Can It Be Vr Time Now?

4 replies to this topic

#1 MourningZero

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:53 PM

As a free to play, MWO would benefit greatly from adopting VR support early. Hear me out - your avatar sitting down while controlling a vehicle is the most comfortable experience available in VR at this time (see all the buzz for Elite: Dangerous), and the technology is gaining a lot of traction with Oculus, Samsung, Sony, Microsoft, Apple, and Google all beginning to announce their opening moves. When these products start appearing (some are out there already: Rift DK2, GearVR) people will be looking for content, particularly free content to try out and demo to friends.
So MWO is perfect setup for showcasing VR, and VR is probably coming soon. I believe MWO could be the definitive mech experience, with support.

Or, someone else can beat you to it:
http://youtu.be/kI1T__sbx2o

#2 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:55 PM

I thought it already supports OR?

#3 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:56 PM

YES! YES!
YESSSSSS!
Also, for the love of god, headbob!

#4 MourningZero

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:16 PM

View PostSandpit, on 24 December 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

I thought it already supports OR?

Not natively yet. Anything you see with MWO being used on the Oculus Rift is through a secondary program called VorpX or Tridef which are very rudimentary hacks (and also cost $). These both turn your view into a stereoscopic view, and make the mouse cursor follow your head tilt/swivel. Developer support is needed to optimize the game for VR to get the very high framerates required and allow things like full head motion tracking or the ability to look one way and aim the other with the mouse.

#5 orcrist86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:35 PM

Mwo currently supports track ir type devices. Also supports 3d. Integrated support is on the docket for later as far as I know.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users