Health Of Generators Unlikely To Change Tactics...

Gameplay

1 reply to this topic

#1 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:15 PM

I don't think tweaking the health of the generators is going to ultimately change the dynamic here, so far as the zerg rush tactics being the winning strategy.

I think it would be better if the attackers had to hold a control point for X amount of time to open the generator door, and then it closes if they lose control of that.

Make it so the attackers objective is, primarily, to remove defenses and defenders so they have access to the generator.

I also think the generator needs to be such that nobody can stand on or in front of it to risk friendly fire on it (as much - a mech on the ground might still miss a mech and hit the generator, but it shouldn't be as common as it is now with folks standing on the lip in front of it or on top of it.)

#2 SAI Peregrinus

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:56 PM

The basic issue is that the map design (especially boreal) gives the defenders huge positional advantages. They can set up a firing line, and destroy any mechs who try to close and fight. Additionally, fighting the defenders doesn't gain the attackers anything, since the goal is to kill the generator and killing the defenders just means they'll drop on you in fresh mechs as you reach the generator. The zerg rush counters the map design flaws by ignoring the defenders and seeking only to win the match.

So any solution needs to solve two problems: it needs to make fighting the defenders practical, and still make attacking easy enough to be possible roughly 50% of the time.

Your proposal solves the first part, but worsens the second part.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users