How Cw Battles Should Be (Quick Fix, Not Long Term)

20 replies to this topic

#21 Savage Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:11 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 21 December 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

Honestly, I am not sure what to say. Zerging involves zero strategy, you just ball up and rush in the direction of the generator and then try to destroy it before the enemy destroys you. There is zero skill behind it and honestly any 12 warm bodies could do just as good a job at it as any other, providing they all can concept the simple commands of ball up, run to generator, kill generator, ignore everything else. Sorry man you can spin it however you want to but that is all there is too the zerg.

Sure you can try to throw a few lights out the other gate and hope the enemy squirrels to make things easier for the rush but you really don't even have to do that for a zerg to work. If you can't see that, well we are going to have to agree to disagree on what is tactics and what isn't.

Clearly you haven't tried to do a good push against someone who knows how to stop a good push. Then you have to be even smarter to succeed.
But I can say the exact same thing about Skirmish. Just gather in a great ball of mechs and hump the hill nearest the enemy. Rince repeat until someone wins. I see no strategy there. And to me that's boring. And not because I'm awful at it, I get my kills most matches.

So yes, lets agree to respect that the other probably sees something the other cannot. I should trust that when you say there is strategy in Skirmish, it's true. And you trust me when I say that there is strategy in Invasion. It makes sense doesn't it?

View PostViktor Drake, on 21 December 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

Anyway it is ok. Not going to bust your balls on it or how you see the game anymore. Suffice to say, I and likely the vast majority of the people playing CW see the zerg as a poor substitute for a game mode that actually allows for tactical game play that involves actually fighting the enemy units.

You nor I know anything about how many likes Invasion as it is and how many are pretty happy. We have no way of knowing. Only PGI has enough data to give a guess about it and it will still be a guess. You can never use the forums as an indicator of such things.
If you remember when PGI wanted to make game modes a soft choice, the forum said a clear yes. When it was implemented, the silent majority was outraged and when a link to a new poll was put into the launcher, suddenly it changed to a clear no. The forum does in no represent the players of this game, only a tiny fraction of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users