• Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:21 PM

Ghost Drops
Population disparity advantage
Planet Sniping

That's how.

I'm quite depressed because I had extra days off here to play over the holidays, but then it became clear that CW is so beta it's almost alpha and can't handle unbalanced large numbers. Why should I play a rigged game and basically play and lose because of unfair/unbalanced campaign metas because someone figured out some flaws. Answer, I won't. I'll play in the PQs till it's fixed and assume CW was never released. Factions are winning as if we're not there anyway, why give them false bragging rights?

Not PGI's fault. This part of what's going on. So, it's fataly flawed because really, you have 2 factions that can planet snipe any planet they want and nobody can stop it. The test pool was too small to even see this, plus certain groups got a distinct advantage by realizing these flaws before everyone else leading to easy easy victories.

So I'll wait till those three items are fixed and the map is reset so everyone loses their ill gotten gains, and we can try again.

Repair, Reset, Restart
ASAP.

Edited by Kjudoon, 22 December 2014 - 10:23 PM.

#42 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:15 AM

It's like some people just realized that in War having numbers is a huge advantage.....

#43 Crocjaw

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:40 AM

I Have 3 days off and Im going to play 24 hours non stop.

#44 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:42 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 23 December 2014 - 04:15 AM, said:

It's like some people just realized that in War having numbers is a huge advantage.....

yes, and this is a game apparently.

#45 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:42 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 22 December 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

72 hours of free premium time wasted if this ceasefire holds.

If you want to use that premium time, play literally any other mode, they pay much more per hour, especially conquest.

#46 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:10 AM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 23 December 2014 - 04:42 AM, said:

If you want to use that premium time, play literally any other mode, they pay much more per hour, especially conquest.

thats if Conquest doesn't turn in to Skirimish as it usually does. And then the Random PUGs are screaming that I don't know how to play by capping. REALLY???!!!!

Yeah its times like this I wish I had a ban hammer myself.

#47 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:20 AM

View Postpoopenshire, on 23 December 2014 - 05:10 AM, said:

thats if Conquest doesn't turn in to Skirimish as it usually does. And then the Random PUGs are screaming that I don't know how to play by capping. REALLY???!!!!

Yeah its times like this I wish I had a ban hammer myself.

Whats wrong with playing the game as intended to maximize your rewards for dropping?

#48 Creovex

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:23 AM

All idiots thinking that Holidays are for truces....Read up on the Tet Offensive... Yeah.. if you stand down, you get run over. This is a persistent world now, not a league, so get ready for it.

#49 Noaceik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:44 AM

I am happy to see all IS factions have had a ceasefire, except for one, of course. For the Davions hit all its border worlds even Steiner space. Is this more Davion double speak or is it just a show of there true character?

#50 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:47 AM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 23 December 2014 - 05:20 AM, said:

Whats wrong with playing the game as intended to maximize your rewards for dropping?

you tell me?

I capped 3 whole sites by myself.

we were up 550 to 300 in cap points. The PUGs decided it was Skirmish mode and just went to town and died. Then were ranting how I didn't know how to play the game and ruined it for them..... Yeah, its come to that again.

#51 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:58 AM

View Postpoopenshire, on 23 December 2014 - 05:47 AM, said:

you tell me?

I capped 3 whole sites by myself.

we were up 550 to 300 in cap points. The PUGs decided it was Skirmish mode and just went to town and died. Then were ranting how I didn't know how to play the game and ruined it for them..... Yeah, its come to that again.

I know right? .. conquest is the worst one to play against its type, super long cues, (least before CW.. LOL!) And less rewards for kills and assists..

#52 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:07 AM

Tychron, your holiday spirit is admirable. In regards to the Comstar Irregulars, I can tell you we are focused on the Clan borders. IS forces have no need to worry about being attacked by CI during the holidays.

Clanners though.... um, ya, we have some presents for em... got em some nice new Missiles and AC/20 ammo we'll be delivering to them over Christmas.

Edited by Dracol, 23 December 2014 - 06:22 AM.

#53 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:19 AM

View PostDracol, on 23 December 2014 - 06:07 AM, said:

Tychron, your holiday spirit is admirable. In regards to the Comstar Irregulars, I can tell you we are focused on the Clan borders. IS forces have no need to worry about being attacked by CI during the holidays.

Clanners though.... um, ya, we have some presents for em... got em some nice new Missiles and AC/20 ammo we'll be delivering to them over Christmas.

Thank you for your planets, The Edge, Lovinac and Kirchbach. We have done some major redecorating. We would invite u but all we could see were your backsides as you retreated away in fear.

Happy Holidays :)

#54 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:51 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 22 December 2014 - 10:21 PM, said:

Ghost Drops
Population disparity advantage
Planet Sniping

That's how.

I'm quite depressed because I had extra days off here to play over the holidays, but then it became clear that CW is so beta it's almost alpha and can't handle unbalanced large numbers. Why should I play a rigged game and basically play and lose because of unfair/unbalanced campaign metas because someone figured out some flaws. Answer, I won't. I'll play in the PQs till it's fixed and assume CW was never released. Factions are winning as if we're not there anyway, why give them false bragging rights?

Not PGI's fault. This part of what's going on. So, it's fataly flawed because really, you have 2 factions that can planet snipe any planet they want and nobody can stop it. The test pool was too small to even see this, plus certain groups got a distinct advantage by realizing these flaws before everyone else leading to easy easy victories.

So I'll wait till those three items are fixed and the map is reset so everyone loses their ill gotten gains, and we can try again.

Repair, Reset, Restart
ASAP.

Ok have fun leave the big boys to there game. I have been in both pug and group drops that have both been smashed and have smashed the Clan and IS teams. It's the skill level of the drop team that makes CW work. Some times you loss the pug lotto and just have to move on to the next drop.

#55 Kolonel Matt

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:02 PM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 22 December 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

Regardless of the chest-thumping of a few individuals, the leadership of the organized Davion war effort is on board with the 72 hour window mentioned by OP (ceasefire on the 23rd through ceasefire on the 26th) being marked for defensive operations only.

We understand that no faction - no matter how well organized - can control their pugs, so we will defend our worlds and we would never ask any other faction to leave their worlds completely undefended.

Please take this opportunity to stonewall the invading Clans, and fight on as the Star League in the spirit of unity this holiday season.

And just who do you think you are that you can call yourselves "The Organized Davion War Effort"? You think that just because you set up a teamspeak server and invite people to come that you are the ones that get to set policy? Last time I checked, PGI made it quite clear that no player units will ever "control" a faction. Your ceasfires and treaties mean nothing.

#56 Scorcher

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:24 PM

Not that I have anything against having a player held truce, but there is challenge that requires you to have 25 games of community warfare. I am on leave during that period and will only be able to hit those games during my off time. Once I go back to working weekends and the rest of the year will have no chance to play.

Sorry, but I believe myself and other like minded people won't bother about this.

#57 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:08 PM

View PostKolonel Matt, on 23 December 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

And just who do you think you are that you can call yourselves "The Organized Davion War Effort"? You think that just because you set up a teamspeak server and invite people to come that you are the ones that get to set policy? Last time I checked, PGI made it quite clear that no player units will ever "control" a faction. Your ceasfires and treaties mean nothing.

They mean something if the majority of organized FS units actually stay home or shift to the clan front.

You can go on the attack if you want, but you'll be up against your opposing faction's entire server population without support. Good luck holding onto anything you manage to take.

ETA:
I can't speak for anyone else but HHoD's 5th Battalion (Pacific Timezone) intends to honor the ceasefire.

Edited by HlynkaCG, 23 December 2014 - 07:28 PM.

#58 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:37 PM

We call ourselves the organized davion war effort... because we are the organized davion war effort. You see all the various unit tags on worlds that Davion has taken or defended? Those are all participants in the Davion command teamspeak.

No, we can't and wont stop you from doing what you want, nor is ever sizable unit in davion space participating, but have fun trying to take any planet without our help. This is what community warfare is, it involves community coordination. If you want to join the club, join the Davion TS.
The ceasefire has started, participating units (including ACES) are now only taking on defensive battles. Expect a hard fight if you attempt to take a Davion world.

#59 JoshuaWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:34 AM

I and my unit the Wolf's Dragoons-Delta Regiment ".Delta Brigade" will be supporting this ceasefire but we will be beating up on some clanners and Defense on the IS borders

Colonel WBCReaper
1st Outreach Red Commandos
Command Company
Command Lance CO

Edited by WBCReaper, 24 December 2014 - 10:36 AM.

#60 Brew E

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 467 posts
  • LocationUnknown

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:08 AM

Please feel free to do whatever you want it is a game you paid for and should enjoy how you like. I and my Unit will honor the Cease Fire because we want something more out of CW than just solo pug playing. We enjoy the comradery that is being shared by several units of House Davion and enjoy the coordination that several of us are trying to do from small to large units.

The Knight Wardens will honor the Cease Fire during the Holiday. Merry Christmas to all.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users