Taking Ages To Find A Battle

5 replies to this topic

#1 Rex Budman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 841 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:04 AM

Just wondering why it is taking so long to find a drop in community warfare? Longest I've waited is about 40 minutes before I quit.

I have a lot of fun in the matches so I sort of don't mind a long wait but was hoping someone had some insight on it.

#2 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:11 AM

In general, or just today? Because today is kinda', sorta' the biggest holiday of the year, and people tend to spend it away from the computer. Crazy talk, I know.

As for in general, groups get priority seating over solo players, and larger groups get priority over smaller groups. So, if you're trying to go solo you can get some really long wait times.

#3 LowSubmarino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:24 AM

Apart from the fps drop that is the main reason why its just no fun. Waiting 1 - 3 mins in the normal - assault, skirmish, etc. - que is np at all.

But waiting 10 - 30 mins most of the time is just way too much. I wanne play a game when i want to play a game not when the game, at some distant point in the future, chooses to accomodate that wish.

#4 Rex Budman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 841 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:34 AM

View Postoneda, on 25 December 2014 - 06:24 AM, said:

Apart from the fps drop that is the main reason why its just no fun. Waiting 1 - 3 mins in the normal - assault, skirmish, etc. - que is np at all.

But waiting 10 - 30 mins most of the time is just way too much. I wanne play a game when i want to play a game not when the game, at some distant point in the future, chooses to accomodate that wish.

Oh, did your FPS drop too after the patch or something?

#5 Violent Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:17 AM

I looked at CW earlier and saw about 6 player total in different queues and thought "Haha!" I guess some of you guys were in there. So what I did was have my mechs painted red and white (wish pgi would just give in to my requests for mech hats) and went on a killing spree in MWO Vanilla where all the clever people went. Bit disappointed I wasn't able to colonise the whole galaxy while everyone was away.. but hey.. "It's Chistmaaaaas!"

Idiot's.. :P

Edited by Violent Nick, 25 December 2014 - 07:19 AM.

#6 luigi256

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:21 AM

Yeah it could just be the holiday. A lot of people might not be playing today. I've found a bunch of matches in conquest and skirmish though so there are players out there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users