Steiner Breaking Alliance

67 replies to this topic

#41 Liam Avery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Steiner Space. Fighting the Clans.

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:40 AM

The situation was resolved... it had to take one of our high command members in the Rangers to tell them what I told them in a drop...

#42 NextGame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:42 AM

thanks for the warm up, we are going after the purple budgies now.

I hope they are ready ;)

Edited by NextGame, 24 December 2014 - 08:47 AM.

#43 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:44 AM

If everyone agrees to just dropping for fun and stave off the boredom, why not do it.

I think AS would to challenge some different pilots.

Don't think of it as an alliance break. Think of it as a scrimmage between friends.

Get out there fight them. IF I was not at work myself right now I would be out there having fun fighting a top Merc Corps....

#44 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:00 AM

View PostNextGame, on 24 December 2014 - 08:42 AM, said:

I hope they are ready ;)

I'm stuck here watching "Mr Magoo Christmas Carol". While I can't fight, I can remember, and remember I shall.

#45 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:00 AM

View PostPodex, on 24 December 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

I'm stuck here watching "Mr Magoo Christmas Carol". While I can't fight, I can remember, and remember I shall.

kk

We have a minor diversion at the moment fighting the green budgies, so you have time ;)

I think that, as a community, we should make a point of shooting as many mechs from the bird factions as possible, something needs to be on the table for xmas dinner after all.

Edited by NextGame, 24 December 2014 - 09:03 AM.

#46 Psikez

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:25 AM

Payment for cancelling attacks from Robinson Rangers has arrived. We thank Davion for their business and look forward to continued monetary gains for both parties.

#47 Crimson Angel

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:08 AM

Crimson with feet up in the cockpit of his Battlemaster, counting C-Bills with background sounds of gunfire and screaming.

"Went just like we planed boys, who says war and breaking alliances doesn't pay"

Edited by Crimson Angel, 24 December 2014 - 10:12 AM.

#48 Zerex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:08 PM

Just to weight in on this, it was i who lead Antares Scorpions into Davion space today, just for some friendly practice, as Davion claim to have "2 of the most battle hard pilots" we thought training against worthy opponents seemed fine. we wouldn't have picked Davion, as we were trying Marik but after 30 minutes queuing on the Marik boarder with no game we looked else where. Graham IV already had a part defending parting sitting in queue so we saw a quick game and took it, we played 3 games there and left, hardly a threatening or planet flipping attack, if Kesmai hadn't started several threads on all the forums about it, we would have been and gone without any upsets, and some friendly in house ComFed training would have been shared by all, these were the IS vs IS games i have played and found them enjoyable (and profitable).

View PostNextGame, on 24 December 2014 - 08:42 AM, said:

I hope they are ready ;)

Dubhe is at 100% Steiner so i guess they weren't ready for us

#49 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:17 PM

ok, i gues now it´s me to apologize for rallying a defence?
well then, sorry that i ruined your friendly training scrimmage and i swear i will never do it again.
oh,by the way, when i dropped in there where over 40 attackers and just 9 defenders.

#50 Zerex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:31 PM

View Postkesmai, on 24 December 2014 - 04:17 PM, said:

ok, i gues now it´s me to apologize for rallying a defence?
well then, sorry that i ruined your friendly training scrimmage and i swear i will never do it again.
oh,by the way, when i dropped in there where over 40 attackers and just 9 defenders.

you fought against us on all 3 drops, how can we attack a planet that at that point had 0 attacks, get you in the first drop we have (which was the first fight on the planet) but you say it has over 40 attackers.

i already said "yes we started it" for some IS vs IS training, But starting 2 threads about a tiny 1 hour skirmish seems over kill, if we stayed for 4-5 hours with with our 2 12 man groups hitting it at the same time, then yes i would agree you could see that as a full attack, but we came with just 8 united players. if there was 40+ attacks, as its been said we can't control Pugs.

Next time we are looking for some IS vs IS practice we go through more formal channels.

And u didn't ruin it for us, ruining it would have been not defending, Marik ruined it for us already by not even showing up, thats why came to see the beautiful planet Graham IV

Edited by Zerex, 24 December 2014 - 04:36 PM.

#51 Crimson Angel

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:27 PM

Four giants walked through what had, until a short while ago, been Graham IV's city's market square. The pounding of their steps shaking what few windows were left in the windows of the building around them. These giants of metal scanned left and right, their gaze always looking, never ceasing, in assessment of their surroundings. At a distance one could easily mistake them for people.

But then up close, the lie of that was shown.

Some of them standing close to 20m tall, these were Battlemechs, the most powerful of mankind's creations designed for killing his fellow man. Housing weapons that could level entire city blocks, the only realistic way to stop a battlemech, was with another battlemech.

Leading this 4 man group, known as a lance, was one of the most powerful of these creations of destruction. A 85 ton Battlemaster, piloted by Captain Crimson Angel of the mercenary unit Antares Scorpions. Still scanning his surroundings, Crimson key his Mic to transmit.

"Scorpio 1, Scorpio Actual, report".

Waiting for the reply, he listened to the sound of his machines footsteps and the massive Vlar XL400 powering his mech. The sound of slight static announced the incoming message.

"Scorpio 1 reporting, all clear sir, they put a decent fight but we got em in the end"

Nodding to himself, he worked his controls to move his mech around the smoldering remains of what, until a short while ago, had been an AFFS militia centurion. His lance, consisting of a 65 ton Thunderbolt, Jagermech and a 50 ton Hunchback, closely followed behind. Crimson keyed the transmit switch,

"Damage assessment Scorpio 1"

"Not much sir, by the time they realized what was going on, it was all ready over"

"Very good Scorpio 1, link up with us at grid K7-D3, Scorpio Actual out". Easing himself back into his pilot seat, he allowed himself to relax a bit, flicking a switch on his audio control panel.

"Scorpio 2, this is Scorpio Actual, report"

"Scorpio 2 here sir, we have an enemy Victor backed into a corner here, but he is putting up a bit of a fight, could really use that Battlemaster of yours"

"Roger Scorpio 2, ETA 5 minutes for Scorpio Actual, keep him running hot". Pushing the throttle forward, he eased his mech up to 70kph, the massive engine beneath purring in response.

"Anything else to report Scorpio 2?"

"Yes sir, the enemy pilot is demanding to speak to you, he's screaming about us breaking the Steiner-Davion ceasefire", he could hear the smile in his lance commanders voice. Now that, he though to himself, was quite amusing.

"Scorpio 2, you can tell him that I will be there soon to discuss that with him, personally. Scorpio Actual out". The Anatares Scorpion Captain once again adjusted his ACP,

"Acolyte Marius how do you read"

"Read you 5 Captain" replied the Comstar member.

"Send this message to Colonel Mango on Dubhe and Lyran High Command". He allowed himself a grin before continuing,

"Inform them that Operation Snow-White is complete, will rendezvous on Dubhe in 2 months"

Edited by Crimson Angel, 27 December 2014 - 07:07 AM.

#52 Liam Avery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Steiner Space. Fighting the Clans.

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:17 PM

View PostZerex, on 24 December 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

you fought against us on all 3 drops, how can we attack a planet that at that point had 0 attacks, get you in the first drop we have (which was the first fight on the planet) but you say it has over 40 attackers.

i already said "yes we started it" for some IS vs IS training, But starting 2 threads about a tiny 1 hour skirmish seems over kill, if we stayed for 4-5 hours with with our 2 12 man groups hitting it at the same time, then yes i would agree you could see that as a full attack, but we came with just 8 united players. if there was 40+ attacks, as its been said we can't control Pugs.

Next time we are looking for some IS vs IS practice we go through more formal channels.

And u didn't ruin it for us, ruining it would have been not defending, Marik ruined it for us already by not even showing up, thats why came to see the beautiful planet Graham IV

I'll happily chalk what happened up as training exercises. The battles were well fought on your end.

#53 D34K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 304 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 25 December 2014 - 02:11 AM

*** Press Release ***

Date: Dec 25th, 3051

Antares Scorpions (unit tag AS), a merc unit currently contracted to House Steiner known for its cost-effective destruction of hostile forces and its "buy one get one free" planetary conquest contracts, at this stage cannot confirm or deny the presence of its Mech Warriors on Graham IV and/or the Marik-Steiner border. Any suggestion that they were there and were armed with "enough PPCs to push Davion's poo back in" are rumour and misinformation. Further, the purpose of this alleged "training exercise" against Inner Sphere forces being to prepare for a switch of allegiance to an unknown Clan faction are also rumour and misinformation.

Any activity concerning the actions of Antares Scorpions not documented in its official press releases are rumour and misinformation. Persons spreading such libelous claims will be pursued by our lawyers for damages that affect our good reputation.

Antares Scorpions - "dirty deeds done dirt cheap"

*** Transmission Ends ***

Edited by D34K, 25 December 2014 - 02:15 AM.

#54 IIIuminaughty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:03 PM

Forum peace treaties are bullshit

#55 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:13 PM

View PostIIIuminaughty, on 26 December 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

Forum peace treaties are bullshit

Nobody is holding a gun to your head. Go do your thing. We all drop in pug matches all the time with folks who don't/won't stick to the plan. This ain't new. Go nuts rockstar, run off solo and take some planets. I see this all the time, nobody here is surprised or is surprised by the results.

Send a post card.

#56 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:16 PM

Just get on with it and beat each other to death... so much dribble and chatter, not enough beatings

#57 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:17 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 26 December 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

Go nuts rockstar, run off solo and take some planets. I see this all the time, nobody here is surprised or is surprised by the results.

Send a post card.

Posted Image

#58 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:18 PM

View PostKeira RAVEN McKenna, on 26 December 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

Just get on with it and beat each other to death... so much dribble and chatter, not enough beatings

Working on it but got to do something while waiting for a drop.

#59 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:33 PM

Stay classy, Blood Pearls.

#60 Sky Hunter

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:37 PM

The Star Commander looks into the viewer one more time before the jumpship he is riding rips a hole into space and time leaving a light scar in it's wake, the viewer shakes as static covers the screen, his vision tunneling for a moment as the rapture slams him back into his seat for an instant before he is compelled to lean forward in his restraints as they appear on the other side of the jump. As he had expected, new information was being fed directly to his comm, a grim smile splashing across his visage even as the sound of his dropship breaking free rattled his endo steel cage, the vibration through the hulking behemoth was about the same as if getting hit by a dozen LRMs and then nothing but silent stillness before the dropship's engines roared to life.

The Inner Sphere's greatest allies were attacking one another, had never really stopped, not even for the Clans invading. The news reports supplied by ComStar were as addictive as a good soap opera assuming the Soap Opera provided that it had allot of laser fire and car chases but he would look to the time and sigh. It would be a few more hours before they made planet fall and without bothering to check more news feeds he dropped a disc into slot provided by the viewer. An old movie disc from Terra had cost him a uniform and a few ration packs. Solaris, a Russian made movie from 1961 grew on his viewer's screen as he eased back into his seat, thoughts going to the conflict that was being reported so close to Terra. Would they ever stop fighting each other long enough to even notice the Clans? The Federated Commonwealth was attacking itself? Was this some sort of Trial of Possession? Perhaps training?

His thoughts drifted away from the memory of the infighting reports as his attention focused on the movie, switching off the interior lighting of his mech and polarizing windows would make the flickering screen wash him in a soft blue glow... it was time to watch a millennium old movie. A last thought before his mind was melted away by the movie... why was his Galaxy using commercial dropships? What was wrong with the Clan Dropships which had all been redesigned to carry 5 mechs or multiples of 5? Or why does the Clans have sooooo many IS Leopard Class dropships that they need to keep dropping in Lances of 4 instead of Stars of 5?

Edited by Sky Hunter, 26 December 2014 - 03:38 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users