93 replies to this topic

#61 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:28 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 30 December 2014 - 05:15 PM, said:

You could if you switched Factions when your contract is up. :)

Marik for life yo.

I've been playing House Marik for 15 years, Not going to change to attack the test-tube babies.

Not my monkey, not my zoo.

#62 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:34 PM

There's plenty of Steiners dropping, but only in defense. There needs to be a daily attack order so we can either take a planet or divert their best players.

#63 Bonkfire

• Pip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:53 PM

House Davion is working to Eliminate IS threats to Steiner so that they can focus on holding back the clans. Its a mutually beneficial pact.

#64 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:02 PM

View PostBonkfire, on 30 December 2014 - 10:53 PM, said:

House Davion is working to Eliminate IS threats to Steiner so that they can focus on holding back the clans. Its a mutually beneficial pact.

Then you're uh, fighting on the TOTALLY wrong borders

#65 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:50 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 30 December 2014 - 05:15 PM, said:

You could if you switched Factions when your contract is up. :)

Permenant contracts don't expire. Besides, at the rate Steiner is going we won't need to change factions to face the clans.

#66 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:12 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 30 December 2014 - 09:28 PM, said:

Marik for life yo.

I've been playing House Marik for 15 years, Not going to change to attack the test-tube babies.

Not my monkey, not my zoo.

#67 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:15 AM

View PostThomasMarik, on 30 December 2014 - 11:50 PM, said:

Permenant contracts don't expire. Besides, at the rate Steiner is going we won't need to change factions to face the clans.

*Scratches head*

Never understood the desire to be locked in a permanent contract. It really limits your gameplay experience.

Now...if PGI were to debut the Loyalist, Merc, and Clan Life gameplay as originally stated, then I could see doing it. But right now, in the current state of CW, being a Loyalist just looks like a good way to lose out on a lot of gameplay opportunities and fun.

#68 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:06 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 31 December 2014 - 05:15 AM, said:

*Scratches head*

Never understood the desire to be locked in a permanent contract. It really limits your gameplay experience.

Now...if PGI were to debut the Loyalist, Merc, and Clan Life gameplay as originally stated, then I could see doing it. But right now, in the current state of CW, being a Loyalist just looks like a good way to lose out on a lot of gameplay opportunities and fun.

One Thing to say about permanent contract: Loyalty.

#69 IsaAurinkoinen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 109 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:46 PM

View PostStUffz, on 31 December 2014 - 07:06 AM, said:

Like a good dog.

#70 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:04 PM

View PostIsaAurinkoinen, on 01 January 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

Like a good dog.

Yep. Until Chain of command is released.

#71 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:11 PM

View PostStUffz, on 31 December 2014 - 07:06 AM, said:

Loyalty to what? A fictitious Faction in a Fantasy Sci-Fi that has no effect on reality?

During Beta no less?

:P :lol: :D :rolleyes: ;)

#72 R3APR

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:12 PM

a vast majority of Mariks are members of the FWLM community. Changing factions on a whim would break up this community. It's probably the main reason why a lot of Marik units are permanent units and not mercs. We do have some mercs, but not as many as other communities.

#73 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:12 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 01 January 2015 - 04:11 PM, said:

Loyalty to what? A fictitious Faction in a Fantasy Sci-Fi that has no effect on reality?

During Beta no less?

Does it matter if it's beta or not? No. Why? Because players should test each facet of CW.
It does not make any sense to discuss about what loyal House Units do. If we - Davions and Steiner - want a ceasefire because we want to roleplay FedCom then so be it. It's no hindrance to both faction and both have benefits.

#74 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:22 PM

View PostStUffz, on 01 January 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

Does it matter if it's beta or not? No. Why? Because players should test each facet of CW.
It does not make any sense to discuss about what loyal House Units do. If we - Davions and Steiner - want a ceasefire because we want to roleplay FedCom then so be it. It's no hindrance to both faction and both have benefits.

I didn't say anything about ceasefires in my quote of you. I merely wondered why someone would want to limit themselves in a video game by pledging their undying loyalty to a person or Faction that doesn't exist, especially at a point when there is no advantage to doing so. Given the fact that we are in Beta, it would make more sense to play the field and then take the permanent route once there were actual incentives to do so later in the development of CW.

For now, permanent Loyalty is a lot like this (Hint: The last two panels are the most poignant!):

Posted Image

#75 vettie

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:27 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 01 January 2015 - 07:22 PM, said:

I didn't say anything about ceasefires in my quote of you. I merely wondered why someone would want to limit themselves in a video game by pledging their undying loyalty to a person or Faction that doesn't exist, especially at a point when there is no advantage to doing so. Given the fact that we are in Beta, it would make more sense to play the field and then take the permanent route once there were actual incentives to do so later in the development of CW.

the simple answer is - that's what they WANT to do. Doesnt hurt (us) in any way. Let them play and have some fun. We can do the same, just in a different manner - pretty simple as I see it...

#76 ice trey

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:51 PM

The Lyran Commonwealth has their hands full with the Clan front. I can appreciate that, as we've also got the Bears and Jags to deal with.

While the Davions are constantly on our asses, preventing us from properly meeting the clan threat, I appreciate that the Kurita/Steiner border is relatively silent.

Edited by ice trey, 01 January 2015 - 07:51 PM.

#77 soaq

• PipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:16 PM

Greetings from Comstar Irregulars.

Edited by soaq, 01 January 2015 - 11:21 PM.

#78 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:51 AM

View Postvettie, on 01 January 2015 - 07:27 PM, said:

the simple answer is - that's what they WANT to do. Doesnt hurt (us) in any way. Let them play and have some fun. We can do the same, just in a different manner - pretty simple as I see it...

Right, and that's all I've been saying. A lot of this is spill over from the other thread "We're Smoking Your Dubhe," where the Loyalist Units were bashing my Unit for ignoring the "Ceasefire." I have been pointing out, repeatedly, that they can play however they wish, but that they should not presume to impose such playstyles on Merc Units.

Generally Speaking:

I still don't understand the rationale behind being a "Loyalist for Life." It sounds like an ego-boosting thing but whatever. Just don't expect The Brethren or any other Merc Unit to embrace such a lifestyle and kowtow to some kind of "Council" of Faction Units simply because you're "Loyalist." You have your playstyle, we have ours.

...And ours says, "No" to Ceasefires. ;)

#79 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:22 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 02 January 2015 - 06:51 AM, said:

Right, and that's all I've been saying. A lot of this is spill over from the other thread "We're Smoking Your Dubhe," where the Loyalist Units were bashing my Unit for ignoring the "Ceasefire." I have been pointing out, repeatedly, that they can play however they wish, but that they should not presume to impose such playstyles on Merc Units.

Generally Speaking:

I still don't understand the rationale behind being a "Loyalist for Life." It sounds like an ego-boosting thing but whatever. Just don't expect The Brethren or any other Merc Unit to embrace such a lifestyle and kowtow to some kind of "Council" of Faction Units simply because you're "Loyalist." You have your playstyle, we have ours.

...And ours says, "No" to Ceasefires. ;)

The interesting point is that it's only your Unit which is behaving against the rest of the mercs. Even Kell Hounds and AS avoided to attack Davions during their contract with House Steiner. Maybe because of roleplay or maybe because they see the strategic benefit of a ceasefire at one border.

Edited by StUffz, 02 January 2015 - 07:25 PM.

#80 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:24 PM

View PostStUffz, on 02 January 2015 - 07:22 PM, said:

The interesting point is that it's only your Unit which is behaving against the rest of the mercs. Even Kell Hounds and AS avoided to attack Davions during their contract with House Steiner. Maybe because of roleplay or maybe because they see that strategic benefit of a ceasefire at one border.

We weren't the only Unit, I can tell you that for certain.

...However, we were the only one to go poke Marik in the eye about it in the forums. :rolleyes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users