43 replies to this topic

#41 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:03 PM

Easy counter to this: Unit Points. Every win on a planet is a point for units by the number of pilots in that drop that won.

#42 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:04 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 22 December 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

You could make it the side with the most wins in a 2 hr period gets a zone. Then 11 zones corresponds with 22 hrs and there is a rotating ceasefire period.

This is similar to my thought posted on page 1 of this thread. I see this being less exploitable then the 100% flip idea. I could Just stay awake for two days and make it to Terra if that was the case.

#43 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:04 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 22 December 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

You could make it the side with the most wins in a 2 hr period gets a zone. Then 11 zones corresponds with 22 hrs and there is a rotating ceasefire period.

Look up 4 posts. :)

#44 TGWabba

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:12 PM

My suggestion for this is to make there be 3 or more cycles after which a planet gets a mark for the controlling team. After a full day the marks get added up and the side with the most marks gets the planet. It might also consider how much control they had of the planet. ie: controlling by 54% gives only 1 mark while controlling by 75% give 3 and 100% gives 5.

EDIT: It looks like there's already a lot of talk about making something similar to this and I'm interested to see what PGI does.

Edited by TGWabba, 22 December 2014 - 12:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users