General

4 replies to this topic

#1 Rex Budman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 841 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:03 AM

Well, re-installed after a break. Was a little bored at the time with the entire thing.

So I came back yesterday to find this Community Warfare thing up and running. I think it's great! Would love to see it more like an open RvR system on a single server (yes like an MMO), but whatever.

What struck me the most, though, and it is the entire basis of this post, is that you respawn up to 4 times 4 selected mechs.

Uhh, I seem to recall the forum folk voicing concerns over this "respawn" system saying it will never work for a game like this or "go play CoD".

Well, here it is, it's working fine & it's fun.

So, yeah, *****....

#2 NovaFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:12 AM

It makes people play less passively, which if anything is what this game needs more of.

Still, there's a lot of gate-hugging peekaboo fighting.

#3 Trev Firestorm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:15 AM

No, that is inaccurate. It was said (most often by the majority supporting the position) that an unlimited respawn system would not work, and it would not work at all on the early maps (which is entirely true).

#4 Rex Budman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 841 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:49 AM

View PostTrev Firestorm, on 24 December 2014 - 01:15 AM, said:

No, that is inaccurate. It was said (most often by the majority supporting the position) that an unlimited respawn system would not work, and it would not work at all on the early maps (which is entirely true).

Perhaps in your experience, but in mine I have found that the qualm was with respawns in general - not just unlimited.

I find the game mode fun and I'm looking forward to playing more of it tonight :)

#5 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:43 AM

View PostTrev Firestorm, on 24 December 2014 - 01:15 AM, said:

Exactly this. Respawn ->Die -> Respawn ->Die on a constant loop would make this game terrible,

I am certain most people out there that still play like it this way you know with consequences, even in invasion mode with 3 other mechs to take when you make a mistake and die it hurts the rest of your match, and obviously in the original game modes when you die thats it for the entire match.

If you want a respawn/die loop mech game they already exist.

Edited by MonkeyCheese, 24 December 2014 - 02:44 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users