Question On House Pledging

2 replies to this topic

#1 Kazumi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 166 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:29 PM

So, I've taken a sizable break from MWO, and returning I've been trying to figure out if the pledging to a house does anything more than provide some free C-Bills and cosmetics right now? I see community warfare is up and I'm sure that it's tied into that, however digging through the site and searching around I've come up with very little in terms of full explanation.

Can someone explain;

Benefits of doing a full pledge vs 14/28 days (Besides the % bonus)
Penalty of breaking a pledge
If I join a communith for CW do I gotta change houses?

I appreciate the help on clearing up my questions. I realize it's likely explained someplace but I'm likely using the wrong Keywords and having trouble gathering all the info to make a informed choice.

Cheers.

Edited by Kazumi, 25 December 2014 - 05:33 PM.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:24 PM

In a nutshell:

The longer contract you get, the higher your CW loyalty rewards are, and the more expensive it is to break your contract early. Thus, a short contract is better if you want to change factions frequently, otherwise going longer is a better plan.

The penalty to break a contract is in cbills, and how much depends on the length of time remaining in your contract. I'm not sure exactly how much it is off hand, however.

If you join a unit for CW, you'll automatically join that unit's faction. That'll come as a contract as above, with the duration being determined by what the unit took.

Edited by Wintersdark, 25 December 2014 - 06:25 PM.

#3 l33tworks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:49 PM

What do the loyalty points do but...Also if you swtich factions around are going to end up with less special stuff for a particular perk. In other words will someone who has been with just one faction be able to min max and switching around will mean everything is meh

Edited by l33tworks, 25 December 2014 - 06:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users