ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:55 PM

View PostTLBFestus, on 19 December 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

When you consider thier track record over the previous 2 years, it's spectacular. If you compare it against almost anything else, it's OK. Especially when you take into account things that they were working on before the split with IGP.

For now I will take the point the OP is trying to make, "It's better".

well, that's something, yeah? lol

#22 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:16 PM

I don't understand IGP's motivation in this. Does anyone know why were they blocking releases?

#23 Col Jaime Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:48 PM

from what i gathered igp wanted MWO to be a pure money making machine everything else be damned (mc consumables anyone? does anyone even use them?) like most online games all they could see were dollar signs. what it really comes down to is "do we need a publisher?" if you ask valve then no but valve has become a publisher in its own right with steam.

transverse was a pgi idea and a bad one at that. i hope they put all that $# behind them and just concentrate on making MWO better in every way. more maps more mechs more gameplay modes, more weapons est.

is a nice list tho thanks op

#24 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:52 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 19 December 2014 - 11:04 AM, said:

@Roland

For three months of work (mid September to mid December), I'm absolutely serious. They've been getting after it compared to the 9 months before that and dealing with IGP nonsense.

In short, in the town hall where the general message was that IGP was obstructing development and delivery of MWO pieces, they apparently were. Once that weight was shed, there has basically been a new PGI that has emerged. Is there still a road in front of them to flush stuff out and deliver more, sure. Is it worth acknowledging that they've made massive positive steps since doing so, yes.

I'm sure transverse had nothing to do with their change.

View PostKraven Kor, on 19 December 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

Was Transverse a PGI thing, or an IGP thing?

Eh, what can ya' do.

It was a Bryan thing.

PGI and KNOWN QUALITIES already knew IGP were going bust way before it became public. Amazing, I know.

#25 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:24 PM

They've done a lot better than the past two years. Tournements,challenges, win free stuff etc. I even folded and got spend happy the past few weeks getting the hero locust and a few war horns.

#26 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:27 PM

View PostSerial Peacemaker, on 19 December 2014 - 07:16 PM, said:

I don't understand IGP's motivation in this. Does anyone know why were they blocking releases?

It wasn't a direct money maker. Now, they've allowed PGI to develop other mid-level features that weren't direct moneymakers, but as for a big one like CW, I can imagine them being hesitant. Bean-counters aren't too keen on "goodwill money".

#27 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:28 PM

View PostRoland, on 19 December 2014 - 10:59 AM, said:

This list isn't exactly flattering, so I'm not sure if this is intended as a troll thread, or sarcastic.

that's exactly how I feel every time I see a post of yours.

#28 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:29 PM

View PostRG Notch, on 19 December 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:

This is also the list of "accomplishments" since Transverse tanked and burned. Pretty sure that is the impetus as opposed to the IGP scapegoat. I mean progress, such that it is, is progress, but I think it's silly to say that the separation from IGP is the only event that occured prior to these changes to use as a barometer.

You have no proof of that, and no way to obtain said proof.

The dropships were being modeled as early as April. We glimpsed them in a VLOG. And given that unit creation and private lobbies were a necessary step to CW...

Seriously, you guys are on more and more of an island with each passing day. There's a difference between holding a company accountable and being grinches.

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 19 December 2014 - 08:30 PM.

#29 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:31 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 19 December 2014 - 07:52 PM, said:

I'm sure transverse had nothing to do with their change.

agreed. transverse had nothing to do with their change.

#30 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:40 PM

Big Tin Man, you overlooked the first major thing, that had us all wondering whether even more good things were to come: The Anniversary Program.

So much goodwill and free stuff was madness!

#31 ZippySpeedMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 356 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Dropship Earth

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:11 PM

I must admit PGI's implementation of the game since the change both current, and future has seen a marked uptick in quality..

Now if only they'd show a little more love towards us Founders, for having faith in them from the beginning...

(I'm thinking maybe a discount on all current and future packages, but I then might be a little biased in this regard for some strange reason)

#32 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:38 AM

View PostKevjack, on 19 December 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

Big Tin Man, you overlooked the first major thing, that had us all wondering whether even more good things were to come: The Anniversary Program.

So much goodwill and free stuff was madness!

Well, overloooked yes, but not truly a technical achievement in developing the game, and it doesn't truly belong on that list. It's also why I left off the surge in tournaments.

#33 PawPaWuFF

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 05:05 AM

just popped in to grab some stocking stuffers. mwo turning a new leaf? ok but i wont be happy till i get a coop/solo player shoot at AI option to rank up my mechs and earn cbills. ill probably just go back to warframe, so we have nodes to fight over now? and factions with sub clans to join? ok, too bad my only interaction with other players is during a live fire or ready up screen rolling my eyes at whats posted. i supposed to find a group on the forum or something? surely theres a global chat? faction chat? hmm a contract... dont think im ready to be comiting to anything just yet

#34 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 27 December 2014 - 05:12 AM

I started to spend money again but still don't feel completely comfortable doing so. So its a bit of a plus but not going to line up and post/make threads gushing over what is way late. A few more months of progress may change that.

And the Steam thing makes me nervous as hell. They change direction like the wind and treat us like mushrooms still. Just better quality manure.

#35 Cygone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 454 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 December 2014 - 05:53 AM

Loki was also released early.

#36 Creovex

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:17 AM

Don't forget all the challenges, sales and more freebies then the previous 2 years.

Edited by Creovex, 27 December 2014 - 06:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users