We Are Giving You A Chance To Earn 25 Gifts Per Game Mode.

68 replies to this topic

#41 Weltenfeuer

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:02 PM

I just got my first gift:

Naughty: 1 Flamer

Thinking its super awesome :D

#42 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:09 PM

I loathe Skirmish, and don't really care for the nonsense that is Conquest. That said, I don't care whatsoever that other people might get more "Free Stuff" than me for playing those modes. If the free rewards mean that much to an individual, then they will play the modes they don't like in order to get them. As I have just to shorten the queue times in previous giveaways.

#43 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:05 PM

View PostKraftySOT, on 19 December 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

PS:

I am aware that its 100 total possible games. But thats not how thats going to work out.

All of us 1%ers will play until we get every possible prize available. 100 matches worth.

For the 40% or so at the bottom, theyll play their favorite mode, and top out at 25. Which is pretty...low...for a two week long challenge.

so that would be their fault for staying in their "comfort" mode, wouldn't it?

That would be like me giving away free stuff, and you just have to come and get it, and you complaining that I am not giving it to you AND delivering it, free, too. Then when I tell you my buddies, Tom, Richard and Jane all have free stuff oo, you complain they didn't bring all THEIR free stuff to my house to make it easier for you to get all the free stuff.

It's pretty simple. You want the easy free shots at grab bag, play the game. If you want more shots, well, play the different modes. It's not like qualifying is hard. Heck, some of them "bottom 40%" might even discover that they like a different game mode.

But hey, since you are not worried about yourself, as a "1%er", it's mighty nice of you to take up the cause of the little people. :rolleyes: ;)

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 19 December 2014 - 07:14 PM.

#44 Kaspirikay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:10 PM

people will complain about ******* anything

#45 Utilyan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:18 PM

I've been playing mostly invasions won some......but I get no grab bag. I played one skirmish that one gave me a grab bag.

Lesson? Screw trying to "win" CW fight, kill as many mechs as you can to collect the 80 pts because it could earn you some MC! :D

Is that right? .............sooooo tempting. :ph34r:

#46 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:41 PM

View PostUtilyan, on 19 December 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

I've been playing mostly invasions won some......but I get no grab bag. I played one skirmish that one gave me a grab bag.

Lesson? Screw trying to "win" CW fight, kill as many mechs as you can to collect the 80 pts because it could earn you some MC! :D

Is that right? .............sooooo tempting. :ph34r:

if you don't score 80 pts on a win in INvasion, you doing something really wrong in your 6 flamer HBK bro....

#47 Big Bertha 00

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 78 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:24 PM

How can you complain about this? So you're getting a bunch of freebies, but maybe not all of the exact freebies you demand?

#48 Utilyan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:25 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 19 December 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:

if you don't score 80 pts on a win in INvasion, you doing something really wrong in your 6 flamer HBK bro....

They gave me "Premium Time: 1 Day Active Premium Time". :lol:

#49 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:22 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 19 December 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:

Actually, all it takes is doing a rush when attacking and winning while dealing minimal casualties to the defenders.

#50 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:34 AM

Sorry, but I can't believe this thread is a thing.

It's a cool free gift event that gives you free things. I've received some small amount of MC (something I thought they would never give away), UAVs, Air Strikes, C-Bills and the greatest of all...2 mechbays!

I even got a couple of MLasers lol.

Its a fun event and a treat to go to the website and see what you unlock.

They only bummer is CW is so hard for me to play right now (time, libby times, and frame rate :/), but 75 chances is more than great IMO (well 76, I got one CW match in there).

I'm about half way there now, hopefully I can finish up before the 2nd.

In any case, I just can't see why people are complaining and being ungrateful. It is a good event with good prizes and a match score almost impossible to miss (unless you disco or you and your team play REALLY bad).

I guess some people like to complain about anything.

#51 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:40 AM

View PostKraftySOT, on 19 December 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

PS:

I am aware that its 100 total possible games. But thats not how thats going to work out.

All of us 1%ers will play until we get every possible prize available. 100 matches worth.

For the 40% or so at the bottom, theyll play their favorite mode, and top out at 25. Which is pretty...low...for a two week long challenge.

Ummm ... they gave everyone a week of premium time for free.

AND .. they have this contest which is 25 / game mode. Most folks will play the other game modes just for the prizes ... so probably up to 75 for everyone who doesn't have the time for CW.

Seems decent to me ... and capping it at 100 gives everyone a chance to play lots and win some.

#52 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:43 AM

View PostKraftySOT, on 19 December 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

Again im not complaining about free stuff, im complaining about the Marxist rather than Malthusian approach to curbing space rich people with tons of time, getting hoards of stuff.

Rather than punish both ends of the spectrum and equalize them, as this does, just do something that only effects the people with an abnormal amount of time (of which im one of) and keeps us from getting way to much stuff, while still handing out plenty of freebies to all the space poor.

More stuff for space poor, means more chance theyll stick around and not be terrible, have enough radar derps and mechbays to participate with mastered mechs in CW. Means more people for me to shoot at.

Its supposed to be a challenge to get the free stuff. Otherwsie we haven't earned it. When has PGI just given us something for free? We had to do something to receive everything we were given. The Atlas-S I got was for me doing something, So was the Centurion. Nothings free.

#53 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:26 AM

View PostScratx, on 23 December 2014 - 06:22 AM, said:

Actually, all it takes is doing a rush when attacking and winning while dealing minimal casualties to the defenders.

which goes back to my point of "you're doing something wrong".

Pretty sure MWO is not a racing game.......
;)

#54 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:31 AM

My only complaint is over the 25 games tied to CW. I don't really enjoy CW at the moment, mainly because I'm not in a unit, and usually just drop in with random pugs. Needless to say, no matter how hard I carry, I can't win on my own.

I know the usual answer is, "join a unit." But I'm not sure who I want to join. Some have too many rules and require lots of time dedication, (I have a real life, time demanding job) some are non-competive. I want something in between, so I'm in MWO Limbo, forever to be tortured with dreams of having a stable team.

But I digress. I'm sure I can fit 25 CW games in before the 2nd, because it only takes a day or two for me to get the 25 for each of the others.

Either way, thanks for the event PGI, and for giving us the time to complete it! 2 weeks is very generous, and makes this a low stress event to get all the stuff.

#55 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:53 AM

Wow someone had to perform some thread necromancy.

Again most people missed the point of this.

I totally understand the need to limit the amount of "stuff" handed out (because frankly the halloween event gave out to much free stuff™ ) I was simply saying that instead of 30 match score and really low hanging fruit, but less total fruit, why not simply put a hard cap on "stuff" and continue with it being a "challenge"

I agree with Joe...a challenge should be...at least somewhat challenging. Halloween event you had to win the match in addition to getting X number of points. But it was open ended. That led to people like me getting way to much Free Stuff™.

Im not complaining about free stuff, if anything im complaining that I got way to much free stuff and I empathize with how PGI set up this tournament.

Im just saying you could have handled it a slightly different way.

I dont see that as whining about free stuff.

Edited by KraftySOT, 23 December 2014 - 10:54 AM.

#56 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:08 PM

View Postgirl on fire, on 19 December 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

Also I don't get why you people get all outraged because people complain. Do you think your lecture is going to change that? Can't you see that responding to it in a condescending manner is counter productive to the goal (I assume) you are trying to achieve? If you want the complaining to go away then ignore it. As soon as people get all dismissive it just fans the flames of discontent and gives those who are discontented something to respond to.

What do you want? To outright kill the Forums girl. Geeze. Come on... LOL

#57 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

View PostWeltenfeuer, on 19 December 2014 - 04:02 PM, said:

I just got my first gift:

Thinking its super awesome :D

Your absolutely correct. Sadly, my 4th Flamer pulled brought that "awesome" down to a "simmer". LOL ;)

#58 salkeee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 173 posts
  • LocationTree House

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:14 PM

I m happy with this event and I like that we all have same chance to earn same amount of rewards and that we have time to finishish and collect all rewards no time pressure.

That halloween event was good but man if I went sleep and didnt play it felt lika a loss.

#59 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:21 PM

View PostBig Bertha 00, on 19 December 2014 - 07:24 PM, said:

How can you complain about this? So you're getting a bunch of freebies, but maybe not all of the exact freebies you demand?

Look! If they can't get the FREE stuff that they want, there is obviously some form of Marxist based gov't Conspiracy going on and they ain't having none of it. Go it! :)

What PGI needs to do is have one Stocking Stuffer be a FREE "TINFOIL HAT" and then take an unseen sum of $50 C-Bills from your bank. LOL! ;)

#60 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:22 PM

I'm almost half done already and still no Mechbay. :( Not that I really need more Mechbays (have 107 with 6 available) but it's the only award I haven't seen yet.

Only 1 Naughty - a flamer - so apparently I've been a good little MechWarrior. :)

The premium time is nice (2 so far). I activated a month back near the beginning of December so this plus the holiday gift will carry me easily through the new year. Then back to work, so no real need to have it running.

Left the snow globe in the Artic Fox that won it.

Lots of c-bills and MC. Decent amount of GXP that I don't really need, but certainly won't complain about getting. I use GXP to unlock the non-Prime variants so that I can just play the Primes and collect the 30% c-bill bonus.

I need to dive into Conquest this week to get those 25 awards. I doubt I'll get the Invasion awards... just takes too long to get a match.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users