BattleMechs

7 replies to this topic

#1 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:53 PM

Is how high the cockpit is compared to the actual exit point of the projectile and the cross hairs on the screen.

The mech is simply a poor design for a lot of the maps in MWO since there are multiple elevation changes between you and your target. When using any variant, your shots are constantly hitting the "ground" below your cross hairs. The way around this is to pop-tart but its simply not efficient since the screen shake is intense or you risk eating a Gauss to your CT.

Sadly I dont think the Thor will ever be able to get to its potential due to the cockpit. Its really a great Heavy mech to pilot but its a PITA to use your weapons without having to constantly adjust your positioning to fire them.

The only way I can think of to fix this issue is for PGI to shorten the arms a bit or make the legs a bit taller.

Mogs

#2 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:56 PM

Mmm disagree, atleast for the build I use it is the perfect position for the cockpit. 1 gauss right below the cockpit, and an CERPPC in the adjacent arm. Seems to work just fine.

#3 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:06 PM

View PostDONTOR, on 23 December 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

Mmm disagree, atleast for the build I use it is the perfect position for the cockpit. 1 gauss right below the cockpit, and an CERPPC in the adjacent arm. Seems to work just fine.

Then you run into the issue where the Thor's CT has limited Y axis movement. So again, you wont be able to shoot up or down. Plus you arent using the quirks that are "suppose" to make the mech more efficient.

But like you, I put my ballistics there. Its an AC10 but is completely unusable in a brawl when elevation comes into play.

Edited by mogs01gt, 23 December 2014 - 04:08 PM.

#4 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:07 PM

not enough thrust and lift for the jump jets, 5 fixed jets should be able to fly as good as a light mech!

#5 Variant1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:14 PM

no the biggest issue with thor is the lack of quad machine guns! and a missile hardpoint and 2 ballistic hardpoints on the left torso.

#6 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:17 PM

View PostVariant1, on 23 December 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

no the biggest issue with thor is the lack of quad machine guns! and a missile hardpoint and 2 ballistic hardpoints on the left torso.

what?

#7 Team Chevy86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:47 PM

Adapt or die.

#8 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:53 PM

View PostTeam Chevy86, on 23 December 2014 - 07:47 PM, said:

Adapt or die.

WTF

Last two posts make no sense...

DONTOR,
I've been running the Gauss+ ERPPC build.....I do not understand why that build works...Both matches were wins and had 3 kills...So far, no smart medium pilots has rushed to rip off my arm yet.

Edited by mogs01gt, 23 December 2014 - 08:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users