13 replies to this topic

#1 Jazzbandit1313

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,088 posts
  • Location--- Star's End ---- -- Novo Cressidas --

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:38 AM

My one question about this, and other freemium redemption events, WHY DOES IT AUTOMATICALLY START. I have to wonder what possible marketing/economical reason PGI has for this? I put in the code today, but I'll be gone for the next 4 days on holiday. I mean at least tell us it will be activated upon redemption. Please PGI just allow all premium time to be stored, even from freemium events.

#2 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:42 AM

View PostJazzbandit1313, on 23 December 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

My one question about this, and other freemium redemption events, WHY DOES IT AUTOMATICALLY START. I have to wonder what possible marketing/economical reason PGI has for this? I put in the code today, but I'll be gone for the next 4 days on holiday. I mean at least tell us it will be activated upon redemption. Please PGI just allow all premium time to be stored, even from freemium events.

Gifted premium time has been starting automatically for about 6 months. If I were to give you a buisness reason, it's simply to prevent people from storing up tons of free premium. I was amassing quite a collection of freebies over the first half of 2014, think I was up to about 20 days of premium from giveaways, etc.

Edited by Wingbreaker, 23 December 2014 - 09:44 AM.

#3 Jazzbandit1313

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,088 posts
  • Location--- Star's End ---- -- Novo Cressidas --

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:43 AM

View PostWingbreaker, on 23 December 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

Gifted premium time has been starting automatically for about 6 months.

I know, that's why I'm wondering why.

Edited by Jazzbandit1313, 23 December 2014 - 09:44 AM.

#4 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:48 AM

View PostJazzbandit1313, on 23 December 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

I know, that's why I'm wondering why.

I always figured that it was to give folks a little nudge to play more during a given event. Effectively to try to keep the server population up for the duration.

Would be nice to bank it, I suppose, but on the other hand I am still sitting on ALL of my premium time from my Founder's purchase and whatever other banked time has been added to that (a day here, a day there from promos).

So when I get a little premium time from an event it's just a little bonus. Besides it's a freebie. Unfortunate that you'll miss out on using most of it, but dem's da breaks. :)

#5 Gnume

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 279 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPrattville, AL

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:27 AM

Somewhere, a PGI Person posted that the ONLY Premium Time that is ever banked would be time that comes with Pre-Order Packs. All other premium time is activated upon redemption/receipt.

Found the post http://mwomercs.com/...onth-at-a-time/

Please be advised that only Premium Time acquired through Pre-Orders is automatically banked.
All other Premium Time purchased in-game with MC, given through gift codes, or awarded through Challenges/Events will be automatically activated upon redemption.

Edited by CaptRosha, 23 December 2014 - 10:31 AM.

#6 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:44 AM

Just to let you know - it gets activated when you log into the game the first time after you redeem it. If you redeem it today, but don't sign onto the game until Monday, it won't start ticking down until Monday.

#7 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,965 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:40 AM

Yep, if you have 0 premium time running, it will only turn on once you log in.

Not sure, but if you already have premium time running, activating it or getting an injection might stack on extra time but it will keep going if you're logged out.

Edited by Mister D, 23 December 2014 - 11:50 AM.

#8 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:54 AM

My one question about this, and other freemium redemption events, WHY DOES IT AUTOMATICALLY START.

Because it's a freebie to be used over the festive period to get people playing more when they have spare time, rather than something to be squirreled away indefinitely for future use?

#9 darkkterror

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:11 PM

I'm pretty sure every single time I've seen a game dev give out free stuff there's always someone that complains about said free stuff.

#10 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:48 PM

The free premium time is as much a gift as it is advertising. It's designed to get players to want to purchase more premium time, so the company can make money.

Either way, you have 7 days of premium time you didn't have before. Enjoy 'em. And if you can't, then you're not losing anything you paid for.

#11 Amper 113

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 133 posts
  • LocationLibrarians Unity

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:51 AM

in 2015..

#12 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:25 AM

I don't think of event-won premium time as actual premium time.. Since its relatively easy to win, I think of it more as "more bonus money for doing the event"

Since they can't simply say "during this event we will double all cbill rewards", they give you premium time instead.

I think it's more practical for the Dev's to boost event winnings in this format, and they actually reward us for keeping the event well-populated.

#13 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:59 AM

Is this a twitter/facebook thing again? Any info on this forum?

#14 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:54 AM

View PostKotzi, on 07 December 2015 - 06:59 AM, said:

Is this a twitter/facebook thing again? Any info on this forum?

*checks FB*

Lesse... Star Wars Episode 7 in 11 days... Harrison Ford talks Star Wars... JJ Abrams almost included death scene for Jar Jar in new Star Wars movie... ticket sales for Star Wars...

Hm. No, nothing Mechwarrior related.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users