Clan Hero Mechs?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Tool Box

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 219 posts
  • LocationDealing with a lance of enemies by myself.

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:09 AM

Any plans to ever make a hero mech for the clanners even though the inner sphere mechs don't all have one? I would really like to pilot the Widowmaker. :) I love my Direwolves, Now I'm about to boast but, just got 4 1ks in a row in pug matches. <3 Dire wolf. Dire wolf is love Dire wolf is life . Let the great death destroy all who gaze at her.<3

Edited by Tool Box, 25 December 2014 - 12:10 AM.

#2 Manei Domini Krigg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,005 posts
  • Locationred team

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:00 AM

Its because no REAL heroes at Clans => No her mechs!
:P

#3 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,470 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:15 AM

They have to figure out how to implement Clan Heroes first. The Omnipod system and the Hero 'Mech system do not work well together at all, not if Piranha wants to avoid a bunch of mouthbreathing neckbeards shrieking "P2W! P2W!! PEE TWO DUBBLEJOO!!!1!" at the top of their lungs for the next thousand years.

#4 Shaka808

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHonolulu

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:43 AM

you can have widowmaker if we can have Hohiro or Prometheus. :)

Edited by Shaka808, 25 December 2014 - 01:43 AM.

#5 fleshwoundNPG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGreencastle, Indiana USA

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:54 AM

I think many of the Clan customized "Hero" mechs in Lore can be made with the omnipods the stock loadout has.

Widowmaker

The preferred configuration of the Black Widow Natasha Kerensky, the Widowmaker can do a great deal of damage at any range. For long range combat, an ER PPC backed up by a Large Pulse Laser mounted in each arm. For close combat, the Widowmaker carries three ER Medium Lasers, an ER Small Laser, and an Ultra Autocannon/20. This mix of weaponry served Natasha Kerensky well until her death at the hands of Jade Falcon Star Commander Joanna. The Widowmaker now rests on the floor of the Great Gash on Twycross, in silent memorial to its legendary pilot.

>>>SMURFY-MECHLAB-LOADOUT-LINK<<<

#6 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:37 AM

Buy a Clan mech A La Carte and voila, you got your Hero in the Prime version.

Edited by El Bandito, 25 December 2014 - 04:37 AM.

#7 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:54 AM

I actually turned my DWF-Prime(I) into a Widowmaker-lite. I left off the medium and small lasers in exchange for extra heat sinks and a targeting computer, but kept the dual PPCs, dual LPLs, and Ultra AC-20. Actually has served me quite well, though runs pretty hot. If I had the torso pods for the medium lasers I'd be more likely to consider them, don't like the idea of having to move them to the arms.

#8 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWarShip Sleipnir, Spinward-Coreward Quadrant

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:05 AM

View Post1453 R, on 25 December 2014 - 01:15 AM, said:

They have to figure out how to implement Clan Heroes first. The Omnipod system and the Hero 'Mech system do not work well together at all, not if Piranha wants to avoid a bunch of mouthbreathing neckbeards shrieking &quot;P2W! P2W!! PEE TWO DUBBLEJOO!!!1!&quot; at the top of their lungs for the next thousand years.

They could sell the pods themselves and you get the bonuses only when all pods are used. But I'm not sure how I would like buying pods for MC...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users