8 Win Undefended Zone Cap Limit

25 replies to this topic

Poll: Undefended Attack/Counter Attack Limit (58 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want undefended attacks/counter attacks capped at the +/- 50% mark?

1. Yes, cap undefended ghost attacks/counter attacks at the +/- 50% mark. (42 votes [72.41%])

Percentage of vote: 72.41%

2. No, I do not think a ghost cap limit is needed. (16 votes [27.59%])

Percentage of vote: 27.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:58 PM

Speaking of PGI pleasantly surprising you... do you still have the screenshot of your salty island cockpit item?

I missed it when you linked it in twitch chat.

#22 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:01 PM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 25 December 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

Speaking of PGI pleasantly surprising you... do you still have the screenshot of your salty island cockpit item?

I missed it when you linked it in twitch chat.

Posted Image

I keep forgetting to get an in-cockpit one, every time I think of it is right after the mech is destroyed. I'll try to get one tonight.

#23 GrizzlyViking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:22 AM

View PostJman5, on 25 December 2014 - 02:53 PM, said:

My only concern is some last minute shenanigans on defense particularly for small population factions. So you ignore a planet all day and in the last minute you jump into the empty queue to knock it back down 1. Maybe in practice it wont be a problem, but it's worth thinking about.

What if you have a ghost win quota that slowly increases as you get closer to the ceasefire. So every few hours you can ghost win another pip.

If you re-read the original post you will find that "last minute shenanigans on defense" would be irrelevant. If there are no opposing forces, then defending faction ghost wins only count until the planet drops below 50% and all other ghost wins would be disqualified after the planet is below 50%. The same rule applies for both attackers and defenders at the 50% mark ghost wins cease. If there are any "shenanigans" they would be equal for both sides at any time, not just end of cycle. To put it simply, a defending force could only knock a planet down to 7 with ghost wins, not 1. An attacking force would get ghost wins up to 8.

Edited by GrizzlyViking, 26 December 2014 - 08:36 AM.

#24 Mogney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 492 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:27 AM

I voted yes, but I really want it much less than that. no more than 1 of the wins.

#25 NextGame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:34 AM

ghost caps are fine, what should happen is that people should play forum warrior less, and play the game more (i.e. defend their planets)

it should not be made easier for people active around the ceasefire timer to just log on for 30 mins and flip a planet back.

Edited by NextGame, 26 December 2014 - 08:35 AM.

#26 GrizzlyViking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:38 AM

View PostNextGame, on 26 December 2014 - 08:34 AM, said:

ghost caps are fine, what should happen is that people should play forum warrior less, and play the game more (i.e. defend their planets)

it should not be made easier for people active around the ceasefire timer to just log on for 30 mins and flip a planet back.

Also mentioned in this thread are random unannounced CF times, which would eliminate the issue you are speaking to.

Edited by GrizzlyViking, 26 December 2014 - 08:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users