#1 DarkRagexx74

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 23 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:35 PM

Hailz all,

I have been hoping to change the paint on some of my mechs. I'm not looking for much, just some basic colors like black, red, blue, white and green. I see that in game the colors are separated into groups, like basics, blues, tans, etc. Is there a way to buy colors in packages/bundles or are we stuck trying to buy them piecemeal? If that's the case then I'd rather spend all that real life cash on mechs and not something silly like paint. Is there any way to bundle them?

Also I see that house colors are bundled with wave packs like Clan and Resistance.... If I were to buy a wave pack to get some colors... are those colors available to all my mechs or just the ones from the bundle?

Thanks in advance

Dark

#2 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:36 PM

View PostDarkRagexx74, on 25 December 2014 - 07:35 PM, said:

Hailz all,

I have been hoping to change the paint on some of my mechs. I'm not looking for much, just some basic colors like black, red, blue, white and green. I see that in game the colors are separated into groups, like basics, blues, tans, etc. Is there a way to buy colors in packages/bundles or are we stuck trying to buy them piecemeal? If that's the case then I'd rather spend all that real life cash on mechs and not something silly like paint. Is there any way to bundle them?

Also I see that house colors are bundled with wave packs like Clan and Resistance.... If I were to buy a wave pack to get some colors... are those colors available to all my mechs or just the ones from the bundle?

Thanks in advance

Dark

There are no color bundles in the store, they only appear in the Faction/Pre-Order rewards for the mech packs.
But the colors in those packs are unlocked for every mech you own, unlike the Faction/Reward Camo patterns which are only unlocked for the mechs in the package.

#3 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:28 AM

If i recall correctly, it's something PGI hasn't tapped into yet.

I find their paint fees "too damned high" so I've gotten very little over time. I've been trying to convince them that selling it cheaper will mean more buyers, and a larger net profit (I mean..COME ON....all they are doing is selling us RGB codes), but they don't seem to believe it.

Oh well, green mechs work just fine and in a lot of cases are harder to see anyhow.

#4 DarkRagexx74

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 23 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 26 December 2014 - 11:20 AM

View PostTLBFestus, on 26 December 2014 - 12:28 AM, said:

If i recall correctly, it's something PGI hasn't tapped into yet.

I find their paint fees "too damned high" so I've gotten very little over time. I've been trying to convince them that selling it cheaper will mean more buyers, and a larger net profit (I mean..COME ON....all they are doing is selling us RGB codes), but they don't seem to believe it.

Oh well, green mechs work just fine and in a lot of cases are harder to see anyhow.

Yeah I agree... I'm fairly new to this version of mechwarrior and I used to love customizing my mechs but I can honestly say I haven't bought paint because of the price. It just didn't make sense when 3 or 4 colors of paint can get you a mech. I do understand they need to make money though. However I think there are better ways. I just didn't know if there was a better way of buying paints where you can get sets of them. Well... if PGI is paying attention, I think bundling paints might be a good idea.

Edited by DarkRagexx74, 26 December 2014 - 11:21 AM.

#5 vettie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 26 December 2014 - 11:35 AM

The best way to buy paints is to get them on sale.

Those that come in packages such as the Phoenix or Resistance or Clan Wave(s) (my understanding anyway, not sure about the Clan Packs) is that those colours can be used on ANY mech you own.

Camos -are 1 shot usage or Chassis Set Usage. 1 shot remains on the mech until you change it. Chassis set can be used on all chassis variants of 1 chassis type. Jenners-All Jenners except Sarah and Oxide can share the Chassis Set Camos.

Colours can be switched at will, even on Heros regardless of Camo pattern and once you buy them, you own them.

They (PGI) often runs sales on paint, even many times not advertised.

As we move forward into CW, they have discussed Faction Camos / Paints that you may EARN as well as buy and I suspect that those may be available as a "set" or "bundle" for each faction...

Get 'em when they go on sale...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users