Ability To Set Individual Heat Warning Levels For Each Mech?

3 replies to this topic

Poll: Ability to set individual heat warning levels for each mech? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Ability to set individual heat warning levels for each mech?

1. Yes it would really help a lot of my builds with high heat weapon groups (9 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. No I don't think it's necessasy (6 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 7R1P0D

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:57 AM

Currently the heat warning comes up on every mech when you reach about 80% heat. For most mechs this is alright, but for a lot of mechs it's a bit misleading. For example in the trial timberwolf, if your heat goes down to 79% and the warning stops, and you then fire your two large lasers, you will overheat and shut down.

I have multiple mechs in my garage that overheat if I fire just one of my weapon groups after the heat warning goes away, and it wouldn't be a problem if I could just manually change the heat warning on those mechs from 80% heat to 70% or even just 75%.

It doesn't sound unrealistic as far as the universe goes for pilots to have the ability to change their heat warning threshold for their mechs to whatever they want, and it would mean I'd spend less time staring down at my heat bar number in the middle of a firefight instead of shooting the enemy until the big loud heat warning thing goes away and then shooting him with even more guns

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:48 AM

I voted no, while I am not strongly opposed to the idea I just do not think it is necessary.

Part of the skill of this game is working out how hot your various weapon groups are, and managing that heat. if you fail you overheat, (and often die because of it) or loose DPS, that an average player, like me, will occasionally make that mistake is in my opinion a good thing.

#3 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:24 AM

Its pilot skill which is needed. Custom levels for every warning is a problem in any case. Too confusing for new player. Not needed for older players. Not worth the dev time in my opinion .

#4 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:04 PM

What I want is a means of forcing "overheat shutdown" to not activate until I hit 101, 102, or 105% heat, or if that is too complicated, to have Override simply be toggled on or off and STAY that way until I choose otherwise.

So many times I overheat by the *barest* of smidgens when in all reality I only was over by a percentage point or two, and wouldn't have suffered any real damage from overheating and powering through it via override.

Edited by Telmasa, 25 December 2014 - 07:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users