#21 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:07 PM

Everything is server-authoritative, except when you're in the testing grounds (testing grounds ias a 100% local simulation)

Like everything else, zoom is server-authoritative to remove hacks and cheats. Otherwise, nobody would ever need to buy an advanced zoom module.

#22 Inathero

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:31 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 19 December 2014 - 07:07 PM, said:

Everything is server-authoritative, except when you're in the testing grounds (testing grounds ias a 100% local simulation)

Like everything else, zoom is server-authoritative to remove hacks and cheats. Otherwise, nobody would ever need to buy an advanced zoom module.

I understand, but there's another way to go around it.

like I wrote previously, the order is something like this:

client zoom button clicked -> zoom packet request sent to server -> server processes -> server tells client ok -> client zooms

My suggestion follows the same idea, yea it requires going through server, but doesn't need server authentication /immediately/ to do so:

client zoom button clicked -> client zooms -> client tells server it zoomed in -> server replicates

If client zooms more than expected, more than the server's able to replicate, the server can just send a packet back saying to reset zoom and be done with it. It is still /server/ based, but theres no need to wait for immediate server authentication

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users