We Are Giving You A Chance To Earn 25 Gifts Per Game Mode.

68 replies to this topic

#1 KraftySOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:44 AM

Didnt notice the fine print...

Thats pretty cheesy. A two week long christmas event that promises to give out less than the weekend halloween event.

Either PGI got a little grubby with the pass'em'outs (I guess realizing people could easily get a dozen mechbays) or theyre pagans, and just enjoy Halloween more.

Which is fine.

But still.

Would have been nice to just be wide open. Getting 14 of yer 25 as tricks or coal or whatever it is based on an RNG is pretty lame.

Some unlucky sap wont get anything useful for all 25 of his games. Some other guy will get 1000 MC and 4 mechbays. Because RNG.

I realize some of us with an abnormal amount of time ( I was one of the 1000 MC, 4 mechbays from the halloween event guys with 120 something qualifying matches) would really rake in stuff for christmas...

But youre punishing the low end, to curb the top end.

Whats worse, forking over alot of stuff to the very small percentage of us who are already space rich at the top end, or further dampening the chances of casuals ever becoming space rich.

#2 Nostromodamus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:46 AM

They could just NOT give us any free things or run entertaining events, would that make you happy?

It is what it is.

Getting free stuff and then complaining that you're not getting as much free stuff as you'd like is the mark of a spoiled child.

#3 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:47 AM

So...50 total?

Not seeing a problem if that's the case.

#4 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

PS:

I am aware that its 100 total possible games. But thats not how thats going to work out.

All of us 1%ers will play until we get every possible prize available. 100 matches worth.

For the 40% or so at the bottom, theyll play their favorite mode, and top out at 25. Which is pretty...low...for a two week long challenge.

#5 DEN_Ninja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

View PostCelticCross, on 19 December 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

They could just NOT give us any free things or run entertaining events, would that make you happy?

It is what it is.

Getting free stuff and then complaining that you're not getting as much free stuff as you'd like is the mark of a spoiled child.

They are exploiting my greatest weakness. Free Stuff.

#pgipls #evil

#6 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:49 AM

View PostCelticCross, on 19 December 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

It is what it is.

To be fair, im complaining for others, not for myself.

Ill play 240 matches, assuring my 100 wins for prize pulls, by monday. No big deal. I dont care, im already space rich. Its just icing on the cake and a thank you from PGI.

To some kid, college or otherwise, it would have been nice for this event to just mirror the halloween one even in its length, to let those guys get their come uppins.

Theyre never going to get space rich this way.

#7 girl on fire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:50 AM

Christmas IS a pagan tradition.

#8 Blakkstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 249 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:51 AM

View PostKraftySOT, on 19 December 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

For the 40% or so at the bottom, theyll play their favorite mode, and top out at 25. Which is pretty...low...for a two week long challenge.

Why is it PGI's problem if people can't read and only play one mode, getting less free stuff than they otherwise would have.

Good god #firstworldproblems.

If you're getting this upset about free virtual items in an online game, go shovel your neighbors driveway and donate the $20 to charity, please.

#9 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:54 AM

Customer retention.

Space rich will always be here. Theyll always spend money. Youre not hurting yourself throwing things at them.

Its the space poor you need to shovel stuff to so they keep playing well into next year.

#10 girl on fire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:56 AM

Also I don't get why you people get all outraged because people complain. Do you think your lecture is going to change that? Can't you see that responding to it in a condescending manner is counter productive to the goal (I assume) you are trying to achieve? If you want the complaining to go away then ignore it. As soon as people get all dismissive it just fans the flames of discontent and gives those who are discontented something to respond to.

Edited by girl on fire, 19 December 2014 - 11:56 AM.

#11 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:57 AM

View PostKraftySOT, on 19 December 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

To be fair, im complaining for others, not for myself.

Ill play 240 matches, assuring my 100 wins for prize pulls, by monday. No big deal. I dont care, im already space rich. Its just icing on the cake and a thank you from PGI.

To some kid, college or otherwise, it would have been nice for this event to just mirror the halloween one even in its length, to let those guys get their come uppins.

Theyre never going to get space rich this way.

and what those named people will probably anayways not get the 100. the event is soemthing to give somthing out for free and encourage people playign the game.

those like you who addict the game all day willl anyways play. So its a goody for the not so often playing people, and they will mostlikely not fill the 100 at all.

#12 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:59 AM

Well in all honesty, it's probably gonna take you 2 weeks just do 25 CW matches :lol:

#13 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:01 PM

And again im not outraged. Im not frothing at the mouth or even mildly angry about it.

Its just an observation.

A better option would have been putting a hardcap on the number of each item you can get, rather than the number of pulls.

#14 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:03 PM

Wait, they mention "other gamemodes"
Does this mean 100 prizes?

#15 Tangelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:06 PM

It's 100 prizes all together, and they are free. Go team!

#16 occusoj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 452 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:06 PM

Does this mean 100 prizes?

Yes it does. You can win 100 prizes.

I, as space poor, see no reaseon to complain about that.

#17 Nostromodamus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:08 PM

View PostTangelis, on 19 December 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

It's 100 prizes all together, and they are free. Go team!

Yes! How dare PGI limit them to 100?!?!? Think of the children!

#18 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

Again im not complaining about free stuff, im complaining about the Marxist rather than Malthusian approach to curbing space rich people with tons of time, getting hoards of stuff.

Rather than punish both ends of the spectrum and equalize them, as this does, just do something that only effects the people with an abnormal amount of time (of which im one of) and keeps us from getting way to much stuff, while still handing out plenty of freebies to all the space poor.

More stuff for space poor, means more chance theyll stick around and not be terrible, have enough radar derps and mechbays to participate with mastered mechs in CW. Means more people for me to shoot at.

#19 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:18 PM

View PostKraftySOT, on 19 December 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

Again im not complaining about free stuff, im complaining about the Marxist rather than Malthusian approach to curbing space rich people with tons of time, getting hoards of stuff.

Rather than punish both ends of the spectrum and equalize them, as this does, just do something that only effects the people with an abnormal amount of time (of which im one of) and keeps us from getting way to much stuff, while still handing out plenty of freebies to all the space poor.

More stuff for space poor, means more chance theyll stick around and not be terrible, have enough radar derps and mechbays to participate with mastered mechs in CW. Means more people for me to shoot at.

Man can you just stop complaining about free stuff already?

:ph34r: :P

#20 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:21 PM

This is a weekend event, spread out over the holidays - because, you know - the holidays.

How many people said they were upset with the events and challenges because they could not play during those limited time windows?

PGI is giving us exactly what we asked for - ever so attentive to the needs of the users.

Would any other company do that? I don't think so -

Any other company would just charge you double for half the service and give you a lump of coal for Xmas.

A Lump of Coal.

36 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 36 guests, 0 anonymous users