Is Access To Clan Mechs

40 replies to this topic

#1 Archangel Dino

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:44 PM

With CW on the run, IS use IS Mechs, and Clans use Clan Mechs.

My question is: at what point will IS have access to Clan Mechs? What year IN-GAME will it be?

I'm with Davion, but I really want to use my Summoner for CW.

#2 Scorcher

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:48 PM

The way community warfare is laid out, you will never be able to use Clan mechs as IS and vice versa.

#3 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

No idea if or when that will happen, but probably not anytime soon.

Edit: that's what the contracts are for. You can at least play your clan mechs in CW if you fight for a clan faction.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 23 December 2014 - 07:51 PM.

#4 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:26 PM

You know what? I honestly would love to see the IS get Clans for like a week.....I bet the IS players would be back in thier IS mechs within a week and on the forums QQ about the Clans limits and stuff.

#5 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:59 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 23 December 2014 - 08:26 PM, said:

You know what? I honestly would love to see the IS get Clans for like a week.....I bet the IS players would be back in thier IS mechs within a week and on the forums QQ about the Clans limits and stuff.

Yeah, if it's for one week, of course they would. It takes WEEKS! To learn to play a single variant right, let alone a full chassis (3 variants). Although with clans it's a bit shorter, since all three variants can be the same set up.

#6 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:01 PM

Clans having IS mechs...?

#7 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:03 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 23 December 2014 - 08:59 PM, said:

Yeah, if it's for one week, of course they would. It takes WEEKS! To learn to play a single variant right, let alone a full chassis (3 variants). Although with clans it's a bit shorter, since all three variants can be the same set up.

No lol, IS players would be back in like 2 days QQing about the inability to swap out stuff to get more space for stuff.....they know these things about the clans but it wouldnt stop them from QQing about the fixed engines and stuff.

I would love to see every IS QQing about Clans OP, get stuck with a Summoner and a Nova for 1 month. Have them come back and see what they think.

#8 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:08 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 23 December 2014 - 09:01 PM, said:

Clans having IS mechs...?

Lol, the best swap party ever!?

View PostArchangel Dino, on 23 December 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

My question is: at what point will IS have access to Clan Mechs? What year IN-GAME will it be?

As for a lore perspective, 3053 was the earliest a mech was built using clan tech, in the IS Prometheus.

The first mech built with the possibility of being deployed on the front lines using clan tech, by the Inner Sphere was the Rakshasa all the way in 3055. Both were developed by Davion, btw.

So it will take a loooong time.

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 23 December 2014 - 09:03 PM, said:

I would love to see every IS QQing about Clans OP, get stuck with a Summoner and a Nova for 1 month. Have them come back and see what they think.

you know what? I want that, it would save me a LOT of trouble when arguing on the forums about what is OP and what isn't OP about the clans, and how 1 or 2 chassis being super good, doesn't mean ALL of them are good. Let them try to get a Summoner LRM boat to work for them.

#9 AdultPuppetShow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 165 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSpace Texas

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:16 PM

My guess would be about the same time that the Bushwacker comes out.

#10 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:50 PM

Actually, shortly after the invasion, Wolf's Dragoons started manufacturing or "finding" Dire Wolves for use by inner sphere pilots. However, I would say that until salvage becomes real, we would not see it until the IS starts building their own with clan tech.

#11 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:43 AM

what I would like to see is eventually (in 2-3 years time) is as the war progresses pilots get the opportunity to field 1 Mech from the opposing faction in their drop deck, this should not be game breaking, and is true to lore (eventually some IS pilots did salvage Clan Mechs, and the Clans had plenty of IS designs in storage, but as they were inferior the Clans rarely used them)

#12 Darionik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:52 AM

salvage during CW real? it may be a good idea but just if you bring back economy and repair/ammo cost after battle here in CW, and of course with salvage you get the chance of use a mech of the different faction, a mech taht you have to buy, build and skill as usual ;)

#13 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:07 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 24 December 2014 - 12:43 AM, said:

what I would like to see is eventually (in 2-3 years time) is as the war progresses pilots get the opportunity to field 1 Mech from the opposing faction in their drop deck, this should not be game breaking, and is true to lore (eventually some IS pilots did salvage Clan Mechs, and the Clans had plenty of IS designs in storage, but as they were inferior the Clans rarely used them)

View PostDarionik, on 24 December 2014 - 12:52 AM, said:

salvage during CW real? it may be a good idea but just if you bring back economy and repair/ammo cost after battle here in CW, and of course with salvage you get the chance of use a mech of the different faction, a mech taht you have to buy, build and skill as usual ;)

Before you two get too excited. Not a single piece of salvage was ever left to the pilot that got it. Not even mercs got away with it. All clan tech was handed to the houses, and was done so quickly, since the houses went to extreme measure to take that tech. Including threatening to destroy (and possibly even carrying out that threat) the mercs in question.

It wasn't until WAY after 3055 that clan tech became used within the Inner Sphere.

#14 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:30 AM

IS access to ClanTech and its IS-produced derivatives ?
IIRC about 3058 or somewhere like that, if wrong please correct (as always) .
Thats 8 years from now on, spheroids, but trust me on one thing : driving clan machinery is not as awesome as it looks and I guess you will miss your IS-Quirks all too soon .

Anyway, in my book it´s a good thing that at least the tech trees are being separated, or do you really want to see HunchbackIIC´s, JennerIIC´s,JägermechIIC´s and other second line (yes, those re-built and re-specced IS machines are "second-line" quality compared to Omnimechs and as such only fit for units on garrison duty ... so to say the nearly-dezgra, the freebirths, the failed politicians and the not-so-clan-elite-like pilots) mechs coming for you, with all the yellings of "CLAMS = OP " that is already going on, albeit a part of the yellers have never used a clanmech before ?

In the end we will be PGI´s awaiting servants in these and other matters of advanced gameplay, won´t we ?
^^

#15 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:44 AM

Yeah because everyone absolutely hates running the Tier 1 Timberwolves and Tier 1 Stormcrows ... those mechs hella suck. *eye* roll ... oh and the Hellbringer is a uber crappy heavy mech. I couldn't imagine using it. Imagine ... if you will ... running multiple LRM 15 racks and ERLL in your slow assault Warhawk (more sarcasm) ...

I own almost every mech in the game. Clan mechs for CW are strong. They range incredibly well and are durable. Only good IS teams with many veterans with modules etc beat clans regularly. We do ... but again we are a competitive team. It isn't easy. Against organized teams it is incredibly difficult to win. Sure your lights are limited by speed but they carry a massive punch. PLus imaging a kitfox with ECM and Triple AMS!! Talk about missile defense.

I admit I am in love with the variety I get out of my TDR right now and a few other mechs ... but if I could choose a mech ... I'd be hard pressed to turn down several waves of Storm Crow's and Timberwolves.

That being said ... the quirks helped to close the gap and without them the current game would be nigh hopeless in many ways unless you are a pro direct fire team. I for one am glad to see the variety.

Edited by CrockdaddyAoD, 24 December 2014 - 01:45 AM.

#16 Thunder Child

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:12 AM

When did the IS Omnis start to make an appearance. That was 3055 or so, wasn't it?

The Avatar, Owens, and Sunder are the ones that come to mind. Didn't the Blackjack get an Omni rebuild too?

#17 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:26 AM

The Clans use IS mechs in the lore, most of them are drawn from their old SLDF stockpiles to outfit their garrisons. Though there are a few refits left and right, but they don't appear to be that common.

View PostRad Hanzo, on 24 December 2014 - 01:30 AM, said:

Anyway, in my book it´s a good thing that at least the tech trees are being separated, or do you really want to see HunchbackIIC´s, JennerIIC´s,JägermechIIC´s and other second line (yes, those re-built and re-specced IS machines are "second-line" quality compared to Omnimechs and as such only fit for units on garrison duty ... so to say the nearly-dezgra, the freebirths, the failed politicians and the not-so-clan-elite-like pilots) mechs coming for you, with all the yellings of "CLAMS = OP " that is already going on, albeit a part of the yellers have never used a clanmech before ?

IIC's are factory built mechs, not refits. Refits, are signified with a simple "C" designation. The IS won't really start producing Clan tech until they are well into the Republic Era.

View PostIraqiWalker, on 23 December 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

As for a lore perspective, 3053 was the earliest a mech was built using clan tech, in the IS Prometheus.

The first mech built with the possibility of being deployed on the front lines using clan tech, by the Inner Sphere was the Rakshasa all the way in 3055. Both were developed by Davion, btw.

So it will take a loooong time.

Quite a number of things are wrong with your post here:

1. The Prometheus is a Frankenbuild cobbled together from destroyed Clan mechs. It's pure salvage, not a factory build.
2. The Rakshasa has no Clan tech in it whatsoever, the TRO entry even lists this as its primary shortcoming.

#18 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:40 AM

View PostStormwolf, on 24 December 2014 - 02:26 AM, said:

The Clans use IS mechs in the lore, most of them are drawn from their old SLDF stockpiles to outfit their garrisons. Though there are a few refits left and right, but they don't appear to be that common.

IIC's are factory built mechs, not refits. Refits, are signified with a simple "C" designation. The IS won't really start producing Clan tech until they are well into the Republic Era.

Quite a number of things are wrong with your post here:

1. The Prometheus is a Frankenbuild cobbled together from destroyed Clan mechs. It's pure salvage, not a factory build.
2. The Rakshasa has no Clan tech in it whatsoever, the TRO entry even lists this as its primary shortcoming.

The Prometheus was the test bed for clan tech, that's why I mentioned it. It was purely for testing, and actual production of clan tech-based mechs wasn't going to happen until a long time after it's own production. Which is clearly NOT soon.

As for the Rakshasa. You are correct. I made the mistake of forgetting that it was built to compete with the T-Wolf, using IS tech. We all know how that went (not so well in the competing with the T-Wolf department). It's a good mech, but doesn't come close to the T-Wolf; but yes, I forgot that it didn't have any clan tech in it.

#19 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:06 AM

I pilot both. your argument is biased completly to make it appear your own preferred faction is severly limited and in a disadvantage towards others. You do not do this for the sake of balance, but for personal gaining.

#20 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:06 AM

I don't really have as much fun in my Clan mechs and I have them all. :o

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users