I'm A Tweak-Aholoic And It's Utterly Ruined The Game For Me.

21 replies to this topic

#21 zagibu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:37 PM

I guess they could let you rent a chassis. Then when you like it, you get the amount you already paid in rent off the sale price. Maybe 10% of the sale price per day as rent? Then after 10 days, it would be paid for, if you couldn't decide earlier.

#22 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:40 PM

View PostKriegson, on 23 December 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

I love fiddling with mechs, checking out their specs, figuring out an interesting build, testing that, scrapping the idea, moving onto another one, etc.
The only problem is by the time I've found out the idea is untenable and I'm looking at scrapping it, I know there's no way I can afford to sell that and move on to the next idea.
IE like the raven, make a super chicken AC-20. Woo fun! Effective? Not so much.

So I scrap it, OK got some money back. Oh hey, what about trying this mech/build? Oh wait I need a few more MILLION CREDITS.

If there was a way to test them out beforehand, or get my money's worth back, it wouldn't be so bad. But it's a constant grind of literally jump in a match, try to do something, probably die miserably because I'm stuck in trial mechs, immediately grab another mech, do the same thing.

If I could test drive a mech and loadout before I buy it and the parts, I'd be sold. Purchase a premium mech for farming, probably a sub, the works. Because I know there's a light at the end of the tunnel!

But if there's a way to do this, I'm not aware of it. And I've simply given up on the grind just to try things that might end up as a failure and have to start all over, virtually from scratch.

Don't scrap your builds.. just strip them. Run a build until you can afford the next build... repeat until your inventory is large.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users