Home Screen, Why?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Percimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:18 AM

As someone who changes mech almost every match, going back to the home screen after a game is one more dratted click before launching a new one. Why? Why....?

Selecting a mech in the home section, while possible, is a pain in the lower back torso, you got to scroll, open the subsection of the chassis, select the variant you want and then it's not even over...

Who uses the home section? What's its purpose beside housing the achievements, inventory and the other little used tabs? Do they really need their own section? Do we need to be reminded they exist after every match we play? Why can't we spin our mechs around while there, best view we have of them, but it's got to be locked on straight front view...

Why not simply returning to the section tab you were in when you hit play instead of forcing a specific one?

That's my Christmas rant, a minor annoyance, true, but still... WHY?

#2 PauloBR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:38 AM

Home screen is the only way to enter in the testing grounds, isn't it? =P

#3 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:46 AM

Here is my question, why cant we just click mech lab and not have to hit home? To get to a mech we have to hit Home, mech lab, find the mech, hit configure. Once we do our configuring, we cant just hit mech lab, we gotta go home, mechlab again. That or go back a bunch of times which I think sends us back home anyway.

The UI in the mechlab is pretty bad overall. Ive spent tons of time in it and still find it a clunky interface.

The designing of our mechs should be centered around the "Mech Details" tab. Make it more like MW4's Interface. Off to the left pops up the mech Details. On the right pops up the current list of components and the little sub tabs in each compnent section, like we have now, H, CT, LT, RT, LA, RA, LL, RL. To the right of that pops up a seriously condensed list of actual components. Make smaller pictures and bigger text. Those pictures just really confuse the crap out of me lol. Then Organize the list alphabetically and from smallest weapon to biggest and based on type. I swear, in the list now it goes AC2, LBX5, AC20, SRM6, and its just all over the place, with pictures that dont tell much.

Atleast in MW4, they had pictures but you could kinda figure out what you were picking based on it. SL was a single line, a SPL was a single broken up line. A ML was 2 lines, a LL was I think 3 or 4. A PPC was a large ball of energy or something.

THen we can edit right out of the Mech details tab. That way we can see everything plain as day as to whats where and all that. Right now I find myself switching between mech details and the mech lab alot, trying to figure out where what is and all that. THe UI is very clunky.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users