Attack Rant Thread

5 replies to this topic

#1 Misadventure

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:08 PM

I am getting tired of selecting a defense mission only to be on attack. This likely would not be so bad if it was not every drop for me (I never click attack unless I am premade).

If i am clicking Defense and the only mission is counter attack i should get an option of joining or going back into queue for a hour.

Leave the attacks to units and premade groups. I am a garrison Douche bag, we defend our planets not attack them.

Narcissistic flamer shield on!

Rant off.

#2 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:16 PM

It is random, though I suppose the number of zones each side controls influences the chances of you getting one mission or the other.

On an odd note, last night I actually had a mission to attack a territory we controlled.

#3 Averen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:19 PM

If people could decide their position, then we would have hardly any attackers at all. Can't have two teams attacking. It's the same with 12 man premades and pugs. Players from the former can talk all day long about how CW is designed for them, but in the end the mode wouldn't work without the majority of solo players.

Imo the best approach would be to add means something of communication and situational awareness (commo rose, an actually informative radar), and give some meaningfull rewards for doing well in a lost game. If clans or premades are supposed to be stronger, then at least give loosing fights a meaning, so they become less frustrating when everything goes wrong and all your kills are given by clan players/premades who don't even care anymore.

In general CW rewards are also far to low compared to normal modes, considering the time spend searching and playing matches. Coming from closed beta and always bringing proven builds, I'm usually on of the top of the pug game score. Can't imagine how annoying that has to be for newer players.

Edited by Averen, 21 December 2014 - 06:22 PM.

#4 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:31 PM

Solo players should get a cbill bonus and if/once the playerbase is big enough there should be a split solo and group queue like for the traditional gamemodes.

What the op is asking for is not possible like Averen already explained.

Edited by Budor, 21 December 2014 - 06:33 PM.

#5 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:35 PM

It's not random If the attackers have over 50% you have to push back at that point the world belongs to them. Look at the numbers before you drop.

#6 Misadventure

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:52 PM

Rewards are not really a big issue, last weekend i hated CW since so many match scores did not meet the min.

Attacking isn't horrible if you have a solid group but frequently we pugs do not, being filler for an 8+ man is good, being cobbled with 11 other pugs is usually fatel for attack. Defense is hit or miss.

I did not know about the 50% control thing, i will try and see if that will improve my chance for defense. I still would not mine if the messages were broken down into attack, defend and counter whenever possible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users