Cw You Are Joking Right?

257 replies to this topic

#1 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:03 PM

12 mans can slaughter PUG's again ... hooray !
Is this what CW was all about ? Certainly feels that way . Still it's only redeeming feature is longer battle time and multiple drops ... other than that it is quite boring and gets very old very fast . 2 years and this is what is on offer?

#2 Felix7007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:04 PM

Why do people insist on penalizing cooperation in a multiplayer game?

#3 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:07 PM

Yeah... why don't we just remove the ability to form groups. Everyone should be a solo pug player because you can't find any friends. Why don't we just remove in-game chat and ban the use of VOIP for communications also? Actually lets just make this game 1v1 and forget about teams. -___-

Edited by pwnface, 19 December 2014 - 01:08 PM.

#4 Splitpin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationNoo Zeelund

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:08 PM

You may remember PGI's original vision was unit v's unit and 12 mans at that. The community went waaaaa 'what about us solo players', PGI had a rethink, and rightly IMHO decided that this was to be Community Warfare and solo and small groups should not be left out. So this is Community Warfare, NOT Clan Warfare. It should encourage many solo players to join units and that'd be a good thing.

#5 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:08 PM

View PostFelix7007, on 19 December 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

Some people just want everything catered specifically to them.

CW is great thus far IMO

#6 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:09 PM

View Postztac, on 19 December 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

12 mans can slaughter PUG's again ... hooray !
Is this what CW was all about ? Certainly feels that way . Still it's only redeeming feature is longer battle time and multiple drops ... other than that it is quite boring and gets very old very fast . 2 years and this is what is on offer?

View PostFelix7007, on 19 December 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

This.
Although I feel your pain, Smaller groups have no means of communicating outside of playing musical teamspeak or typing 75wpm.

The problem isn't that fact that the big bad twelve mans are coordinating and stomping.

The problem is when the smaller groups do can not.

Edited by Sadist Cain, 26 December 2014 - 09:10 AM.

#7 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:12 PM

View PostSplitpin, on 19 December 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

You may remember PGI's original vision was unit v's unit and 12 mans at that. The community went waaaaa 'what about us solo players', PGI had a rethink, and rightly IMHO decided that this was to be Community Warfare and solo and small groups should not be left out. So this is Community Warfare, NOT Clan Warfare. It should encourage many solo players to join units and that'd be a good thing.

We've gotten like 8 applicants in the past week, it is pretty exciting times to see so many people interested in CW.

As far as solo players in CW, PLEASE think about joining a group if you want to do CW drops. Having a team to work with is much more rewarding than playing matches with strangers.

#8 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:13 PM

Don't think of yourself as a PUG player in CW. Think of yourself as a smarter NPC. ;)

#9 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:14 PM

View PostSadist Cain, on 19 December 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

This.
Although I feel your pain, Smaller groups have no means of communicating outside of playing musical teamspeak or typing 75wpm.

The problem isn't that fact that the big bad twelve mans are coordinating and stomping.

The problem is when the smaller groups do not.

In game VOIP would go quite a ways to bridge this gap, however most units play together and even practice together regularly. Chances are a random group of 12 in comms will still have a difficult time beating an organized team who know each others strengths and weaknesses and have practiced running specific tactics together.

#10 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:14 PM

View Postpwnface, on 19 December 2014 - 01:12 PM, said:

As far as solo players in CW, PLEASE think about joining a group if you want to do CW drops. Having a team to work with is much more rewarding than playing matches with strangers.

Strangers have candy. Would you like candy? ;)

Every unit has candy...

#11 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:16 PM

View PostRhaythe, on 19 December 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

Don't think of yourself as a PUG player in CW. Think of yourself as a smarter NPC. ;)

Fixed that for you :P

#12 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:18 PM

Yes this is what it is about. For what i have seen the 12 man teams have no problems with it. They dont even want to fight other teams they want simple easy battles.

They really get off when they can start killing you at the spawn points they love this.

#13 Master Pain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:20 PM

CW is supposed to be hard mode. If you don't want to fight against 12 man teams. Just do regular drops instead. Though they really need to ad voip to this game, it would alleviate alot of the complaints about 12 man groups.

#14 Averen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:29 PM

View PostMaster Pain, on 19 December 2014 - 01:20 PM, said:

CW is supposed to be hard mode. If you don't want to fight against 12 man teams. Just do regular drops instead. Though they really need to ad voip to this game, it would alleviate alot of the complaints about 12 man groups.

Save us that silly hypocrisy. Hardmode? This thread is about 12 man teams having the easiest time of their life.

#15 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Agree to some level.

The thing is right now, being dropped in a PUG vs. a 12-man isn't really a sane form of "hard mode." It's more like playing a Grandmaster in chess - which could be an awesome fight and something to tell your friends about... but you don't get to have a Queen and he does.... which makes the whole thing pointless from the start.

The hard-mode aspect - at least I understand it - is supposed to consist of playing with and against very good players who truly understand the game and, through skill and teamwork, make as many matches as possible brutal battles and nail-bitters down to the finish. The types of games where you truly salute your foes - win or lose - because it was just that good a fight.

None of the above happens when randomized PUG "teams" get steamrolled by 12-mans.

Again, I'm NOT saying nerf anything, be it team-work, clans, etc. But there ought to be some sort of balancing system in place to minimize what amount to pointless auto-losses by uncoordinated PUGs vs. real teams in CW.

Maybe give them a higher payout just for being brave (or foolish) enough to take on such a challenge?

Just tossing ideas... but again, no nerfing of coms, teamwork, etc.

Edited by oldradagast, 19 December 2014 - 01:30 PM.

#16 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

For what i can tell is GGclose mode. Hard for one side super easy for the other.

#17 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:31 PM

My 3-Man team and a buncha PUGs gave [UNIT REDACTED] a spanking on Lambrecht a few nights back. Try shooting them. It helps.

Edited by Rhaythe, 19 December 2014 - 01:31 PM.

#18 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:34 PM

I don't really want voip added to be honest. There's far better things PGI could be working on and I don't want to be forced to listen to 12 year old whine in order to communicate with my team. This isn't x-box live and I like it. If people want to use voip, teamspeak, mumble, etc... all work great and it really isn't that hard to use. It takes about 4 minutes to setup (20 if you actually read the user agreement), and 5 to get your mic settings right and then your good to go.

#19 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:37 PM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 19 December 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

I don't really want voip added to be honest. There's far better things PGI could be working on and I don't want to be forced to listen to 12 year old whine in order to communicate with my team. This isn't x-box live and I like it. If people want to use voip, teamspeak, mumble, etc... all work great and it really isn't that hard to use. It takes about 4 minutes to setup (20 if you actually read the user agreement), and 5 to get your mic settings right and then your good to go.

Given what goes on these forums, I'd hate to have to listen to some of those people in real life... lol!

Valid points - Heck, I'd just be happy with obvious links in game, in the tutorials, etc. that would direct people to where they can get VoIP tools.

Toss in some better ways to get text messages out to the team - hot-keyed commands, etc. - and it would be a nice step up from the current silliness of typing messages while hoping not to get shot!

#20 Master Pain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:42 PM

12 man groups havent been giving me any trouble in IS vs IS matches. I have been solo the entire time. The only time i have got smacked by a 12 man has been when i fought against ridiculous clan mechs. If pgi had voip in the game, alot of the advantage 12 man groups have would go away. Every game that has voip has the ability to mute the *******. you will not be forced to listen to the idiots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users