Counterattack Issues

1 reply to this topic

#1 Fate 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:38 AM

I understand that CW is supposed to be good for premade groups. However, counterattacks are just the worst thing I can think of for this mode. IS is composed largely of non-premade groups (or at least when I drop solo that has been my experience), and there is nowhere near enough coordination (or player skill) to mount an attack especially if people just stick with their slow derpy defense mech drop with LRMs (which ALWAYS happens).

I like defense. I like defense against Clan teams because it seems like Clanners actually understand how Attack works. I like Attacking with a coordinated group. But dropping for a defense and ending up on offense with a bunch of people who don't know how (some don't even know how to open the gates) is just a waste of time and effort.

It could be that the event is pulling in people who just aren't at all prepared for the mode, but I've got people with MC only mechs just sitting back and playing Skirmish instead of CW. Maybe there just aren't enough people in matchmaking so it drops defenders on offense with higher frequency.

The problem remains, how the heck do we prepare for a tactical mode that actually just drops you in a random map/planet/side regardless of what we initially select? My drop deck works for both offense and defense, but for a lot of other people that's not the case and they either stick with what they queued with or switch to something mediocre (neither of which is generally good).

#2 Variant1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:06 AM

Yeah that is pretty huge problem. I know CW is made for premades and all but my main issue is selecting to DEFEND only to end up attacking, like seriously wtf? And then selecting attack only to end up defending...... What im asking for is consistency.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users