About Community Warfare: If You Are Not In It To Cooperate With Your Team, And Want To Play Cod Rambo: Cw Is Not For You

28 replies to this topic

#1 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:03 PM

Not trying to sound too much like a jerk..... but I have noticed one commonality in almost every CW loss I have been in: Large portions of the team playing like PUGs running around and doing their own thing, chasing squirrels and neutered mechs for their stats......

Instead of working with the rest of the team. And yes, in every instance, people tried to take charge and gave good, even if basic commands. Players just chose not to listen.

And in every case, LOST.

Yes, I lost some others, but they were at least competitive.

It's really this simple: Pugs, small groups, etc are welcome, but if you are just interested in being a solo hero Rambo: CW is not for you. It takes too long to get in match, to be screwed up by selfish play.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 18 December 2014 - 07:17 PM.

#2 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:21 PM

I have only did like 15 games but i haven't seen this. Every pug battle we had our IS side did out best to come up with a plan to attack the Clans. I don't think i saw one person who didn't try. Of course i have yet to win a Is V clan attack mode.

#3 Squirtbox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:22 PM

This also is true for people being timid and hiding because they don't want to lose their mechs even if the enemy is in a much worse condition.

#4 darkkterror

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:23 PM

But...but...think of all the extra C-Bills you get for taking out the enemy Mechs even if you lose the match :o

#5 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:25 PM

Seen a few battles where this has happened. Not a lot, but a few. I think we'll see less of this as CW goes on, hopefully the playerbase has more fun actually playing the full game than playing the stats game.

#6 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:28 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 18 December 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:

I have only did like 15 games but i haven't seen this. Every pug battle we had our IS side did out best to come up with a plan to attack the Clans. I don't think i saw one person who didn't try. Of course i have yet to win a Is V clan attack mode.

got 20 IS matches, and 5 Clan Matches. Have won 12 of my IS matches, 9 of them in mixed drops. 8 Were Defense. Of the 8 losses, on at least 6 of them, we had at least one lance that decided to do their own thing.

Only lost 1 of the 5 in Clan Matches, against a darn good push from the IS.

View PostLord Ikka, on 18 December 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

Seen a few battles where this has happened. Not a lot, but a few. I think we'll see less of this as CW goes on, hopefully the playerbase has more fun actually playing the full game than playing the stats game.

Especially sill ATM..as right now, the CW stats don't count on the oh so precious Epeen Scorecard.

#7 Flaming oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:28 PM

I've played this mode once , And it came across to me like let the pug Is mechs walk into the Premade clan slaughter hose. Not very appealing to me that's the reason for your wait times.

And honestly a fundamental issue if you ask me.

Welcome to the game please enjoy our flagship release Community warfare get a few prizes. Disclaimer you will be almost certainly slaughtered in a fight you etered with little to no chance of winning. Please continue to play the game.

#8 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:29 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 18 December 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

I wonder , I see people getting bored and starting to play on their own again. I mean pug games i bring mechs without armor to boat tons of lrms or tun a dire star around because i get bored. I can see this happening to CW if all we have is a few modes and the best we can hope for is a rush.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 18 December 2014 - 07:29 PM.

#9 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:30 PM

View PostFlaming oblivion, on 18 December 2014 - 07:28 PM, said:

I've played this mode once , And it came across to me like let the pug Is mechs walk into the Premade clan slaughter hose. Not very appealing to me that's the reason for your wait times.

Welcome to the game please enjoy our flagship release Community warfare get a few prizes. Disclaimer you will be almost certainly slaughtered in a fight you etered with little to no chance of winning. Please continue to play the game.

Odd, since I have won 9 PUG/Mixed unit IS Drops.

Perhaps basing one's opinion off a single match would be....premature?

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 18 December 2014 - 07:30 PM.

#10 Flaming oblivion

• The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:31 PM

And yet the CW wait time is far far worse then the pug que, Wonder who the unwashed masses agree with?

#11 Piney II

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:32 PM

I truly hope that the KDR warrior dies a sad and lonely death in CW. Very shortly, this game won't be about individual stats.

#12 Puresin

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:44 PM

mwuhahaha, i love this CW, it's like the books come to life, cept the rushing thing. I find that out of every 5 matches I have 3 or 4 wins and usually one loss. sometimes not. the losses come from being on defense and the enemy employing the 12 lights rush the base strat. I even had one game where the enemy rushed with 12 atlas's. it was f'n awesome. all in all. yeah the new CW's is a bit buggy. but ever since it launched I only play reg games when i can't get a game in CW. I used to hate PGI. now meh. they got this right, now just hurry up and get more maps, and more people in here......etc etc. but other than that, like it love it, can't wait to stomp your @$$ all over the place on it

#13 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:48 PM

View PostFlaming oblivion, on 18 December 2014 - 07:31 PM, said:

And yet the CW wait time is far far worse then the pug que, Wonder who the unwashed masses agree with?

Have you bothered to figure out WHY the waits are long? Because no one knows which planet needs how many people. Which is supposed to be fixed in tonights patch. Find the right planet and bang, I'm in like flynn. Have only 3-4 times had to wait more than 5 minutes, and mso matches, a lot less.

And most of those impatient, can't bother to read the forums, ADHDWarriors are probably the very players my title talks about.

Next?

(BTW; sorry if I am coming across crusty, just ....there is a lot of different things that too many people are giving 2D answers to)

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 18 December 2014 - 08:14 PM.

#14 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:50 PM

How for long is patch tiem

#15 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:53 PM

View PostCaptain Stiffy, on 18 December 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

How for long is patch tiem

not far enough. Supposed to be a relatively big one, I thought? So tonight is pretty much boned for me.

Now I know how the Euros feel I suppose. Worth it for the 64 bit client, even if it's experimental and probably buggy too.

#16 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:05 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 December 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

..... but I have noticed one commonality in almost every CW loss I have been in: Large portions of the team playing like PUGs running around and doing their own thing, chasing squirrels and neutered mechs for their stats......

Instead of working with the rest of the team. And yes, in every instance, people tried to take charge and gave good, even if basic commands. Players just chose not to listen.

In our specific merc unit there are plenty of highly skilled and experienced mech pilots, and these same pilots have made a firm commitment to compete in the CW campaigns.

However, having lots of staff is not the same thing as having a full 12 man roster available for CW drops, 24 hours a day.

As a consequence my merc unit has undergone a large recruiting drive bringing in several scores of new pilots - many direct from the PUG queues, myself included. New blood to fill out the ranks, so to speak.

Although I have 11+ weeks in the PUG - I have very little group queue experience, and no comms. At least I know how to build a battlemech. The same cannot be said for many of my fellows, who are just now experiencing battlemechs for the very first time.

So you see, perhaps the reason they look like pugs is because 75% of them are pugs:)

We are building an army, to be sure, but we need pilots in mechs to do that - no doubt many will not survive the process, but those that do will form a solid base upon which proper mech battle formations can be built.

Has it ever been different for any other army in history?

Special thanks to those veteran warriors of my unit who have been sheparding us through this training process, while our mechs (and theirs) are being shot out from under us, again and again and again.

Just as they have committed to training us, I have committed to learn.

We dare not fail.

#17 Utilyan

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:21 PM

The trick is knowing how to put "Rambo" to use.

The skillful employer of men will employ the wise man, the brave man, the covetous man, and the stupid man. For the wise man delights in establishing his merit, the brave man likes to show his courage in action, the covetous man is quick at seizing advantages, and the stupid man has no fear of death. -- Sun Tzu

Edited by Utilyan, 18 December 2014 - 08:22 PM.

#18 Col Jaime Wolf

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:42 PM

I just roll with it if i see my team playing poorly just do my best. sometimes i will try to help with a plan others i just let them learn.

what i would like is to know what planet we are dropping on and whether we are attacking/counter attacking or defending but it is a fun challenge to come up with a drop deck thats good in all circumstances.

#19 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:29 AM

View PostFlaming oblivion, on 18 December 2014 - 07:28 PM, said:

CW map doesn't suggest that all.

#20 Demuder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:58 AM

I am glad CW makes "pug tactics" fail. I am not talking about simply inexperienced players, afterall, everyone starts as inexperienced and they get better with time. I am talking about Spider l33t snipers, poptarts and such.

Pugging has nothing to do with wanting to work in a team or not. I've been in normal gamemode pugs where the players cared about playing their mechs right and pushed and covered as a team, and I've been in pug games where you instantly got 3-4 l33t snipers taking off and doing their own thing. Or sneak peeking behind rocks and not pushing with the team, because you know, the world is going to end if your mech blows up and your K/D goes down. Until now, that kind of behavior did not equal a lost match, not helping your team and playing selfishly trying to preserve your K/D ratio was not damning at all.

With CW you'd better get on with the program or get left behind with noone to cover your butt. You can't even shutdown and hope they don't find you, they will seek you out and take you out.

This kind of behavior will ultimately get weeded out of CW, it is just too condemning to the team and almost always produces a loss and/or no credits/points. My only fear is that, since organized players that like the game will gravitate towards CW, the other modes will totally devolve in a proper Counter Strike mentality.

Edited by Demuder, 19 December 2014 - 08:01 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users