I Am Happy You Are Able To Laugh At Yourselves Pgi

54 replies to this topic

#41 Deathsani

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:10 PM

I could care less what the original rules were. I never played the table top but from what I have heard it was only balanced to "teams" so the individual players would get screwed. As an individual player, I don't like being screwed so that some ******* can feel superior in his zelbriggan nonsense. In the same sense I want the IS mechs I go toe to toe with to have a unique and effective playstyle that matches mine in capacity.

I don't care what the flamer did in the TT, I just want it to do something useful here. Like make the target hotter, or noticably hurt them more than a laser would at the brutally short range.

#42 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:15 PM

View PostDeathsani, on 25 December 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

I could care less what the original rules were. I never played the table top but from what I have heard it was only balanced to "teams" so the individual players would get screwed. As an individual player, I don't like being screwed so that some ******* can feel superior in his zelbriggan nonsense. In the same sense I want the IS mechs I go toe to toe with to have a unique and effective playstyle that matches mine in capacity.

I don't care what the flamer did in the TT, I just want it to do something useful here. Like make the target hotter, or noticably hurt them more than a laser would at the brutally short range.

Originally, flamers were useful. Too useful, as MWO made them into constant fire heat stunners capable of locking a Mech and slowly damaging it to death. Now, they're swung to near useless.

#43 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:23 PM

Posted Image

Would love to know what happened with this. Sounds like it was planned and then never happened?

View PostMarcel Bekker, on 24 December 2014 - 11:54 PM, said:

I would say they suffer much more from the heat threshold raised up to eleven in MWO, that and the lack of any heat side effects until you are at 100% heat. In TT you could heat an enemy up and mess with his targeting and movement because of the effects that get worse and worse the more your heat approaches the 30 value, with the mech getting slower and harder to aim accurately with as well as having a slight shutdown risk, all that at just 50% of maximum heat.

The great thing about flamers in TT is being able to set the environment on fire to impede movement and targeting. I don't think that'll ever happen in MWO though. :[

#44 Deathsani

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:15 PM

I really would love to see the implementation of heat penalties. Anything to help with this pinpoint-alpha nonsense.

#45 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:18 PM

View Postaniviron, on 25 December 2014 - 06:23 PM, said:

Would love to know what happened with this. Sounds like it was planned and then never happened?

That's when they got the flamers to over-heat mechs, then they dialed it down to 90%, and increased it's heat produciton on it's own mech.

#46 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:00 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 25 December 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

That's when they got the flamers to over-heat mechs, then they dialed it down to 90%, and increased it's heat produciton on it's own mech.

No, I took the screenshot, I should know. Also, if you look at the dates and read the whole conversation, you'll note that this conversation occurred around the Firestarter's release 10 months ago; flamers haven't been able to overheat people since back in beta.

The change that was mentioned in that conversation never happened. Flamers have not been touched since that screenshot was taken last February.

#47 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:24 PM

View Postaniviron, on 25 December 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

No, I took the screenshot, I should know. Also, if you look at the dates and read the whole conversation, you'll note that this conversation occurred around the Firestarter's release 10 months ago; flamers haven't been able to overheat people since back in beta.

The change that was mentioned in that conversation never happened. Flamers have not been touched since that screenshot was taken last February.

I may be wrong, but I could have sworn they did something to the flamers around that time.

#48 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:41 PM

I think they buffed flamer's chance to crit then.

Oh well, I still have the memory of killing a whale with a 6 flamer Hunchback. Sure, both its STs were open, but let me have my victory.

#49 Felio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:50 PM

There was the time I broke 100 damage with a 12 flamer Nova. No, it didn't cause anyone to overheat, but it was pretty tense there.

#50 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 11:13 PM

View PostDeathsani, on 25 December 2014 - 07:15 PM, said:

I really would love to see the implementation of heat penalties. Anything to help with this pinpoint-alpha nonsense.

Heat penalties are not there to limit "pinpoint alphas", there was no such thing in TT in the first place (with few exceptions). It's there to make low weight energy weapons equal in weight and crit space with ballistic ones by installing "enough" heatsinks. Pinpoint aplhas is completely different issue caused by lack of any kind of mechanic that was supposed to replace hit allocation in TT.

Edited by kapusta11, 25 December 2014 - 11:16 PM.

#51 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:17 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 25 December 2014 - 11:13 PM, said:

Heat penalties are not there to limit "pinpoint alphas", there was no such thing in TT in the first place (with few exceptions). It's there to make low weight energy weapons equal in weight and crit space with ballistic ones by installing "enough" heatsinks. Pinpoint aplhas is completely different issue caused by lack of any kind of mechanic that was supposed to replace hit allocation in TT.

Targeting Computers made Pinpoint Alphas possible. Aimed shots wherever you wanted.

#52 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:45 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 26 December 2014 - 12:17 AM, said:

Targeting Computers made Pinpoint Alphas possible. Aimed shots wherever you wanted.

At the cost of massive "to hit" penalty and tonnage spent on Targeting Computer itself. Few exceptions don't change the whole point

#53 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:49 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 26 December 2014 - 12:45 AM, said:

At the cost of massive "to hit" penalty and tonnage spent on Targeting Computer itself. Few exceptions don't change the whole point

Yep, my point was that pinpoint alphas did happen in TT ( I've ran into entire hordes of people that thought PP alphas don't happen in TT at all).

#54 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:21 AM

View PostKraftySOT, on 25 December 2014 - 09:31 AM, said:

Does no one ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, these jerks have no idea what "fun" is?

I just found your problem. You are incapable of comprehending that other people aren't you. You think everyone should have fun the same way you do.

You are the "Stop having fun the wrong way" guy. It's sad. It's pathetic. And I'm pretty sure most of the community would appreciate it if you kept it to yourself. And if you must share, get a therapist, none of us are getting paid to deal with you.

#55 Marcel Bekker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:38 AM

View PostEscef, on 26 December 2014 - 01:21 AM, said:

I just found your problem. You are incapable of comprehending that other people aren't you. You think everyone should have fun the same way you do.

You are the "Stop having fun the wrong way" guy. It's sad. It's pathetic. And I'm pretty sure most of the community would appreciate it if you kept it to yourself. And if you must share, get a therapist, none of us are getting paid to deal with you.

^
What he said

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users