Back-Capping Somehow Needs To Be Addressed.

1 reply to this topic

#1 divinedisclaimer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 280 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:22 PM

Love the new game mode! It's a blast. Playing different mechs in series, having objectives to defend; it's a great addition to the game. Makes niche builds that are too risky normally valuable, which is awesome.

Thing is, the "10 minutes to play a non-game" isn't good. On the one hand, you can't allow people to choose not defending a planet as a way to hold it, sure. The current system however is wasting the game's small playerbase on games that aren't games, and that's not fun. I'm not concerned about the fairness of the system or actually winning the map, I just want everyone to have as much fun as possible playing MWO; which in any case means playing against... something. Preferably other players.

My suggestion is (sort of) simple: No back capping allowed, you can't attack an empty planet. Additionally, if someone has queued to attack you, players must defend before attacking. Attacking is impossible until there are overflow players available to do so. Make the game automatically direct you to required lobbies when under attack.

Since "Attacking" is fun, and one team shouldn't be forced to only play one version of the mode due to being outnumbered; the actual attack/defense orientation should be random. A minor variation of the map can be made in which the defending team is "defending" by destroying a big enemy ship that has landed on their planet and set up some defenses that serve the same functionality as the doors but appear more portable: maybe they're shield generators.

Aside from that, quit waiting 10 minutes to not play, people. You're not getting anything out of it! You should be getting fun out of it, for reference.

P.S. HHOD DD <3 U

Edited by divinedisclaimer, 20 December 2014 - 12:25 PM.

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:06 PM

TBH, I'd rather PGI reduce the effectiveness of "ghost capping" first and foremost.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users