Better Weapons For Cw Now!

24 replies to this topic

#1 RolfS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:38 AM

I was playing CW in my thunderbolt-5SS two days ago which has a lot of medium pulse lasers and the enemy zerg rushes me in their timber wolfs. This one guy simply walks past me while I keep blasting his timber wolf with my medium pulse lasers. The guy simply walks past me and I keep blasting the timber wolf in the rear while running after him.
Sure he dies but not before eliminating one of the generators and as it happens that is the current best strategy in CW. Thats simply wrong.....

Posted Image

The guns in MWO have NO STOPPING power. This makes it very difficult to organize a shooting line against zerg rush attackers or even have a shoot out in CW. In my experience trying to kill all of the enemy mechs takes more than 30 minutes which means zerg rush is still only viable tactic for attacker. A normal skirmish game is about 12 minutes which means time constraints in CW should be 12 * 4 (since we have 4 mechs) or 50 minutes. I don't think increasing match time is good instead damage of weapons should be increased one way or another.

The mech I used was..
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9cea1863d0df921

#2 JackOfDiamonds

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:40 AM

Did you try shooting for the legs, or just spray laser vomit everywhere?

Because if you go legs, three shots will do it.

#3 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:13 AM

Posted Image

I don't even....
Really?

Edited by W A R K H A N, 25 December 2014 - 07:15 AM.

#4 cacti46

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:25 AM

With that many mpl's there is no reason you couldn't leg at least 1 mech. none.Me thinks you need to go back to the weapons range and zero out your rifle mister.

I will say however I would like to see a smoke consumable similar to say the artillery consumable to obscure visibility. That would be pretty cool and dang handy for rushes and taking down gates.

Edited by cacti46, 25 December 2014 - 07:30 AM.

#5 Squirtbox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 149 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:29 AM

Even with my near 300 ping my 5SS has no issues dealing damage. It's oh so joyous when I chance upon a glorious rear torso. It generally helps if you aim for the rear ct and not the sides.

#6 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:33 AM

Leg them!

#7 Basskicker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:43 AM

Legs.... go for the legs. A legged mech is for the most part out of the fight. Legs are easier to hit with the hit reg issues having been addressed. Time wasted trying to kill mechs that could have been/are legged is more time for the enemy to push the objective.

It would be nice for knockdowns to be implemented for CW as it would provide defenders and attackers another level of immersion.

#8 Xorloc

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:45 AM

From what ive played of cw its all about legging..... no honor in that

#9 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:47 AM

Not better weapons.
Use the ones you have better.
Sweep the legs.
Focus fire.

This video should help:

#10 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:04 AM

Better aim is what op meant

#11 On1m

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:20 AM

View PostRolfS, on 25 December 2014 - 06:38 AM, said:

A normal skirmish game is about 12 minutes which means time constraints in CW should be 12 * 4 (since we have 4 mechs) or 50 minutes. I don't think increasing match time is good instead damage of weapons should be increased one way or another.

I think you need to work on your accuracy and bring down that time to kill. In my experience most skirmish matches last less than 5 minutes and those that take longer are because somebody is hiding in a corner. If you have the mouse and software that can do this I would suggest upping the DPI to the max and lowering the sensitivity. This will allow for the accurate reporting of small changes in aim and make it easier to focus the same area.

Your weapons are plenty powerful enough. We don't need stronger ones, although Heavy Lasers would be nice. :D

#12 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:55 AM

A good MPL Thunderbolt pilot can core the rear of my Timberwolf faster than I can realize somebody's even shooting me in the rear.

What do you want to be able to do? 1-shot Clan heavies? Not gonna happen.

#13 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:04 AM

View PostW A R K H A N, on 25 December 2014 - 07:13 AM, said:

I don't even....

Posted Image

#14 RolfS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 02:17 PM

Well it is nice with response but are you people even playing the same game?
I cant find a single match for CW where the attackers win in 20 minutes without using the zerg rush. I have won against clan in about 30 minutes and I have seen Clan Wolf units wining in the same time distance.

Areyse, why dont you fix your timber wolf? do you think all pilots run with little rear armour when doing the zerg rush? nope they dont.

If I had recorded the incident you would have seen a timber wolf walking straight at me, you cant miss a shoot like that. The timber wolf simply passed me at less than 30 meters, I didn't have to aim to shoot this guy in the back. The timber wolf simply refused to fall over.

.. and there is no honor in leggging the enemy...

#15 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 02:27 PM

Then hit the same torso panel. -5SS MPL builds are fantastic and it is not the mech here that is the problem.

#16 Flaming oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 02:51 PM

Defending in CW will clearly be made harder. Its pretty broken I have to agree the only way to win on the offence is rushing the objectives only way ive seen it won, Well once when the defenders kept leaving the base but yeah not counting that they didn't get the "defend" concept, But yep they will change defence its to easy on both maps as long as you stay on the base, FAR TO EASY on the snow map. Sad this took years, 2 teams on the same skill level the defenders will win without a shadow of a doubt its kind of BS. And takes all enjoyment and respect from it because winning on defence means you won holding all the cards. Winning on attack means you were facing defenders at a far lower skill level , Far lower.

#17 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 25 December 2014 - 02:57 PM

View PostRolfS, on 25 December 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

Yet there are victory, LPs, Cbills, XP and planetary conquest in legging. So you keep your honor, I'm here for the rest.

#18 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:59 PM

Areyse, why dont you fix your timber wolf? do you think all pilots run with little rear armour when doing the zerg rush? nope they dont.

If I had recorded the incident you would have seen a timber wolf walking straight at me, you cant miss a shoot like that. The timber wolf simply passed me at less than 30 meters, I didn't have to aim to shoot this guy in the back. The timber wolf simply refused to fall over.

A few extra points of armor wouldn't really change the fact the MPL Thunderbolt can dish out enough damage to core it in a couple shots to the back.

Problem is, even with the recent hitreg fix, you still need to lag shoot just a tad bit. So if the TBR is running away from you perpendicular, you should be aiming at the rear side torso closest to you in order to hit the CT.

MW3 was the only game where legging was against an oddly established ruleset unanimously agreed upon by the majority of players. The reasons for this were obvious in MW3. Taking even just a moderate amount of leg damaged caused a mech to fall over and have to get up.

As far as I've read, there is nothing in the lore to suggest legging as a dishonorable tactic.

#19 Chocowolf Sradac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • LocationStar Colonel, Clan Wolf, 4th Wolf guard, Alpha Galaxy

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:09 PM

I agree what's being said here if you keep the med pulses on a timberwolf's back ct you should be able to core and kill it within a few shots (that's if all the pulses are hitting the same target).

Or more importantly go legs to eliminate their momentum and make them much easier to kill once their speed has been significantly reduced to almost nothing.

#20 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:18 PM

Even if this was accepted by all the Clan units, what makes you think that we would fight by Zellbrigen against the IS armies?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users