.

The thing that I feel is imbalanced right now is map design.

Boreal needs to be left alone, it's good where it's at: a struggle to attack, but also a struggle to defend reliably, if the attackers have a focused strategy (ideally, a mixture of direct fire shooters and mass pushes, in my view). There's a place for just about every kind of build.

The other map though...all the problems with it were MAGNIFIED and *made worse* by the patch. What on earth the dev team were thinking when they decided to *ADD* 'brawling cover' (read: more routes for zerg pushes to safely take through the base), on top of effectively reducing 1 big base to a bunch of small, low-hp/easy to SRM-alpha-to-death targets, that were all placed RIGHT in the most common zerg-rush pathways...I really don't understand it, whatsoever.

All long-range type mechs are essentially useless there, with the vast majority of fighting occuring at 450m or less.

Makes me wonder how in-touch the team is with what's occuring in their game - maybe they ought to play it more often, a few games against Lord or 228 on that map would probably wisen them up.

Edited by Telmasa, 20 December 2014 - 11:28 AM.

#7 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:00 PM

View PostWolfwood592, on 19 December 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

I personally find myself wondering why the 2 Stars vs. 3 Lances has not already been implemented. Seems like a great idea for me and in no way unfair to either side.

You are one of the few Clanners not fighting for more and attempting to make things more balanced so I commend you for the effort. I am sure most of your hardcore brethren are going to try and stomp on this post bc they want it to stay the way it is.

Because Clan mechs aren't superior to IS mechs anymore.

Tell you what, lets roll back the Clan nerfs, change Clan weapons to reflect true TT values and make omnimechs actually be fully customizable in regards to TT construction rules, then lets talk about giving the IS mechs more numbers in a given battle.

#8 Kylian Winters

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:05 PM

I've enjoyed it a lot. It'll of course need tweaking, and people will grow accustom to certain strategies that seem OP and develop counters. I am kind of excited to see what the next iteration brings.

#9 Batch1972

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:31 PM

As a PUG fill-in, I've played about a dozen+ matches. At first there was a novelty factor but now I'm not prepared to wait 25+ mins for a game.
As for the maps, I can't help but think they were thrown together which is disappointing when you consider how long they have had. 2 maps, exactly the same attack/defend concept. No balance with defense having turret & cover. Problem is compounded with PUGs lacking any form of co-ordination. The patch has made Boreal even worse for attackers. Why is it that when I click on defend I end up attacking...
Couldn't even get the map/lore right - Tamar is one of the founding worlds of the Lyran Commonwealth.. never been anything other than Lyran until the Wolf conquered it...

Edited by Batch1972, 20 December 2014 - 05:39 PM.

#10 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:45 PM

haven't been in attacks since the revamp IS can def against clan so thats go problem until I try an attack I've no coment on the matter

#11 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:01 PM

Rushing wins hands down, there really is no other way. Doesnt matter all too much if IS or Clan, as long as players agree to push together. At least attackers get to choose where to fight, defenders are lucky now if they get to use more then one mech before the round ends.

Edited by G SE7EN7, 20 December 2014 - 06:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users