User Friendly Social Interaction

No replies to this topic

#1 ZeroJee

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:35 PM

I'm fairly new, but my first line of thinking was, "Where is the $%^&* global chat interface in the (initial) garage/staging area/Mech Lab screen thingy?

I'd like to be able to talk to my fellow mech pilots, but as of now it's a very isolating and foreign experience for new players. Lucky for me, I enjoy challenging games with steep learning curves, and I use Teamspeak--so I assume I will eventually connect with folks who I can chat with and learn from out of game.

3rd party voice servers, and out of game forums aside, this game would greatly benefit from a user friendly, easily accessible, in plain sight, social user interface. (The kind where you can copy and paste hyperlinks into the chat!)

I have a feeling If you give this community better tools to thrive it will. This game has so much content already published, it seems to me the missing link is an in game platform that enables the players to readily communicate with one another and share information. . . talk about battles . . . recruit new players . . . help noobs get acquainted with things . . . discuss bugs and issues. . . etc. Basically if you put it out there we will do a lot of the work for you.

MWO features some of the oldest, most hard core gamer's from way back who have deep knowledge about the history of this game genre and it's lore (Going back a few generations!). There are volumes of technical information to pour over regarding MWO's tech -- mech builds, tactics, and so on. It feels to me that a lot of that knowledge is absent, like not even in the picture, for newer players (especially from newer generations) and having an easy way to dialogue gives the community a chance to keep all of this alive.

The icing on the cake would be an equally user friendly, in game, voice communication system. Not unlike what is used in Planetside 2. MWO's might not need be so extensive, but having a voice chat for platoon/lance/command (for lance and platoon leaders) would be so huge!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users