Clan Lbx Fix And Is Ac20 Bug

9 replies to this topic

#1 fireball 4

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:55 PM

I have not seen anything on clan lbx ammo changing lately and I didn’t know if it was canceled postponed or otherwise forgotten.

I am hoping that they will be burst fire and not 1 shot like the IS ACs. Maybe turn the scatter shot round in to bust fire as well.

Balance is key but lore is also important right now the is ACs are superior to the clan ones it’s not often that you can get more than 1 burst on target and it’s not going to be nearly as pp as is ACs.

On a side note has anyone noticed the IS AC20 going through their targets?

Edited by fireball 4, 24 December 2014 - 05:01 PM.

#2 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:13 PM

If they do something with the clan LBX ammo, it is likely a lower priority for now. The fix as of right now is the regular clan AC's. We have UAC, LBX, and then regular AC is supposed to be the "switch ammo" for LBX, basically though it is an ultra with no jam chance but no double shot either.

Most think this was not a good decision, as because of the slot/tonnage thing, pretty much you will never see anyone running a regular AC. Why would you, the UAC is the same mechanically and offers a double shot if you want it. I would prefer some tweaks to these AC myself, might as well make them unique IMO, barring actual switch ammo LBX function.

As for AC20 hits, that is a HSR/PING issue, and comes and goes as they mess with code and traffic changes on the servers. If you see it doing that on a target, what i do is just find another target if possible. It is usually some combination of yours and the target's ping creating some packet loss issues or other thing the HSR code on the server can't iron out. last night i had a match I smacked 3 30 point pin point alphas into a yellow internals SHUT DOWN awesome 9M. Only one shot counted, and did no dmg. i gave up on that target, someone else hit him with some lasers and he blew. it's just the nature of things right now, I am sure they work continuously to improve it.

#3 That Guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:27 PM

View Postfireball 4, on 24 December 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

On a side note has anyone noticed the IS AC20 going through their targets?

"looks like that one went right through!"
spent about 10 min looking though youtube for that WoT crew voice clip, but alas cant seem to find it. a joke wasted

anyway, no i have not noticed that AC20s are going through targets. some times PPCs seems to exhibit that behavior however.

the ammo switching for clan LBX was sort of delt with by having the LBX and then "standard" clan ACs. it is my understanding that this was intended to be a standing solution, though in time who knows, ammo switching could be done.

i think variable ammo types could be doable with weapon modules, but it would not be switchable in combat.

#4 fireball 4

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:13 PM

View PostThat Guy, on 24 December 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

"looks like that one went right through!"
spent about 10 min looking though youtube for that WoT crew voice clip, but alas cant seem to find it. a joke wasted

anyway, no i have not noticed that AC20s are going through targets. some times PPCs seems to exhibit that behavior however.

the ammo switching for clan LBX was sort of delt with by having the LBX and then "standard" clan ACs. it is my understanding that this was intended to be a standing solution, though in time who knows, ammo switching could be done.

i think variable ammo types could be doable with weapon modules, but it would not be switchable in combat.

liked the joke, but swiching ammo was the plan from the begining in the posts for the 1st clan pack. it was intended to be done in game like the TT game. I have noticed the ppc doing that two tho.

View PostEldagore, on 24 December 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

I would prefer some tweaks to these AC myself, might as well make them unique IMO, barring actual switch ammo LBX function.

As for AC20 hits, that is a HSR/PING issue, and comes and goes as they mess with code and traffic changes on the servers. If you see it doing that on a target, what i do is just find another target if possible. It is usually some combination of yours and the target's ping creating some packet loss issues or other thing the HSR code on the server can't iron out. last night i had a match I smacked 3 30 point pin point alphas into a yellow internals SHUT DOWN awesome 9M. Only one shot counted, and did no dmg. i gave up on that target, someone else hit him with some lasers and he blew. it's just the nature of things right now, I am sure they work continuously to improve it.

Are you referring to the c lbx or the c ac?

Hitting with 1 AC shot and not all three is not a ping issue thats bad hit reg right? Because that what i'm talking about not hitting a light going 140kph. My ping is a constant 51 so lag is not a problem.

Edited by fireball 4, 24 December 2014 - 06:18 PM.

#5 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:54 PM

View Postfireball 4, on 24 December 2014 - 06:13 PM, said:

Hitting with 1 AC shot and not all three is not a ping issue thats bad hit reg right? Because that what i'm talking about not hitting a light going 140kph. My ping is a constant 51 so lag is not a problem.

I do not know if this would apply to you or not, but I have noticed that pilots here have a bad tendency to not lead the target with PPC's/ballistics... The amount not of times my Mad Dog has danced through the weapons fire from Dakka Wolves, because they did not lead me is astounding.

#6 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:49 PM

Never noticed the bug with ballistics. Its a known problem with PPCs.

#7 zeves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:59 PM

ive shot straight trough people with gauss, so wouldnt be suprised if the same could happen with regular balistics

#8 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:32 PM

I have noticed hitreg issues with AC20s. However, I doubt it is unique to that weapon. And is probably a ping/HSR issue. I do most of my playing when Europeans and Aussies are on, and the difference between their ping and mine (usually 100 or more) and Host State Rewind's attempts to compensate are my best guess as to why. When you have to significantly lead a slow mech at a range of under 100 meters to get hitreg, there's an issue somewhere.

#9 generalazure

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 02:33 AM

As proud owner of an ac40 jager, I can confirm that some mechs appear to be hollow cardboard. Crows just standing there and staring me in the face at <100m are the worst offenders imho.

#10 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:52 PM

View PostEldagore, on 24 December 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

If they do something with the clan LBX ammo, it is likely a lower priority for now. The fix as of right now is the regular clan AC's. We have UAC, LBX, and then regular AC is supposed to be the "switch ammo" for LBX, basically though it is an ultra with no jam chance but no double shot either.

Most think this was not a good decision, as because of the slot/tonnage thing, pretty much you will never see anyone running a regular AC. Why would you, the UAC is the same mechanically and offers a double shot if you want it. I would prefer some tweaks to these AC myself, might as well make them unique IMO, barring actual switch ammo LBX function.

If there were ammo types in the game for ACs, there would be a reason to take a conventional AC over an LB AC, because as far as I'm aware the LBs can't fire special munitions outside of the pellet/slug duality. ACs can. Another way to differentiate them would be to give ACs a higher rate of fire in streams, and let the LBs fire single rounds at a lower rate.

Giving ammo switching only to the Clans would also be totally ridiculous.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users