Download Speed.

5 replies to this topic

#1 MrYoda28

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:33 AM

I know that some dev already came out and told people that the dload speed will be **** if you are the 1st one to dload a patch/the whole game in your area. I am dloading the game now, because I wasn't playing it for quite some time, so I uninstalled it. And it's insanely slow - I am downloading at around 100-200kb/s, which is ******* unbelievable, considering my bandwidth is 250mb/s, I will never sit there and wait for a 6gb install to complete for 12 hours, if I am used to dloading most games in 5-10 minutes. Any workarounds available, like torrent dload or something?

#2 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:38 AM

Not that I know of. When the servers are busy its dog slow. Now with CW's demands it must be worse than last time I downloaded. after midnight PST seems to be the fastest for me here on the east coast.

#3 Thejuggla

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:03 AM

Mwo patcher is slow no matter what, i get over 2mbps off steam but mwo is the same as you around 200kbps

#4 MrYoda28

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:19 AM

View PostThejuggla, on 24 December 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

Mwo patcher is slow no matter what, i get over 2mbps off steam but mwo is the same as you around 200kbps

Well, now on average it is 100kb/s for me. I have been downloading the client for 5 hours now, still 1,5gb left and I don't think I will make myself wait that long. That is one really off-putting thing, I like the game, I want to play it again, but that feels really stupid when a game in these days can have a client download speed of ~100kb/s.
Maybe it would not feel that awful some 4 years ago, when I had 10mb/s connection, but now, when I have my 15-25mb/s dload speed on steam, I want atleast 1-2mb/s dload speed in any game at least.

#5 Allen Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 376 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:44 AM

I'm experiencing the same here in Germany now. Want to install on a new notebook and download will take at least 8 hrs...
It's not my connection or provider. A steam download of several GB took a few minutes, I have 50MBit/s Cable here. And the darn download server is slow as back in the 90s... how much ***** can they feed us?

#6 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:26 PM

The patch download is not tied to the game server in any way. The patches are delivered through a third party worldwide network of servers.

Sometimes a download can be rather slow. For me it usually helps to stop the download, close the patcher and restart the process. Most times I get a faster lane on the second try.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users