Cannot Get A Match

12 replies to this topic

#1 Void2258

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 500 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:52 PM

I have been trying for over half an hour in 6 different lobbies. The match never starts. it just sits their with me a 11 other people "Receiving Orders" until I finally give up and try a different planet. And of course if I do get a match I will almost certainly end up counterattacking even though I clicked to defend.

Edited by Void2258, 20 December 2014 - 07:53 PM.

#2 Octantis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 129 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:15 PM

Same here.

#3 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:17 PM

Same here

#4 Void2258

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 500 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:18 PM

Even if you get a match this mode is so badly designed that if you draw the attacking side you are virtually guaranteed to lose unless the enemy are complete morons. So it's a waste of time to even bother playing once you see you got that side of the match. In the last 5 matches I have played the attackers didn't even breach a single gate because the defenders can instantly kill anyone who tries to go over the gate with ER lasers.

Edited by Void2258, 20 December 2014 - 08:21 PM.

#5 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:22 PM

View PostVoid2258, on 20 December 2014 - 08:18 PM, said:

Even if you get a match this mode is so badly designed that if you draw the attacking side you are virtually guaranteed to lose unless the enemy are complete morons. So it's a waste of time to even bother playing once you see you got that side of the match. In the last 5 matches I have played the attackers didn't even breach a single gate because the defenders can instantly kill anyone who tries to go over the gate with ER lasers.

Has nothing to do with OP, why don't you post in one of the other dozen threads about how teamwork is OP

#6 Void2258

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 500 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:33 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 20 December 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

Has nothing to do with OP, why don't you post in one of the other dozen threads about how teamwork is OP

Why don't you go look at any book on military tactics and tell me when you find one by any reputable general that would recommend attacking a fortification like they put up in CW with an evenly matched force.

#7 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:33 PM

Attacking usually wins due to base rushing, and if you do have good defenders you get heaps of Cbills for exchanging fire.

#8 Void2258

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 500 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:35 PM

View PostG SE7EN7, on 20 December 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

Attacking usually wins due to base rushing, and if you do have good defenders you get heaps of Cbills for exchanging fire.

I have yet to see a single match I have been in with a successful attack. If I am defending, I win. If I am attacking, they win. 100% of the time.

#9 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:50 PM

View PostVoid2258, on 20 December 2014 - 08:35 PM, said:

I have yet to see a single match I have been in with a successful attack. If I am defending, I win. If I am attacking, they win. 100% of the time.

Anecdotal. If that was true then no planet would ever change hands.

Now I know why the 228 went to Steiner

Edited by Roadbeer, 20 December 2014 - 08:50 PM.

#10 Sudden

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationK2 cockpit

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:59 PM

you haven't played cw much have you. by your comments it shows. attackers light rush very effective.

#11 Flaming oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:59 PM

The game changer is the odds of getting a pug defending team is almost none exsistant , PuG attackers I see all the time , ROFLpugstomps , For the majority , Hence why wait times are so terrible you reap what you sew. The majority of players are avoiding CW because of the PuG stomps just ask in the solo que. Will always be met by the same response. And I expect the same few forumites to hate this post. Because there okay well fact is MOST of the players in the game are not okay with it just not vocal enough to come to the forums . They just wont play CW , Which is fine not like CW was the desperate injection this game needed everyone to be happy with , Atleast the minority are happy.

#12 Void2258

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 500 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:15 PM

On the contrary I stopped playing for 2 years after all the broken promises. I only cam e back due to hearing that they were finally living up to their promises, only to see this horribly thought out, unbalanced, massively disappointing mess after all this time. I am rapidly approaching another 2 years hiatus over how badly handled this entire mess is.

#13 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:19 PM

View PostVoid2258, on 20 December 2014 - 09:15 PM, said:

On the contrary I stopped playing for 2 years after all the broken promises. I only cam e back due to hearing that they were finally living up to their promises, only to see this horribly thought out, unbalanced, massively disappointing mess after all this time. I am rapidly approaching another 2 years hiatus over how badly handled this entire mess is.

Stopped playing 2 years ago, but you have an Overlord pack that was sold last year...

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users