Medium Pl Stronger Than Large Pl ?

3 replies to this topic

#1 no1337

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:21 PM

Hi guys,

In a couple of matches I have noticed that it's easier to kill mechs (in particular lights) with MPL instead of stronger LPL. Is that just me?

For instance: hitting firestarter or jenner in the chest with 2 LPL, chest turns yellowish/orange (!). With MPL, I could land often a kill. Same is valid for chopping off the legs. I use a wobverine with 3LPL and try to leg a light. He escapes always. Change I to MPL, I can leg lights. I also have the feeling that I got killed by MPL more often than LPLs.

It's very hard to tell, but indeed, I have noticed this over weeks. Can anyone confirm that? Maybe it's worth to say that my ping is 250 ms. Do LPL spread the damage a bit? the beam looks fatter than the MPL...

cheers

No1337

Edited by no1337, 23 December 2014 - 02:27 PM.

#2 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:28 PM

MPLs have a shorter duration then LPLs. That means that you're most likely landing more damage on a single component then hitting multiple components during the burst.

LPLs are pretty solid against larger and slower targets since you can hold the beam on a single component more easily.

#3 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:29 PM

Smaller lasers are more effective at killing light mechs, since they deliver their damage quicker and usually to fewer components -- great for the tiny light mech hitboxes. If you can get within range, you'll likely find that small pulse lasers are even better.

#4 no1337

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:35 PM

Thanks!

I was just thinking the same; however, the LPL duration is shorter on the wobverine than MPL. so it cant be that. and even if, it's only 0.06s at overall almost double damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users