Faction Bonus, No Thanks

22 replies to this topic

#1 GrogX

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:42 AM

I've not a clue if the bonus for playing for CFJ has enticed some new players or not but I don't feel it's helped us at all. Until the last couple days it seemed as if the only matches we lost were on defense with lots of Wolf and Ghost Bear pugs. Lately we're getting Wolf scores from CJF pugs. 2 of the last 4 matches we had 6 people below 600 damage. I'd expect that from a combined defense, not from a CFJ offense. It's embarrassing.

We (KCom) are trying to pull people into our NA Comstar channel every match; keep up the attempted organization Jade Falcons, we're too few to be so disorganized. Train up the new blood or ask them to see the door on their way out.

#2 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:14 AM

Yea i don't think it helped much. I've seen a couple of new units sporting JF tags but it's mostly still the regular JF units as always

#3 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:15 AM

My guess is that the higher bonuses attract more pugs than units.

#4 -Natural Selection-

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:38 AM

Our unit really did not want to go from CJF, and did not really intend on staying gone long. However the move to CSJ has been awesome. (though it seems some of the reason we left, move to CSJ grrr)

Just about all the units use the same TS, and if you drop with an 8 man 9/10 times they 4 man will be in your channel before you even ask them. The majority of the pugs cooperate very well when you have 6+ in your group "if" they did not get in your comms. And most of the units are friendly and work together well. Wanted to come back after a couple contract jumps, but looks like we are saying where we are for a bit.

*establish a centralized comms for CJF is a must

#5 GrogX

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:18 PM

Adiuvo also offered up the CoS TS http://mwomercs.com/...d-coordination/ but I haven't seen a lot of other units on there either. I don't think it matters much where we do it, as long as we just make it happen.

Mickey, glad the move has been fun. We hope you don't get too comfy over there!

#6 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:21 PM

just dropped with QQ mercs who are with jade falcon! that's good news they are a skilled unit!

#7 Bluefalcon13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:45 AM

View PostMickey Knoxx, on 26 December 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

Our unit really did not want to go from CJF, and did not really intend on staying gone long. However the move to CSJ has been awesome. (though it seems some of the reason we left, move to CSJ grrr)

Just about all the units use the same TS, and if you drop with an 8 man 9/10 times they 4 man will be in your channel before you even ask them. The majority of the pugs cooperate very well when you have 6+ in your group "if" they did not get in your comms. And most of the units are friendly and work together well. Wanted to come back after a couple contract jumps, but looks like we are saying where we are for a bit.

*establish a centralized comms for CJF is a must

Not only that Mickey, but there haven't been friendly fire instances over the 'lesser' folks not being cannon fodder for the lords.

Edited by Bluefalcon13, 27 December 2014 - 07:10 AM.

#8 w00tzor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationMechlab

Posted 27 December 2014 - 12:18 PM

View PostBluefalcon13, on 27 December 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

Not only that Mickey, but there haven't been friendly fire instances over the 'lesser' folks not being cannon fodder for the lords.

What are you talking about? Lol.

#9 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:47 PM

I would like to point out that I have PuGed into a few drops with Lords and not once have I been requested to be cannon fodder,

#10 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:56 PM

Pugs have never been asked to be cannon fodder by the Lords, this guy is just mad because when the lords push, they get mad when people don't advance with them (which, by the way is how you win games, advancing forward as a group). So there may have been a few cases of FF due to some people being mad that they were fighting the enemy by themselves and receiving all the damage, but I mean honestly, if some of you would sack up and push forward with the rest of the group, that kind of stuff wouldn't happen. It's just very frustrating to be moving forward with a few guys, ask for an advance and 3-4 guys are hiding behind rocks doing very little towards helping the team. The single best thing you can do for your team is to take some of the damage being dished out by the enemy, force them to spread their damage. When you sit in the back taking long range pop shots every 10 seconds, that does almost nothing towards moving your team to the victory line. Move up, you don't have to be the lead mech but when an enemy is looking at me, I would rather have him seeing 4 mechs instead of 1. Makes him make a choice and that leads to hesitation which gives me a chance to shoot first...plus lets face it, if he can see 4 mechs, 4 mechs can see him and that means he is either going to die fast or wish he had. Please move up with the guys who are moving forward, they know what they are doing and will lead you to victory if you let them.

#11 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

People are not used as Cannon Fodder, 9 times out of 10 Lords are asked for a plan or what we intend to do, people look to Lords to dictate the game, which in itself is fine.
But you (in the collective sense) need to follow through with them/us backing out because your afraid to get shot and lose a mech or two makes the team weaker and more likely to lose.

The team is the total sum of the parts, not the parts individually.

Edited by DV McKenna, 27 December 2014 - 03:37 PM.

#12 w00tzor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationMechlab

Posted 27 December 2014 - 05:19 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 27 December 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

Pugs have never been asked to be cannon fodder by the Lords, this guy is just mad because when the lords push, they get mad when people don't advance with them (which, by the way is how you win games, advancing forward as a group). So there may have been a few cases of FF due to some people being mad that they were fighting the enemy by themselves and receiving all the damage, but I mean honestly, if some of you would sack up and push forward with the rest of the group, that kind of stuff wouldn't happen. It's just very frustrating to be moving forward with a few guys, ask for an advance and 3-4 guys are hiding behind rocks doing very little towards helping the team. The single best thing you can do for your team is to take some of the damage being dished out by the enemy, force them to spread their damage. When you sit in the back taking long range pop shots every 10 seconds, that does almost nothing towards moving your team to the victory line. Move up, you don't have to be the lead mech but when an enemy is looking at me, I would rather have him seeing 4 mechs instead of 1. Makes him make a choice and that leads to hesitation which gives me a chance to shoot first...plus lets face it, if he can see 4 mechs, 4 mechs can see him and that means he is either going to die fast or wish he had. Please move up with the guys who are moving forward, they know what they are doing and will lead you to victory if you let them.

Shhh, don't tell them. Because you're just gonna use the excuse "i am providing fire support from here" and then finish the match with 600 damage.

#13 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:17 PM

View PostGrogX, on 26 December 2014 - 01:42 AM, said:

ask them to see the door on their way out.

Right there I really want to tell you to go f$%k yourself you little jumped up pr#ck. But I'd get in trouble for that. Its an open game for anyone to play so you dont have the right to tell anyone to go elsewhere. Had a great game with Pat Kell and his KCom friends last night, he was very calm and helpful guiding everyone to an easy win. Even considered joining up with his team.

If the Kcom policy is to tell anyone not good enough to leave this faction (not your unit) then no thanks, KCOM aint for me. The arrogance to even think you have a shred of right to say that is jaw dropping GrogX.

Edited by Keira RAVEN McKenna, 27 December 2014 - 06:18 PM.

#14 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:49 PM

We all lose when those who are good at this game(or think they are) start telling other players to leave.

Number 1 this is a game. No need to be nasty to others.This game needs all of us even lowly pugs like myself.

#15 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:09 PM

I only dropped with Lords twice, and never had a problem. How big of a sample pool are we working with for FF drops? A single one?

#16 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:00 PM

Keira, I don't want to speak for Grog but I will try to interpret his intent here. There have been lots of matches where we try to dictate a strategy, ask for help and try to guide people but there are a select few who refuse to try other things and seem to think they know best. These people are welcome to stay of course but it gets frustrating trying to show people a path to victory and they throw it back in our face. I especially love it when I will lay out a plan of attack, 9-10 people follow it and the other will go do their own thing and then get mad at us because our plan didn't work. The plans I thow out only work if 12 people commit to it so I suspect, in a moment of rage after a match like I described, Grog was basically saying that if you want to drop as a Jade Falcon, try to work as a team and try to learn new things, otherwise you are hurting us all. BTW, I remember the match we played together and staying calm and executing the strategy is how we win. Nice work BTW, your always welcome to drop into our channel, drop with us and meet us all. Trust me, Grog is a very nice guy.

Thanks for the compliment and let me assure you that we have an open door policy to anyone willing to commit to improving. Arguing, not following battle plans and being annoyances in general is the type of people we try to avoid.

Edited by Pat Kell, 27 December 2014 - 10:04 PM.

#17 -Natural Selection-

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:20 PM

Kinda cute that you think 20 secs after gates open is sitting back. But I guess everyone knows the situation at hand. GL to all, HF

#18 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:15 AM

View PostPat Kell, on 27 December 2014 - 10:00 PM, said:

Keira, I don't want to speak for Grog but I will try to interpret his intent here. There have been lots of matches where we try to dictate a strategy, ask for help and try to guide people but there are a select few who refuse to try other things and seem to think they know best. These people are welcome to stay of course but it gets frustrating trying to show people a path to victory and they throw it back in our face. I especially love it when I will lay out a plan of attack, 9-10 people follow it and the other will go do their own thing and then get mad at us because our plan didn't work. The plans I thow out only work if 12 people commit to it so I suspect, in a moment of rage after a match like I described, Grog was basically saying that if you want to drop as a Jade Falcon, try to work as a team and try to learn new things, otherwise you are hurting us all. BTW, I remember the match we played together and staying calm and executing the strategy is how we win. Nice work BTW, your always welcome to drop into our channel, drop with us and meet us all. Trust me, Grog is a very nice guy.

Thanks for the compliment and let me assure you that we have an open door policy to anyone willing to commit to improving. Arguing, not following battle plans and being annoyances in general is the type of people we try to avoid.

Then perhaps he should be dropping with 11 other KCOM members and if he cant, thats life and this is what happens.

#19 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:01 AM

View Postreddevil, on 27 December 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

I only dropped with Lords twice, and never had a problem. How big of a sample pool are we working with for FF drops? A single one?

Could be once... And he could have stepped out after someone shot.. This isn't pokemon you can't call them back once their out.

#20 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:49 AM

Keira, all he was trying to do was get some organization going. Maybe poor choice of words but the message is, please come join us in working together.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users