General

1 reply to this topic

#1 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:22 AM

As of right now, the only benefit of playing early on in the cycle is you "might" get your unit's tag on the planet name. Other than that, there's no point in playing >3hrs out from the end of the cycle, with the winning faction for a planet generally decided in the last few hours of play, all the other 21hrs of the cycle having next to no impact on the final outcome of a planet.

On the other hand, we don't necessarily want planets flipping more often, so how do we create an incentive for those that play overseas and during non-peak hours to feel like they're contributing something?

I think planets should be able to have more battles. We've seen 11 attacker wins is relatively easy to achieve. Perhaps up it by another 6 to start off, with 17 possible wins, and the controlling amount becoming 9? This would (at the very least) push back the, "crunch time," an hour or two, but IMO still wouldn't solve the issue of early cycle matches not really having any impact on the final result.

Note, this isn't really a complaint, I just think it's silly how most people seem to ignore any serious CW playing until the last 2-3hrs of a cycle. How do we help our off-peak hour players have more of an impact on CW?

#2 Phlinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 595 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:28 AM

8 or 12 Hour cycles. I know it sounds like it would speed things up, and it would. But, it would give EU players something to strive for and it would call for a total CW map reset around once or twice a year. Call them seasons and Award factions at the end of each season based on their performance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users