Beta Testers Needed For Upcoming Community Event

30 replies to this topic

#1 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:57 PM

Greetings fellow Mech Jockies, I represent a small group of players who have been working particularly hard the past couple months to lay the groundwork on a very unique Community Event which will debut here shortly. I'm not going to go into any of the specific details on it just now but I will say that none of you have probably ever seen anything quite like it in MWO before. With that being said we do require some assistance with testing certain aspects of it. This is where you guys come in. We need pilots to help Beta test this event before we go public with it. Those who help can expect to have not only a fun time doing it but may also receive special privileges and rewards for their assistance. If I have piqued your curiosity, and you wish to sign up to help, please PM me and I'll add you in to the group.

*Please note that we do ask those who help to keep quiet about what goes on with this event as we are hoping to release it as a gift to the Community and don't want anything spoiled for them. We also ask that you be available for testing at least a couple times a week so that we can quickly proceed through this phase and on to the finishing touches.

Happy Holidays everyone and good hunting

-Silken

Edit: This post is outdated and I haven't gotten around to updating the info above. While the majority of the info is still sound I have since then released details of the event and invited everyone to help so no more secrecy. See my post at the bottom of the page for the juicy details.

Edited by TheSilken, 03 February 2015 - 05:22 AM.

#2 Nikol Grall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tn

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:18 AM

Shush...I would say if i was involved but then i might have to kill you...for real...

#3 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:56 AM

Do it I dare you :D

#4 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 27 December 2014 - 12:04 PM

You're not trolling, are you?

Also, is there any way that we could get an estimate on the time commitment?

Getting answers to both questions may help improve the quantity and quality of PMs you receive. :)

#5 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 12:14 PM

Nope I'm serious about this event definitely not trolling. Testing will take place on the weekends mostly and will be for only a couple hours in total for the week (I'm thinking 2-5 hours a week as average). This is because we realize that many players have other obligations such as teams, CW, work, family, etc that need their attention. As of right now I don't have a definite schedule as to when testing will begin but once we get enough people I'll make sure that everyone involved gets an accurate heads up as to the date, time, location, etc. Times will most likely vary each week to accommodate the most participants. If I left something out please let me know.

#6 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 27 December 2014 - 12:14 PM

Well.. you seem to have answered mine and Nightmare's questions whilst I was typing my question so.. this is an unnecessary post.. my apologies :D.

Edited by t Khrist, 27 December 2014 - 12:15 PM.

#7 Nikol Grall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tn

Posted 27 December 2014 - 12:15 PM

I would say for the test no more than 3-6 matches per pilot, per week. Once tested we should be weekly or bi-weekly.

#8 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 12:22 PM

They can do more if they want to though

#9 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 12:50 PM

Nikol Grall and Marack Drock can also receive your PMs so if I'm offline feel free to hit them up and they'll get the info back to me.

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:44 PM

I'll be here for the testing and the event in some capacity.

#11 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:59 PM

Any word on Lordred yet Koniving?

#12 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 11:53 AM

Things are coming along nicely. Great thanks to everyone who has signed up already. I wonder who'll be next?

#13 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:31 AM

Marack I don't want specific details of the event given out to people just yet, please just release info on the testing. I like surprises :ph34r:

Edit: Hints are ok though :D

Edited by TheSilkenPimp, 30 December 2014 - 07:31 AM.

#14 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:46 AM

To help get people excited here's some vague hints about the event that we will be testing:

Hint 1: Dark Souls

Hint 2: Falcon Punch

Hint 3: Player Progression

#15 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:43 PM

We've reached the point where we finally have enough testers to begin. Dates should be rolling out here soon so if you've signed up get ready and keep an eye on this weekend and next weekend.

Edit: I want to clarify that we are still accepting people though so sign up if you're interested.

Edited by TheSilkenPimp, 04 January 2015 - 01:54 PM.

#16 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:14 PM

The Gatekeepers can commit soldiers as necessary. How many do you need?

#17 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:16 PM

As many as want to help.

#18 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:12 PM

Ok the first session of the Testing just completed and it was a blast. Big thanks to everyone who made it or tried to make it. The next one will be along here soon, just gotta find out the dates and times again, so if you haven't signed up and you want to we still have room so send me a PM.

#19 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:42 AM

Ok things are moving along (kind of) but I do require more people to help out so that we have a consistent amount of people showing up to testing sessions. Also, Koniving pointed out to me that despite the fact I wanted this to be a surprise to the community I need to make things more clear as to what it is so that people get excited. Because of this fact I will now be releasing some details on the event.

Here they are:
  • This event will be biweekly (as in every other week)
  • Players will sign up to participate beforehand as either a Competitor or as the Opposition
  • Competitors seek to beat challenges that are divided into Tiers while the Opposition tries to defeat them
  • Specialization challenges ensure that players branch out of their comfort zone
  • Competitor progress will be recorded and once they defeat all required challenges in a Tier they are then elevated to that corresponding Player Tier
  • The Player Tier with everyone's rankings will be posted in the forums in the launch Thread
  • We will use the rankings in future events to help pair people up with/against others on a similar skill level
  • Occasionally we will be releasing sub-events with very unique and fun challenges to add variety
Now on to details regarding Testing:
  • We only need to test a couple more challenges
  • Most of our efforts will go towards creating a Teaser Trailer and Launch Trailer with Lordred and Koniving
  • We will also be working on how to manage this event
  • The more people who help the faster this will get done.
There now the mystery is gone and we can get stuff done at a faster rate.

I still saved some details to myself though ;)

Edit: I WILL NOW BE POSTING SESSION TIMES/DATES HERE INSTEAD OF PMs

Edited by TheSilken, 30 January 2015 - 08:50 AM.

#20 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:02 AM

Mind if I post this in General discussion? I don't think everyone looks here usually...

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users