7 replies to this topic

#1 Illicit Activitie

• PipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUsa

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:38 AM

Can someone tell me the point to taking and holding plants in CW dose your faction or clan get c-bills per plant they hold or is there no befit to holding plants a all right now ?

#2 Accused

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 989 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:42 AM

Not yet. Better though eventually.

#3 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:47 AM

No real point in anything right now. Specially how PGI controls what planets you can attack, even if they are right next to each other. It is really just a longer more elaborate version of assault mode. The more you win, the more blinky planets you get to put your units name on. Rinse and repeat, just like everything else here. There are no real rewards.

p.s. If you are to good at it, be careful. People will cry foul.

Edited by CHH Badkarma, 24 December 2014 - 03:49 AM.

#4 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:50 AM

It is a new gamemode. That is the point of it. And that's it.

#5 Illicit Activitie

• PipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUsa

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:58 AM

In wot you get a income per area you control do you think that's the way cw will go ?

#6 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:04 AM

View PostKhârn, on 24 December 2014 - 03:58 AM, said:

In wot you get a income per area you control do you think that's the way cw will go ?

Honestly who knows at this point. I would like to say yes, but I have my concerns. To date this game mode is the most complex implementation PGI has managed to date. If they do pull that off, it will be a very, very long time down the road.

after all, CW was promised "within 90 days of open beta" and that was years ago...

#7 Shauma

• Pip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:14 AM

I was thinking that they said a while ago, that controling planets and space will bring benefits for the faction doing so, such as per example, controling factory mech production will render in a faction being able to field a specific chasis, but also this was along with logistics lets say the bigger the empire is the more expensive to mantain, hope this will come in time along with new invasion modes and maps cause just attacking or defending a base become quite repeteable but again i am sure they will work on this soonTM :P

Posted Image

#8 Kell Commander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 537 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:21 AM

At the launch event they described something more along these lines:

The Victor is a Davion favorite, and are plentiful throughout the FedSuns. This results in Davion Faction players getting a good discount on this mech. The Raven on the other hand is a Liao favorite, making it more of a black market item in the FedSuns, resulting in it being really expensive. Davion invades Liao space and starts taking planets, the cost of the Raven starts to drop as there is now a bigger supply in the FedSuns.

That was just one of the examples given, and I imagine they will stick to something along those lines.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users