Poor Incentives For Attackers

4 replies to this topic

#1 HellFox83

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationThe FoxDen

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:45 AM

I'm talking about incentives for the player vs his faction(yep going totally mercenary here). Tried to get on defense games in CW. Ended up in 4 counter-attacks which failed pretty miserably. Bear in mind I usually score decently despite it being a losing situation. However I am only earning a lil more than I would in an average game of pub play. That is only because I am actually at this point focusing on killing defenders as opposed to completing objectives.

For most of the early game its always about the objectives and hell I sacrifice myself often to see those gennies pop. However, I as a player nor is my attacking team rewarded for completing those objectives. Its actually more profitable to focus on killing like you usually do in pub games as opposed to completing objectives which kind of causes priority issues for the individual player. Do I sacrifice for the team for a shot at winning or do I say screw the team and focus on getting kills and damage for the c-bills?

Now of course if this were 12vs12 of premades obviously the priorities would be for the team but CW is open to everybody. Needless to say no matter your opinion, without the meat (IE the pugs, the zerg, whatever you call the mindless ones that are thrown into the grinder) there can be no CW because we don't have enough premades to fill the vast void that is CW atm.

So what am I getting at? Well I think even premades can agree that getting those quick attack victories don't really pay them much. Especially all the sacrifices they usually have to make just to go for those objectives and even those light rushes at the beginning of CW I am sure didn't really payout much cause the match ended so fast.

So what we need is a payout per generator destroyed so that we have some accomplishment cause right now the attackers need to feel like doing the objectives matter to them personally not just to their team or faction.

10,000 C-bills for the attacking team per gate gen. sounds nice
25,000 C-bills for the attacking team per Orbital gun Gen
and 50,000 C-bills for killing the final objective

Sounds more fair to me to the attackers to give these poor ******** something for their sacrifices. Cause at the moment its not always in their best interest to murder every defender they meet.

#2 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:33 AM

Yeah I feel you. On attack I generally only earn about 200-400k from roughly 40 mins of my time (with premium). Only once did I have a good reward on the attack and it was from a PUG vs PUG where we actually took an attrition win and killed off all the defenders.

#3 Tristan Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:53 AM

Yep. Get the damage and kills. Get the C-bills. Unless you're really in it to promote your faction at the expense of your own loyalty points and profits, never mind the objectives.

http://mwomercs.com/...ning-the-match/

Especially when the way to victory is rather dull anyway. Gather your team at one gate. Zerg. Respawn. Rinse and repeat.

#4 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:21 PM

View PostNicolai Kabrinsky, on 21 December 2014 - 07:53 AM, said:

Yep. Get the damage and kills. Get the C-bills. Unless you're really in it to promote your faction at the expense of your own loyalty points and profits, never mind the objectives.

http://mwomercs.com/...ning-the-match/

Especially when the way to victory is rather dull anyway. Gather your team at one gate. Zerg. Respawn. Rinse and repeat.

Yep, exactly my problem. I have taken to dropping PUG instead of with my Unit because it is more fun to drop PUG and actually fight out a battle. Rewards are generally double or triple on the attack as well even when the PUG loses and I can always hit my 80 match score. 90% of my Unit attacks result in wins but I have actually had less than 100k in rewards and only like a 30 match score. That just isn't fun.

#5 Savage Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:27 PM

Rewards definately needs to be tweaked to be more in tune with the objectives as attacker. Being actually good at attacking bring few rewards and that's why so many people are split between earning c-bills or actually try to win. Frustrating really, especially among pugs who need to agree upon what to go for.

Would be nice with rewards for actually taking down the base defenses, which should be the goal and thus should be rewarded.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users