Been Away, Bring Me Up To Speed?

3 replies to this topic

#1 MadChemist56

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:42 AM

Hey all,

I've been away from MWO for about 6 months or so and only loosely following the development. It looks like I'm going to have some time to play again so can I get an overview of what has changed - particularly in the game play - during that time.

Thanks

#2 Tyrnea Smurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 11:34 AM

A Beta test version of Community Warfare has arrived. Allowing you to fight for the greater glory of the faction of your choice. I suggest crusing around the new CW forum to get acquainted with a few aspects of the CW system.

Mech quirks for IS mechs has arrived. Its a huge game changer. I highly recommend cruising around the guides and builds forums, and play with smurfys a bit to get up to speed.

A link I found that has a list of what was quirked up in alphabetical order http://snafets.de/mw..._v1_3_354_0.htm

Edited by Tyrnea Smurf, 26 December 2014 - 11:34 AM.

#3 Cion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 750 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 11:47 AM

Russ bought out IGP so IGP is no longer in the picture.

With IGP gone we've had increased contact with the devs, they busted out CW beta in six months, got invasion mode with 2 maps, got one other map for normal queue.

Gameplay wise there's a heavy clan ecm, and quirks which have been huge. Now mechs that sucked bad can be decent, and former decent mechs can reach higher tiers of performance if properly loaded.

Meta has changed a lot. Previously pulse lasers were only for the lolz. Now pulse lasers are all the rage.

I think ppcs got nerfed in the last 6 months, or before.

Have fun and welcome back

#4 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

View PostCion, on 26 December 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

I think ppcs got nerfed in the last 6 months, or before.

Have fun and welcome back

PPCs (and llas) got the bat back in August.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users