10 replies to this topic

#1 Alekzander Smirnoff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 427 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:49 PM

I thought hero mechs came with a free mech bay, when did they change this? I've had to buy two mech bays for the last two hero's I picked up. Basically made the Hero mechs cost 300mc more than they were.

#2 darkkterror

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:50 PM

If heroes ever came with Mech bays then that's news to me.

#3 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:58 PM

Only special promo/event mechs come with bays.

Founders, norns, (P)hoenix, (I)invasion... These mechs are also all account bound.

#4 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:59 PM

yea they should come with a free bay to house them in.

#5 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,578 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:44 PM

It would certainly soften the blow of the prices... but would also result in everybody who ever bought them previously demanding refunds or mech bays...

#6 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:00 PM

View PostCycKath, on 21 December 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

It would certainly soften the blow of the prices... but would also result in everybody who ever bought them previously demanding refunds or mech bays...

Just give them a free mech bay for any heroes already purchased. Problem solved

#7 RAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,019 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:56 PM

View PostBrody319, on 21 December 2014 - 07:59 PM, said:

yea they should come with a free bay to house them in.

Long overdue.

RAM
ELH

#8 Jolly Llama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 457 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:09 PM

I stopped paying money for stuff in this game a long time ago because each purchase is a huge bait and switch. You item will get nerfed, stealth nerfed,and made downright worthless with nerfs. On top of that, the wait times have increased to the point that I quit for two months out of disgust. I am about that way with Community Warfare now. I don't find it at all enjoyable watching the stupid clock hoping for the lobby to fill up or to find an opponent. And then the run through for the free win is an even bigger waste of time. Couple all this with getting cheated out of a mechbay when I buy a hero and you can watch my credit card gather dust in my wallet.

I have spent my quarter on this game, I have a bunch of mechs of all different classes. I only play now to hang out with my friends on teamspeak.

#9 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:31 PM

View Postgeodeath, on 21 December 2014 - 11:09 PM, said:

I stopped paying money for stuff in this game a long time ago because each purchase is a huge bait and switch. You item will get nerfed, stealth nerfed,and made downright worthless with nerfs. On top of that, the wait times have increased to the point that I quit for two months out of disgust. I am about that way with Community Warfare now. I don't find it at all enjoyable watching the stupid clock hoping for the lobby to fill up or to find an opponent. And then the run through for the free win is an even bigger waste of time. Couple all this with getting cheated out of a mechbay when I buy a hero and you can watch my credit card gather dust in my wallet.

I have spent my quarter on this game, I have a bunch of mechs of all different classes. I only play now to hang out with my friends on teamspeak.

You know, last night, I had at least 15 drops on CW, and none lasted more than 5 minutes wait time.

It all depends on the planets you're queuing up for. Look at the defender and attacker numbers, and that should give you an idea of how bad the queue will be.

Also, it definitely is better to drop as a group, in multiples of 4 when possible.

#10 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:13 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 21 December 2014 - 11:31 PM, said:

You know, last night, I had at least 15 drops on CW, and none lasted more than 5 minutes wait time.

It all depends on the planets you're queuing up for. Look at the defender and attacker numbers, and that should give you an idea of how bad the queue will be.

Also, it definitely is better to drop as a group, in multiples of 4 when possible.

Solo
PUG
I've yet to have a wait of over 7 minutes

I don't know what these people are doing honestly. I'm not getting anywhere near the wait times I did last weekend

#11 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:51 PM

It was promised somewhere along the line, but no dice.

What seems to be PGI's prerogative is to give 50% off hero/champion mech sales, so you buy the mechbay yourself with those savings.

Of course, it's best to just stock up on mechbays whenever those are on sale.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users