Returned To Mwo For Cw

29 replies to this topic

#21 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:33 PM

I have found that the pugs in the CW queue are much more willing to cooperate and form a strategy than in the normal queue. If you haven't already, try organizing a resistance over the text. It actually works very well and I have successfully beaten twelve man premades with all pug groups. To me, this adds to the fun :)

#22 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:37 PM

View PostMack1, on 20 December 2014 - 02:01 PM, said:

I bought into MWO back in CB with the founders and after a great first year I have been appalled a how horrible this game has been developed, I don't need to go into details as even the most defensive fan boys know what a horrible year 2013 was for MWO.

So now we have CW an as much as I enjoy the invasion game mechanics the actual implementation of I is horrible. The queue system is dreadful and this is due to a lack of players, the actual old game modes are full of people, so why are they not playing CW? Well I asked them over a period of two days and they said:

Premades ruin it. And you know what, I totally agree with them. I have dropped in about 8 games and the smallest premade I have seen is 6 people, the most is 9 (my last game) They killed all our mechs before the time elapsed and they only lost about 8 Mechs in all we lost 48 haha

Solution is simple make a invasion mode for the solo queue so premades can fight premades and pugs can enjoy the game.

We all know this won't work as premades hate fighting eachother, they proved this when 12 v 12 premades were introduced....no one played them.

Mark my words, if you do not stop premades facerolling pugs MWO CW will be a flop, it's already struggling yet the pug game mode is busy....proof indeed.

beta

even if you remove the groups, the large units will flood planets with solo drops and it will be the same..

the problem is groups have better skill and tactics the pugs dont stand a chance even if you removed the coms from 12 mans pugs will still get *****

#23 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:04 AM

View PostMack1, on 20 December 2014 - 02:01 PM, said:

Solution is simple make a invasion mode for the solo queue so premades can fight premades and pugs can enjoy the game.

We all know this won't work as premades hate fighting eachother, they proved this when 12 v 12 premades were introduced....no one played them.

Mark my words, if you do not stop premades facerolling pugs MWO CW will be a flop, it's already struggling yet the pug game mode is busy....proof indeed.

Solution: Drop pub queue in the solo area exclusively designed for that

Just stop, we all know nobody but the "i hate premades" crowd buys into this sill rhetoric. Why don't you stop trying to paint people who team up in a TEAM BASED GAME as some sort of elitist snob? You might not sound nearly as ignorant then.

Mark MY words, i'm a pug and a solo player and everything you just said is a crock of sh*t.
Struggling?
Data please?
I guess you have some sort of "inside information" that contradicts the record breaking numbers PGI reported, the HUGE influx of new people that several units are reporting, and you just "know" better right?

Jesus! Do you guys that post this kind of stuff even remotely understand how ignorant you sound? Do you even pay attention to what's going on around you?

No, of course not, if you did you'd realize that everything you just said was so far off base that there's not even a shred of intelligent conversation to be had about it. You'd also realize that most of the people who are going to and already have explained to you how ignorant you sound (albeit they were probably nicer about it than I'm being), are pugs and solo players.

Go play in the pub queue. It sounds right up your alley.

#24 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:09 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 20 December 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

Nah

View PostDarth Futuza, on 20 December 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

So many topics have been created on this and argued about for the past few weeks I'm too bored to respond. Search if you want to know my thoughts.

View PostKirtanus, on 20 December 2014 - 02:08 PM, said:

there are no issues with queues. just look for pop-up windows and dont stay too long in lobby (i leave solo lobby in 2 minutes) and find next match soon.

View Postt Khrist, on 20 December 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

Premades don't ruin CW, they make it. Please don't misunderstand, I'm a co-founder of the Grog Corps, a small group of just over 30 members and our average drop size is a five-man, so I'm not a lobbyist for 12-mans. The entire game mode was designed for groups, preferably larger ones, and solo players were tacked on later in Phase II development so that they would be able to enjoy Invasion Mode to some extent without being left out, and to boost queue size. I understand what you're saying and why it happens, but the fact is CW isn't made for Lone Wolves. In order to get the full experience, without the frustration, you have to join a group. A CW queue for solo players is illogical, and impractical.

View PostMalk2651, on 20 December 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

Having both pugged and 12 man queued CW, your missing some of the details on how it works.
http://mwomercs.com/...e-how-it-works/

Read this to understand how the queue works.

As far as 12 mans not constantly fighting? Not true. They fight each other all the time.

View PostKiiyor, on 20 December 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

Community warfare was always intended as a grand playground for organized groups. Always.

The devs have mentioned they are looking at ways to relax things for lone players or smaller groups, but I wouldn't expect a whole lot to change, and I wouldn't want it to, despite the fact that I am a solo player.

It's a team game. The pug queues still exist for those unwilling to scratch their paint in CW.

If you want to beat 'em, you have to join 'em.

View PostShaka808, on 20 December 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

To play some devils advocate if CW is meant for organized groups only then make it organized groups only :) drop solo drop support for CW 2mans + only.

View PostSavage Wolf, on 20 December 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

PUGs can have plenty of success in CW if they are good and can organize. Tried that a couple of times and it's awesome. Also tried pug teams that couldn't, but that's the pug life. But I have even tried 12 pugs beating a 12 man premade. It's possible.

View PostGutterBoy5, on 20 December 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

Remember this is BETA CW so things will change.

That being said MWO is team based game & needs teams of all sizes . I've done solo drops in CW & haven't found to bad actually got a couple of wins. The problem Ive seen with solo players ,there is to many that have no desire to work with anyone & Rambo charge a whole team ,solo play can work it just needs people to use there brains.

View Postxengk, on 20 December 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

It is possible for a ragtag group of small unit with PUG to beat a larger unit.
You need communication and people's willingness to listen.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

View PostMischiefSC, on 20 December 2014 - 07:49 PM, said:

I'm at over 12 pug drops today. We've only lost 3, many were against large premades.

The biggest problem is how to motivate pugs to play as a team. It's as much art as science but you need to get everyone onboard with playing to a plan and not being a derp. If someone does derp, you work around it, use them like a distraction and move the plan for the smart/good players around them.

It's a tough transition though. A completely different skillset than what people are used to and that takes some adjustment. My best recommendation is stick with attacks for your faction for a while so that you're likely dropping with other groups and you can learn the tactics and what works. Follow orders, do what they tell you and soldier up and you'll do great.

View PostAlistair Winter, on 20 December 2014 - 08:36 PM, said:

Sorry, Mack. The premade master race myth is now officially busted. Sure, the best players in the game in a 12-man group are unstoppable if you're in a pug. But the overwhelming majority of premade groups are not particularly good. They either don't know how to work together as a team, or aren't really concentrating most of the time. Some people just enjoy the ability to shoot the breeze while they're playing.

I think CW has been great, because I've been pugging hardcore the past year (on this account) and haven't really had a chance to meet the guys who stayed in the group queue while I was pugging. Now I finally get to test my skills against premades regularly, not just when I'm grouped up. And there's really not much of a difference.

Being good at MWO is so much more than being coordinated, and pug veterans like myself have had to learn how to improvise and work with the team without TS just from reading the minimap. It's the same as in team sports, a good player will always know how to read the field and make good decisions without direct orders from his coach or team captain. Of course, to beat the best, you do need teamspeak, but to beat the average premade team, you just need a handful of players with mediocre skills and a couple of good players.

Based on your post, it sounds like you just need more games to see the truth for yourself. Trying to get an accurate, objective view of the situation by talking to other people, particularly people who quit playing, is never going to work, for any game.

I for one love the challenge. Maybe it will get worse in time, who knows. Right now, I'm doing well.

Here's one example of a 12 man pug defending FRR from the big bad wolves premades.

Spoiler

Posted Image

View PostTennex, on 20 December 2014 - 11:07 PM, said:

the more organized group takes territory over rag tag group. I see nothing wrong with that.

Not in real military scenario , not in CW

View PostTennex, on 20 December 2014 - 11:18 PM, said:

Organized groups will always be better than nonorganized, that is just the way it is in any competitive game. Only other solution is to separate them.

There is not much PGI can do artificially to close that gap. We just don't have the player base to add another solo queue to CW or even take the solo fillers out of CW group queue.

They can try to rectify this by adding VOIP which i definitely support, but there is really only going to be slight improvement. Organized unit has familiarity, strategy, and a leadership pyramid.

oh and just to illustrate how ignorant your claims truly are?

See all these quotes in your thread?
See how many solo and pug players completely disagree and disprove every single one of your silly claims?

grow up op, the world doesn't revolve around you. Drop pub queue

#25 Kilo 40

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:53 AM

View PostKirkland Langue, on 20 December 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

I like that solo's and small groups have the option of filling out teams in CW - but the emphasis should be upon encouraging players to join Units and form groups.

I'd argue that PGI should add "NPC Units" to the game, one for each House/Clan.

I 100% agree with this.

also, It should be easier to invite/follow/friend a person in game instead of having to memorze their name and send the invite later. see some one in a pug match who does really well? then you should be able to hit the "invite to unit" button next to thier name.

#26 Strikeshadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 213 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:51 AM

View Postt Khrist, on 20 December 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

Premades don't ruin CW, they make it. Please don't misunderstand, I'm a co-founder of the Grog Corps, a small group of just over 30 members and our average drop size is a five-man, so I'm not a lobbyist for 12-mans. The entire game mode was designed for groups, preferably larger ones, and solo players were tacked on later in Phase II development so that they would be able to enjoy Invasion Mode to some extent without being left out, and to boost queue size. I understand what you're saying and why it happens, but the fact is CW isn't made for Lone Wolves. In order to get the full experience, without the frustration, you have to join a group. A CW queue for solo players is illogical, and impractical.

Wow, you need a brain. Go play Planet Side 2 and you'll realize (well maybe dunno about your brain size) community warfare works just fine for lone wolves who can join up with a group for a short time and have in game voice chat supported by the game. It's all about how the game is designed.

MWO is designed worse than Mechwarrior 2 ..... You know what they say (well I hope you know this at least), we never learn from the past and clearly this is true with MWO.

#27 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:11 AM

View PostSandpit, on 21 December 2014 - 02:09 AM, said:

oh and just to illustrate how ignorant your claims truly are?

See all these quotes in your thread?
See how many solo and pug players completely disagree and disprove every single one of your silly claims?

grow up op, the world doesn't revolve around you. Drop pub queue

Well said.

*edit* 8 games OP? seems like a legit sample to base all your augments on.
Posted Image

Edited by KharnZor, 21 December 2014 - 11:14 AM.

#28 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:17 AM

View PostStrikeshadow, on 21 December 2014 - 07:51 AM, said:

MWO is designed worse than Mechwarrior 2 .....

Are you kidding me?

#29 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostRepasy, on 21 December 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

Are you kidding me?

I don't think he is. Pretty sad.

#30 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:11 PM

View PostKirkland Langue, on 20 December 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

I'd argue that PGI should add "NPC Units" to the game, one for each House/Clan.

I really thought that this was going to be one of the LP rewards. Maybe it will in the future. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users