Suggestion: Matchmaking And Cw Paints

No replies to this topic

#1 Vaniyz

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:51 PM

In the past few days my small gaming group has been discussing unit colors for using in MWO. Having never had meaningful affilitations with any previous Battletech competitive play, we don't exactly live and bleed anybody's paintjob. So as most of us have played since Closed Beta, our mechs have all grown to all variety of camo and colors as they've come out, we got things on sale and so forth and we're all a little hesistant to change them.

So the thought that came to mind was now with the community warfare beta, instead of just being a group of howler monkies on comms the game is finally allowing us a bit of immersion. So why shouldn't it be different from normal matchmaking? And that led me to my simple idea.

Have a unit paintscheme option for CW in addition to the normal paintjob. The simplest would be for unit leaders to set the color and camo, and then if members had all the required bits (or even if they don't, alternatively) they could select the unit colors, or their own paint to be special snowflakes, aces, whatever. Less restrictrictive it could just be a different color set that you can select in CW, or a second pallet to use anywhere but that migrates off from my idea.

Pros
- Allows players to use more of their colors and camos on fewer mechs.
- Players in units don't have to decide between their own, or their unit schemes.
- (For PGI) promotes players buying more single-use camos.
- Possible uptick in units sharing colors, and thus immersion. (And very likely so if members didn't have to own the colors to use unit-set ones).

Cons
- Servers have to store more paint data.
- Possible small decline in perm camo sales.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users